The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread - Page 7 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Re: The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

anyone still interested? I might have some free time.

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 PM
NewTiburon.com God

04TIBURONGT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heratik View Post
anyone still interested? I might have some free time.
ehhh i am getting ready to head to the car wash lol

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TIBURONGT View Post
ehhh i am getting ready to head to the car wash lol
Bah!

post #154 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Bah!
did you have something in mind? I could wait to wash the car.

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #155 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

No, I just thought I'd join in if you guys were already doin' something. No biggie.

post #156 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:34 PM
NewTiburon.com God

who would be interested in a tib vs probe track show down lol.... Any gen tib vs any gen probe.

lol i just got done reading that thread where the SRT4 forum challenged the flordia tib guys to a track day battle. They were kind of D bags about it but i really do think it would be fun. Not so much trash talk because i know a lot of probe guys to lol. We would probably get owned since the ohio tib modding scene isn't the best... but it would still be fun. We can park the tibs and probes together and cook out and stuff.

input?

I think it would be a fair match up.....

post #157 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

memememememememe!

post #158 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
memememememememe!
ok i made a thread on the probe forums! They are either gonna be like sweet! or they are gonna be like GET OUT ! lol. Again we very well may get walked or i think it will be close..... i will update when i get some replies. Also remember the 1st gen probe GT's are tiny and factory boosted lol. Also KLZE swapped probes have 200bhp and like 172btq.... BUT they don't seem to respond to bolt on's as well.

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-27-2008 at 06:44 PM.
post #159 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ok i made a thread on the probe forums! They are either gonna be like sweet! or they are gonna be like GET OUT ! lol. Again we very well may get walked or i think it will be close..... i will update when i get some replies
I will tune, up the boost/get injectors, and pwn.

post #160 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
I will tune, up the boost/get injectors, and pwn.
lol you will probably be the only boosted tib.

crap i need to tell them NO MX3's lol. It's cheating... An Mx3 with a KLZE swap and bolt ons is a 13 sec. car lol

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
post #161 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

shweet. 123

post #162 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

yea i'm bored.... lol

post #163 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 11:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

what track? I won't drag my tin but autos would be cool

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!
post #164 of 2675 Old 12-27-2008, 11:58 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
what track? I won't drag my tin but autos would be cool
national trail raceway... . could do another i guess but that is the track i am most firmiliar with and have been going since i was 7.

I got one guy interested from the probe forums.... he kind of sounds a bit like a ricer and said we better bring our "A game".... Honestly i think the raping will go both ways. Overall they will have a faster car though most likely. But it's an older car so people have had way more time to toy with them. The tib has more potential no doubt.... so we'll see hopefully

post #165 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Likewise with them. I now have a good reason to get all tuned up and pushing as much power as possible by spring. Damn, I should probably look into drag radials or something.

Ugh, that means I'll also have to get the intercooler thing worked out.

EDIT: I checked out the forum post, and I don't think he sounded like a ricer...he just sounded confident in the community, which is cool imo. Good post there by the way, you did a great job of repping both groups by discouraging mudslinging.

Last edited by heratik; 12-28-2008 at 12:18 AM.
post #166 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Likewise with them. I now have a good reason to get all tuned up and pushing as much power as possible by spring. Damn, I should probably look into drag radials or something.

Ugh, that means I'll also have to get the intercooler thing worked out.

EDIT: I checked out the forum post, and I don't think he sounded like a ricer...he just sounded confident in the community, which is cool imo. Good post there by the way, you did a great job of repping both groups by discouraging mudslinging.
it will turn into him being a ricer beleive me. We are going to get a ton of "tiburons are slow and they are girl cars" which are the EXACT same things people say about probes lol. Also he is still a newb so he honestly probably does not know what a probe is capable of.... There is a lot of kill stories about tibs on there which i don't beleive because some stock motor N/A probe guys are saying they destroy v6 tibs with bolt ons. Which i deffinately don't beleive unless i have a N/A freak tib. Because i have raced a KLZE swapped probe, stock motor probe with full bolt ons, and stock for stock raced my other buddies probe. and pretty much destroyed all of them. My friend Kyle's ZE probe would probably walk away from me though in the high end. If my friend JP (white car you saw chad) brings his we are all pretty much done lol. It's a built and stroked KLZE with booooooost. lol

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-28-2008 at 12:31 AM.
post #167 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 12:37 AM
NewTiburon.com God

ehhh one thing i probably should have done is got interest on NT first... because so far it's just chad and i lol.

