The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread - Page 5 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #101 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
04TIBURONGT will become famous soon enough
Re: The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vind View Post
Reynoldsburg huh? I'm usually around Brice road and 256 (Pickerington). Good to meet you. I'm pretty sure I've seen you. I'm at best buy all the time and I saw a black tibby like you around 256
yea i usually cruise down that way with friends during the summer. I actually live off of rosehill on the other side of main street heading towards broad. I have smoked tail lights so if you have seen a black tib with blacked out tails it was probably me because i have not seen anyone else like that around here so far. My lisense plate is also 1 BAD GK so most people see that as well lol.

edit: i just realized how cocky the whole lisense plate thing sounded, like i meant it as far as racing lol. I meant it usually get's peoples attention haha

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-23-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

Mine is EBY ----. I can't remember the rest lol. If you hear somebody honkin, don't be alarmed. Its just me saying hi. I'm moving in the spring to the "Taylor Square" apartments by the Walmart in Reynoldsburg. Those apartments are much nicer than the crap hole we are living in right now.

I don't have a whole lot of visual mods planned. I would like to get my windows tinted, black out tail lights, maybe some black rims. If you haven't figured it out, I want this thing to look like the bat mobile. Dark and evil. I going to take my H badges off and paint em dark gray. I like the Tuscani badges, but I can't find one I want. Just a T. I don't want a Tuscani. All other badges are going to be removed. One day when I see one I like, a cf hood.

As far as performance goes, I/H/E blah blah, new clutch, flywheel, short throw shifter. I'm worried about lowering the car. The roads around here suck and I don't want to grind anything. No boost until my warranty runs out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.

Last edited by Vind; 12-23-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: adding more to the list
post #103 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 03:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TIBURONGT View Post
yea i usually cruise down that way with friends during the summer. I actually live off of rosehill on the other side of main street heading towards broad. I have smoked tail lights so if you have seen a black tib with blacked out tails it was probably me because i have not seen anyone else like that around here so far. My lisense plate is also 1 BAD GK so most people see that as well lol.

edit: i just realized how cocky the whole lisense plate thing sounded, like i meant it as far as racing lol. I meant it usually get's peoples attention haha
Don't worry about it.

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.

post #104 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
NewTiburon.com God

yea i think you will be ok lowering the car, you will just have to be really careful. I am getting ready to do mine as soon as the weather gets decent. I will be looking around for your car and listening for honking lol. Also if you are still interest in just "T" emblems you can get custom ones made with colors of your choice from ForceFedFlesh. If you don't want to do that i am also pretty sure you can buy just the "T" emblems seperate from the rest for $10 each i beleive.

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-23-2008 at 09:00 AM.
post #105 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

welcome josh, my name is KG i'm sure we will see you in the spring if you stick around.

SCOTT:
the rails are outlined in green and in the second pic you can see where they lifted the front from either the rail or cross member and i pointed out where you should set the back stands

if your going to take the tires off make sure you stack blocks of wood up so the suspention isnt just hanging.
if you leave your wheels on make sure that you let out about 50% of the air and still put blocks of wood under it. this will keep your tires from getting flat spots and also help stop dryrot (or so i'm told)

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-23-2008 at 12:03 PM.
post #106 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 PM
...Be Envied

ArchAngel916 is just really niceArchAngel916 is just really niceArchAngel916 is just really nice

pppssssst...

Wanna help me out? Unholy is making a calendar for NT.com. Voting is open now for the cover Tib. I am choice #1.

Go Here

<-----Check 'em out----->
post #107 of 2675 Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel916 View Post
pppssssst...

Wanna help me out? Unholy is making a calendar for NT.com. Voting is open now for the cover Tib. I am choice #1.

Go Here
Makes me sad there aren't more sick 07/08 Tiburon out there.

post #108 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
pppssssst...

