The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread - Page 4 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Always Here To Help

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

Well I'm off for the night...... I'm going to go play some Need For Speed Undercover.

PS.... does anybody know if it is a bad thing to leave the tib up on jack stands for the next 3 months? I wanted to put the jack stands on the 4 jack locations on the car.... just was wondering if anything would happen to the frame from sitting for so long on those 4 pressure points?

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

i did it.
EDIT: DON'T USE THE JACK POSITIONS! Use the subframe. and rear axle.
NINJADOUBLEEDIT: Maybe it's not the axle...hell, I dunno, I still suck at understanding that structural part of cars. It's the bigass block of steel that goes across the rear. lol!

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.

Last edited by heratik; 12-22-2008 at 02:49 AM.
post #78 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 AM
NewTiburon.com God

AJD 4 ND will become famous soon enough

wow some people were actually up during chad and I's normally posting time ( if that made sense ) the nights just getting started lol and the work day is just starting/continuing for chad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures and Mod List

post #79 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

CaliTiburon

Did someone say party?? i want in! lol..wassup yall?
post #80 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 AM
NewTiburon.com God

04TIBURONGT will become famous soon enough

it's actually good to put your car on jackstands for that long of time isn't it? Because i heard if you leave it on the ground without moving it then your tires will get flat spots....

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

post #81 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 AM
NewTiburon.com God

AJD 4 ND will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TIBURONGT View Post
it's actually good to put your car on jackstands for that long of time isn't it? Because i heard if you leave it on the ground without moving it then your tires will get flat spots....
yes this is true... thats why every winter i'll be putting on an extra set of rims and tires that i'll have laying around for that exact reason... you can prevent this somewhat tho by putting carpet under your wheels and by backing you car out every once in a while... the flat spots will come out after a bit of driving tho so its really not that big of a deal... my dads vette sits all winter and is never touched till warm weather time and the flat spots come right out with no problems

Pictures and Mod List

post #82 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD 4 ND View Post
wow some people were actually up during chad and I's normally posting time ( if that made sense ) the nights just getting started lol and the work day is just starting/continuing for chad
Heh, yeah I know...It's been weird like that lately. A lot of people (coughcoughjeremy) have been up as late as 4am and beyond. Frickin' weird because I'm used to not talking to ANYONE from about 2am - 6am.

post #83 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by heratik View Post
Heh, yeah I know...It's been weird like that lately. A lot of people (coughcoughjeremy) have been up as late as 4am and beyond. Frickin' weird because I'm used to not talking to ANYONE from about 2am - 6am.
hahaha.... i can't help it guys i have been extremely bored at night. I would love to be outside working on my brakes and lowering springs, but it's just to damn cold... I did however go back out there around 10, took the brake caliper off and caught a BIG wind gust.... needless to say 5 minutes later i found myself in here haha

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

post #84 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

you're an f'n nutcase. it's 3 out right now.

post #85 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 03:00 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
you're an f'n nutcase. it's 3 out right now.
i know but im sick of not driving my car lol... . matt was suppose to help me the last 2 night but has bailed on me. which pisses me off because i wait around all night and then he never calls or shows up. So i am just goin to have to do it on my own. I think i know how but i can't get the damn rotors off they are stuck. (changing the rotors and pads)

post #86 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Looks like you'll get a break on christmas eve and also the coming weekend. It's supposed to be 40's and 50s!

post #87 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Looks like you'll get a break on christmas eve and also the coming weekend. It's supposed to be 40's and 50s!
NICE! those will deffinately be the days i install my springs... we need to get this damn carclub idea rollin. It never goes anywhere though so i am about to give up lol. I have a couple other guys interested but they asked for details and i couldn't give them any lol

i think i am going to bed... i will tty guys later though.

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-22-2008 at 03:06 AM.
post #88 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
i did it.
EDIT: DON'T USE THE JACK POSITIONS! Use the subframe. and rear axle.
NINJADOUBLEEDIT: Maybe it's not the axle...hell, I dunno, I still suck at understanding that structural part of cars. It's the bigass block of steel that goes across the rear. lol!
I'm going to be putting the Tib up for winter finally today for the last time..... where are these positions that I should put the jack stands? Got a pic you can send me?

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
post #89 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

IF YOU PUT YOUR CAR ON JACK STANDS YOU NEED TO EITHER:

A. PUT ON SOME SPARE TIRES AND PUT BLOCKS OF WOOD UNDER THEM
OR
B. STACK ALOT OF WOOD UNDER THE CONTROL ARMS SO YOUR SUSPENTION IS JUST HANGING

either way its not healthy to leave the suspention just hanging for that long as its not ment to be stretched out like that and could cause un normal wear. after months being left in that position

scott: use the frame rails that rin the lenght of the underside the car OR you can jack them at the control arms where they connect OR you can use where the cross-member connects to the frame.

04TIBURONGT: you dont have a big enough hammer. if you allready go the little screws out then just beat the **** out of the rotor till it falls off. ( when i first switched to d/s rotors i had to literally crack the rotor in half and beat the two halfs off the hub. i used a 4lb ballpein and it still took about 45 mins of beating.)

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-22-2008 at 09:34 AM.
post #90 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Always Here To Help

KG.... not sure exactly what areas those would be for the stands to go... u have a pic you can show me? Thanks man... I have a pic in my profile of the bottom side of my car that you can use if you want.

post #91 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 01:52 PM
NewTiburon.com God

KG thanks for the info man. I did end up using a mini sledge and beat the hell out of it but my friend said to use a 12lb sledge. As far as those 2 screws go they were really pissing me off... they were so tight that all it would do is round out the heads (which i heard is a common issue) So i took other members advice and just drilled them out lol

post #92 of 2675 Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Lookin' good Jeremy. I figured you would use the alternate sig...it showed the darker pic better.

Last edited by heratik; 12-22-2008 at 02:21 PM.
post #93 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Lookin' good Jeremy. I figured you would use the alternate sig...it showed the darker pic better.
yea thanks for hookin me up with the sweet new sig chad!

post #94 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Oh yeah, great, announce it officially to the world a$$hat. lol! j/k.

To the rest of the locals, if you want a sig, PM me and include some pics. I'll get around to it...eventually.

post #95 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 AM
NewTiburon.com God

sorry man

everyone bomb chad with PM's to get him to make you a sig!

post #96 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

I'm going into hiding again. lol! Aight, I really do gotta get back to work. Damn NT, I'm gonna have to stop signing in again or something...there's always something interesting to read!

post #97 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:35 AM
NewTiburon.com God

damn white text is only funny if someone sees it lol....

i finally got my brakes and rotors done wooooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #98 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

Hey guys. I'm Josh and I live in Columbus. I've got a Black 2008 Tiburon GT. I work 2 dead end jobs to pay for my wife and my toys, while going to school full time for web design. She is stock at the moment(the car, not my wife lol) but I have some parts I plan on installing soon. My clutch blew a few weeks ago due to some faulty parts. Less than 2,000 miles on the car at the time of detonation. It sucked pretty hard but the Tiburon is back and I'm happy again

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
post #99 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 AM
NewTiburon.com God

nice to meet you man. My names jeremy and i live in the reynoldsburg area. I have a black 04 GT. hope we see you at some local meets this spring! Depending on how close you are i will probably see you on the road at some point in time if i havn't already lol

post #100 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 01:56 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

Reynoldsburg huh? I'm usually around Brice road and 256 (Pickerington). Good to meet you. I'm pretty sure I've seen you. I'm at best buy all the time and I saw a black tibby like you around 256

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.