Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Code P0506 on my 2001 tibby

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gxldtib 
#1 ·
OK hey guys im new to owing a tibby this will be my 3rd week owing one and so far im loving the ride. so far i replaced the radiator, put a cold air intake, tuned the car up (of course) replaced fuel injectors and also replaced the valve cover. Now today was the day i replaced the valve cover, as soon as i turn the car on check engine light pops up, so i went to autozone and the guy told me its my idle air control valve i dont know how that came about, maybe replacing the valve cover but i dont know what to do i need to fix fast cause im taking the car up to the shore in about a week and im afraid something will happen along the ride need help please

#2 ·
Welcome to NT.

You have a I4?

Possible reason for the code is a vacuum leak. Since I believe you have a PCV system from the valve cover to the intake, having a gasket leak for the valve cover could be it. Maybe the gasket is torn, out of place, etc.

Why did you replace the injectors and valve cover?

#3 · (Edited)
well i replaced the valve cover because the old one was cracked and leaking a little bit of oil and i replaced the injectors because i had another code for multiple misfires, and i believe yesterday i cleaned the IAC and my idle has been better then before and the check engine light hasn't came on after i unplugged the battery and yes i do have a I4

#4 ·
It was probably just a coincidence. The 2001 Tibs have that big external Idle control valve that gets gummed up over time and the piston gets stuck. Also check the condition of the hose that connects it to the intake manifold and the one that goes to the intake hose before the throttle body.

When was last time Timing Belt was changed? They should be changed every 60,000 miles. If you don't have proof it was changed get it changed ASAP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.