Go Here
Just voted for ya bud

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
post #109 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 AM

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

wow #13 is ahead?? just goes to show you people will allways vote for the ricest choice when you give them a chance to vote.

that car is 2toned and has fake 3peice rims.........wow

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #110 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 01:50 AM
NewTiburon.com God

ehhhh i wouldn't call his car rice... It's by far one of the nicest tib's on here and didn't he just win something on HIN? Also he got some TV time on the show. As far as who get's the cover that is a tough choice. A lot of those are very nice pic's! However i don't think any of those pic's are cover material.... I think they should do the cover with maybe a lineup of tibs at a meet or something along those lines. All very great photo's and nice tib's though. I just think the cover should be more creative.... Just my opinion though which doesn't matter a whole lot lol

Oh how did they decide on which pic's were going in it? Was there a vote or did Unholy just decide?

post #111 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:10 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

You got my vote Arch. No contest. Just wish you had a 08 Tib lol

post #112 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:20 AM

ehhh i think 2tone looks rice on imports. older mopar cars used 2tone and i think it should stick to just traditional american cars. almost no imports have 2tone unless its like color on top and grey side skirts. (ie 1g crx or AE86) and even those were cars of the 80's.

imho i just feel like 2 tone is for american cars and you can have a cleaner and more orginal car with the paint options avalible now in the 2000+ decade.

idk if any of you local guys have seen but last year i saw an RX-7 with the most beautiful brown paint job. it was just so sick and so OG. this was a FC rx-7 so the color choice was just perfect. if any of you guys were at Quaker earlier in the season last year or year before you probably have seen the one i'm talking about.

i would defiantly change my cars color if it was something i could afford. maybe like what they use on the 997 911.

that would just be sexy as **** on my car; but a full color change like how i would do would set me back about 5-6k but i can allways dream i guess...

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-24-2008 at 02:27 AM.
post #113 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

I see what you guys are talking about. Look at the reflections in the body. They don't match the surroundings. You can see trees and blue sky in the hood/ front lip. Plus the lighting is way off. It just looks cheesy. A lit up car in a dark warehouse. Not to mention the grass in the passenger window. Who taught them how to use photoshop?

post #114 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 AM
NewTiburon.com God

KG i have a good friend that paints! He is a head painter at macco but does much better quality on side jobs. He stills uses macco's supplies and booth though. He would probably do a full color change on your's for $1500 and for jams and all that probably in the $2200 area. Hang on and i will post some pics of same cars he did. Mostly probes because that is what he is more so "known" for doing. But he has painted vipers, a 800whp Rx7, bikes, etc.

post #115 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Ghost stripes

there is a TON more to, but those should give you an idea. He lives off of morse road by easton also. Just incase you would be interested or anyone else. If you wanna PM me with exactly what you want done i can get a quote from him.

post #116 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:40 AM
...Be Envied

ArchAngel916 is just really niceArchAngel916 is just really niceArchAngel916 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibbyTurnedTuscani View Post
Just voted for ya bud
I knew I liked you Ohio guys for a reason.

BTW, I saw in another thread you were looking for a rear lip kit. Are you still interested in my Zefiro rear? I will be taking it off for sure this spring. I just have to figure out how to get it to you, but yeah....

post #117 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 AM
NewTiburon.com God

AJD 4 ND will become famous soon enough

Quote:

BTW, I saw in another thread you were looking for a rear lip kit. Are you still interested in my Zefiro rear? I will be taking it off for sure this spring. I just have to figure out how to get it to you, but yeah....
no he's not interested he already stated for me I wasnt interested in his hood I was looking at getting so he cant be interested in basically the same rear i'll have ...

you know im just playing scott

Pictures and Mod List

post #118 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 AM
...Be Envied

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD 4 ND View Post
no he's not interested he already stated for me I wasnt interested in his hood I was looking at getting so he cant be interested in basically the same rear i'll have ...

you know im just playing scott
lol

Zefiro Ronda and GT look nothing alike, though. So it's all good.

