The Official OHIO Thread - Page 901 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #22501 of 22532 Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Official OHIO Thread

rats, too far for this old fart to drive nowadays.

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 L4@165HP, 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22502 of 22532 Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
cdragonm is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortunately you didn't miss much man... Was a bust Had fun driving there though. Met a few new peeps. so it's whatever
oni888 likes this.

Man is capable of as much atrocities as he has imagination.

To err is human, to blame someone else is good management skills.

People are, well, only human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in America.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22503 of 22532 Old 09-29-2015, 02:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
sixsicksix is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Hello! new Tib owner here, only owned mine for about a month and a half. Its a work in progress as a lot of things need to be fixed or replaced, but I am in love with this car already. I live in Columbus. Anyone in the area willing to meet up? Also possibly help me/give advice about fixing and replacing things? If you see me around my tib is pearl blue (for the moment).

post #22504 of 22532 Old 09-30-2015, 08:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Welcome welcome. Wealth of knowledge here. Enjoy. Try to search a lot before asking questions, you will anger the elders otherwise....

People are, well, only human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in America.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22505 of 22532 Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sixsicksix is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

yeah ive already used the DIY so much. SO much awesome knowledge here
post #22506 of 22532 Old 03-02-2016, 01:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

ARKedV6 will become famous soon enough

It's been awhile since I've checked the forums, but I go through Columbus from time to time to visit some old friends. I only live up north about an hour and a half away.
post #22507 of 22532 Old 06-13-2016, 09:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Keith071823 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to this forum. I have own my 07 Tiburon for a little over a year now. Does anyone live in or near the Akron area?
post #22508 of 22532 Old 06-14-2016, 02:19 AM
NewTiburon.com God

oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith071823 View Post
I'm new to this forum. I have own my 07 Tiburon for a little over a year now. Does anyone live in or near the Akron area?
welcome to the forum. post some pics of your ride! im in Ravenna. used to live in Akron and wife is from there. is yours the blue one with the racing stripe or the black one with the side marker lights? those are 2 new arrivals that ive seen around recently. got rid of our Tib (went thru 2 of em in 7 years) a few months back but its back in town to haunt me and i still visit this forum to help people out.

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 L4@165HP, 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.

Last edited by oni888; 06-14-2016 at 02:23 AM.
post #22509 of 22532 Old 06-14-2016, 10:52 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

And I'm in canton so not too far away,.

post #22510 of 22532 Old 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdragonm View Post
I pass through and drive to canton all the time. We should meet up sometime. Do you know anyone else near here?
post #22511 of 22532 Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni888 View Post
welcome to the forum. post some pics of your ride! im in Ravenna. used to live in Akron and wife is from there. is yours the blue one with the racing stripe or the black one with the side marker lights? those are 2 new arrivals that ive seen around recently. got rid of our Tib (went thru 2 of em in 7 years) a few months back but its back in town to haunt me and i still visit this forum to help people out.
ill post pictures as soon as i can figure out how to lol and i have a white 07 Tib i almost bought a blue one twice lol im planning on getting a genesis coupe soon hopefully
post #22512 of 22532 Old 06-14-2016, 11:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
hey dude, hows them new rims and wheels you put on doing? they looked sharp.

post #22513 of 22532 Old 06-15-2016, 12:05 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
ill post pictures as soon as i can figure out how to lol and i have a white 07 Tib i almost bought a blue one twice lol im planning on getting a genesis coupe soon hopefully
ive been having trouble posting pics too. even ones i previously put up. go figure. i see several white ones around here so hard to tell who is who. me likey those Gen Coupes much better than our Kia Soul+ econocarton fer sure, cept they rear wheel drive (rather have a Nissan Altima Coupe or a Veloster). @TiburonGT03 (out near Ashland) moved up to a turbo Gen a while back. BTW, you joined a "day late and a dollar short". several of us met up at Octane Nights here in Ravenna last summer. i dont dare go this year unless i wear a bag over my head!! have a look here:
Tiburon Takeover?

Last edited by oni888; 06-15-2016 at 12:16 AM.
post #22514 of 22532 Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

my tib is white, i plasti dipped my taillights, my gas cap or whatever you call that, all my emblems, and my exhaust tips (all of them black) i also just recently replaced my rotors and painted my calipers blue. i have revolution racing aftermarket 17 inch rims. yeah, im looking to get a turbo gen but i want a 13 plus because i heard the stick is better. i wish i would have made an account last year
post #22515 of 22532 Old 06-16-2016, 02:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quote:
I pass through and drive to canton all the time. We should meet up sometime. Do you know anyone else near here?
No problem, just let me know. I'm always around. as for knowing anyone, no, But i've seen a few around.