Another thing i just thought of is a lot of the boosted probe guys probably won't want to come in fear of breaking trannys lol. Probe trannys are extremely WEAK. My friend Kyle's N/A ZE probe with cams and megasquirt will probably be a handful though lol. He did tell me my car pulls very hard for my set up though so who knows. I'm pretty sure he will eat me alive in the high end though lol

post #168 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Dang... I want a challenge with cool people. Grr. Oh well, it'll still be fun I bet. I'm sure Scott will be down too, but you're right...we need more than 3 of us, obviously.

post #169 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Dang... I want a challenge with cool people. Grr. Oh well, it'll still be fun I bet. I'm sure Scott will be down too, but you're right...we need more than 3 of us, obviously.
if it came down to autox we would get destroyed for sure lol. My probe handled WAY better then my tib. Tib is faster and looks better though IMO.

post #170 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 01:04 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

well i can tell you that my tib if i drive it well could possibly run a mid 15sec BUT i do have a pretty heavy system in the car and its not the sort of thing you can easily remove. what kind of times to I/H/E probes with stock motor run??

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!
post #171 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 01:21 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
well i can tell you that my tib if i drive it well could possibly run a mid 15sec BUT i do have a pretty heavy system in the car and its not the sort of thing you can easily remove. what kind of times to I/H/E probes with stock motor run??
umm i would say low 16's-low 15's depending on the mods. A highly bolted stock motor probe would probably run 15.1's at best.... A KLZE (Jspec motor) with full bolt on's will run around the mid- high 14's and if they have megasquirt probably low low 14's.... These are 5sp's by the way. Auto's are much slower naturally. The 4cy. probe SE and base model are slow and probably run mid-high 17's if not slower lol.

As far as first gen probes (boxier ones) the GT's are factory turbo'd and i beleive run mid- low 15's on stock boost. I ran a 15.1 with a terrible terrible terrible 60' foot and i have beat every probe i have raced SO far including one ZE. The only motor to motor probe i am worried about is Kyle's that white probe you seen lol. He's a good friend of mine. I know he ran a 14.5 before the megasquirt and cams lol......

post #172 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
The only motor to motor probe i am worried about is Kyle's that white probe you seen lol. He's a good friend of mine. I know he ran a 14.5 before the megasquirt and cams lol......
Yikes! I GOTTA run this guy!

post #173 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i had to get a new battery to. Funny thing is i had a $110 advance titanium battery with like 1000 cold cranking amps from my probe. Well it sat so long the 2 of the cells wen't bad so i took it to advance and since i am so cool with the guys up there i got a brand new one for free

how is the weather looking for the next few days? Maybe we can get something together sometime?
It was my wifes birthday yesterday. But today I'm cleaning up the Tib and I would be up for a mini meet. Just give me a pm and I will be there.

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
post #174 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Vind is infamous around these parts

I'm a V6 5 speed stock. He was a mid to late 90's Civic and I couldn't tell the color. A decent looking body kit too. Not an SI. He must have been toying with me or running low boost because he had balls to pull, but not enough to pull away. Yeah we need a mini meet soon. I'm dying to see some of your boosted Tibs.

2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
post #175 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 AM
NewTiburon.com God

ehhhh heratik is the only boosted tib around here and it's a newly boosted tib lol. I think i may hold the record for 2nd fastest? yes? no? Maybe someone could lie and say i am anyway to make me feel good lol

i would be down for cleaning up the cars tomorrow depending on weather. I didn't get to it today. Do you know where the wendys is on main street? There is a car wash next to it and it is usually the one i go to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.