post #119 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
ehhhh i wouldn't call his car rice... It's by far one of the nicest tib's on here and didn't he just win something on HIN? Also he got some TV time on the show. As far as who get's the cover that is a tough choice. A lot of those are very nice pic's! However i don't think any of those pic's are cover material.... I think they should do the cover with maybe a lineup of tibs at a meet or something along those lines. All very great photo's and nice tib's though. I just think the cover should be more creative.... Just my opinion though which doesn't matter a whole lot lol

Oh how did they decide on which pic's were going in it? Was there a vote or did Unholy just decide?
i'll have to agree with the bolded font above lol ^^^ and im not going to burn any bridges voting one way or another considering the poll results are public which I also dont agree with

Pictures and Mod List

post #120 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:52 AM

garret i voted for ya too bud, yours was honestly the cleanest one that wasnt stock looking.

and good looks 04tibGT but any paint job i'm intrest in having on the car costs AT LEAST 3k. if its anything cheaper i'm just not intrested in that sort of work. i feel like in say 5 years time i would have been better off leaving the stock paint then going to a cheap paint job. and when i do go to paint it in the future i'm going to use bed liner/undercoat on the bay and jams so they NEVER rust. and do the outside up in something sexy like that brown or maybe a diffrent blue color or possibly a grey color like brandons car. has to be something unique and out side the box, cant do what all these other guys are doing with lamboesque paint jobs or crazy 2 tones.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-24-2008 at 02:58 AM.
post #121 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 02:53 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
lol

Zefiro Ronda and GT look nothing alike, though. So it's all good.
ya your right... I guess my mind is slipping a bit haha

Pictures and Mod List

post #122 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 AM

so i been thinking about buying this 1g DSM to beat around in but it needs a clutch like now....i really dont wanna do that kinda work to a beater car...but it is only 600 and i could probably get a clutch in the car for around 300 if a pay a friend or 120+gettin my fat *** under the car and fixing it myself

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #123 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 03:43 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
garret i voted for ya too bud, yours was honestly the cleanest one that wasnt stock looking.

and good looks 04tibGT but any paint job i'm intrest in having on the car costs AT LEAST 3k. if its anything cheaper i'm just not intrested in that sort of work. i feel like in say 5 years time i would have been better off leaving the stock paint then going to a cheap paint job. and when i do go to paint it in the future i'm going to use bed liner/undercoat on the bay and jams so they NEVER rust. and do the outside up in something sexy like that brown or maybe a diffrent blue color or possibly a grey color like brandons car. has to be something unique and out side the box, cant do what all these other guys are doing with lamboesque paint jobs or crazy 2 tones.
wait... so your not interested because it's under 3k lol? Every single one of those cars i posted were a differen't color originally. He also wetsand's and buff's the car as well. His prep work is amazing which is the key to a great paint job. Let me know if you end up changing your mind.

post #124 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Hey there Garret.... Yes.... I'm Definately still interested! Don't mind AJ, he's stupid *tellin people things.....sheesh...*

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
post #125 of 2675 Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
wait... so your not interested because it's under 3k lol? Every single one of those cars i posted were a differen't color originally. He also wetsand's and buff's the car as well. His prep work is amazing which is the key to a great paint job. Let me know if you end up changing your mind.

yes the quality of work that i want on my car cost more then 1.5k i'm not intrested in any paint work that only cost a few hundred. all those pics had alright jobs done on them but again noone of them looked as nice as a factory job IMHO.

scott and chad just saw my car at that last meet up and it had fresh paint then, noone knew untill i mentioned it. they only sprayed the fenders.bumper//hood/ 1/2door and that cost around 1.5k and that is no jams, and only 1 color coat, no fixing dents/chips. and then the full factory clear.

so if i cant even get half the car sprayed for 1,.5k and they didnt even spray it to my full satifcation then how can your dude do the full job for around 1.5k

thats nice work and i would use it on a DD or something that really had horrible paint, but for a car that allready looks fine i wouldnt just respray that cheaply.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.