Quote:
hey dude, hows them new rims and wheels you put on doing? they looked sharp.
Rims are good. Saving up now for the kit to plastidip the whole car clear coat and all. ABout 900. not including the bit of body work it needs. Just hit 60k in this 05 lol
post #22516 of 22532 Old 06-16-2016, 02:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
No problem, just let me know. I'm always around. as for knowing anyone, no, But i've seen a few around.

Rims are good. Saving up now for the kit to plastidip the whole car clear coat and all. ABout 900. not including the bit of body work it needs. Just hit 60k in this 05 lol
really decent mileage you have @11 years of age (timing belt&water pump next in line maybe? glad i dont have to worry bout that anymore). curious to see how the plastidip works out, gotta post some pics when your done with it.

post #22517 of 22532 Old 06-16-2016, 07:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

I'm free Thursday-saturday usually, those are my days off. I have 190k on my tib. I like how plasti dip turns out
post #22518 of 22532 Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Quote:
really decent mileage you have @11 years of age (timing belt&water pump next in line maybe? glad i dont have to worry bout that anymore). curious to see how the plastidip works out, gotta post some pics when your done with it.
IF I ever get it done. Means I have to work OT for at least a month (not just for the dip) but motivation to do that (I hate this job) is lacking. Will be worth it though. I'm also debating removing the spoiler for good. If you know a good way to fill the holes left behind let me know lol

post #22519 of 22532 Old 06-20-2016, 12:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

nsdthumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys! Only joined recently. Im the Dayton area. Blue '04 2.0. in the process of boosting it. I have a build journal if you're interested but theres not much there at the moment. Hope you all are well!

part time Fabricator & progammer. Full time slacker
post #22520 of 22532 Old 06-20-2016, 01:02 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
IF I ever get it done. Means I have to work OT for at least a month (not just for the dip) but motivation to do that (I hate this job) is lacking. Will be worth it though. I'm also debating removing the spoiler for good. If you know a good way to fill the holes left behind let me know lol
hell, id be happy just to have a real job!! as far as spoiler holes, i see some people ue plastic plugs painted to match the vehicle. theres a DIY here somewhere that even has the size plug and a note that one needs to be "squared off" a little on one side since one of the holes is irregular shaped.
i believe @KelConquer has done so (some plastidipping too). he may have some more suggestions.
KelConquer likes this.

Last edited by oni888; 06-20-2016 at 01:07 PM.
post #22521 of 22532 Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

cjmccoy2018
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsdthumper View Post
Hey guys! Only joined recently. Im the Dayton area. Blue '04 2.0. in the process of boosting it. I have a build journal if you're interested but theres not much there at the moment. Hope you all are well!
Welcome! I am in the dayton area aswell!

2005 Hyundai Tiburon V6 5-Speed Manual
post #22522 of 22532 Old 06-20-2016, 11:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

nsdthumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmccoy2018 View Post
Welcome! I am in the dayton area aswell!
what part? i guess i might be slightly out of the dayton area, I'm actually in Troy. Going to hobart welding school there

part time Fabricator & progammer. Full time slacker
post #22523 of 22532 Old 06-24-2016, 05:02 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
hell, id be happy just to have a real job!! as far as spoiler holes, i see some people ue plastic plugs painted to match the vehicle. theres a DIY here somewhere that even has the size plug and a note that one needs to be "squared off" a little on one side since one of the holes is irregular shaped.
i believe @KelConquer has done so (some plastidipping too). he may have some more suggestions.
The plastic plugs work nicely, I found mine at Lowes. The DIY which includes the sizes you need can be found right here.

Getting that one odd one cut in a way that lets it fit nicely can be a little tough, might want to get extras of that size because the first few I trimmed still sat unevenly when I pressed them in. Besides that this is a nice budget-friendly way to take care of the holes.

BTW - when you remove the spoiler, you should take the plastic out from the hatch so that you can easily locate where the connection for the 3rd brake light is. I was a dummy and cut the wire for mine, which is no biggy unless you want to resell the spoiler or light (or put it back on for that matter)
oni888 likes this.

"Broken things break other things."
post #22524 of 22532 Old 02-07-2017, 06:54 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Shawn Gvozd is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Anyone located in the Cleveland area?
post #22525 of 22532 Old 02-19-2017, 08:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sornat is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Cleveland here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.