The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread - Page 8 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #176 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:15 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vind is infamous around these parts
Re: The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

Before I clean up my Tib this morning( I never sleep anymore) I was planning on taking my badges off. They are really aggravating me for some reason. I want to take the Hyundai H's off and paint em black. Do you guys think the original adhesive would work if I just use my heat gun to reapply them?

I'm going to rough them up with some fine grit sandpaper and put apply few coats of high gloss black, or a dark gray. It should be warm enough tomorrow for them to dry nicely.

I looked around at the Tuscani badges and I'm just not that impressed at the cost of having them customized by someone else. So until I find the time to order some and modify them myself, the black H will have to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #177 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:17 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TIBURONGT View Post
ehhhh heratik is the only boosted tib around here and it's a newly boosted tib lol. I think i may hold the record for 2nd fastest? yes? no? Maybe someone could lie and say i am anyway to make me feel good lol

i would be down for cleaning up the cars tomorrow depending on weather. I didn't get to it today. Do you know where the wendys is on main street? There is a car wash next to it and it is usually the one i go to.
Hmm... yeah I think I know where it is. Down the street from where Schottensteins used to be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Tiburon GT V6 5speed(Show) / Injen CAI / Ark Short Throw Shifter/ SSA Headers / Highflow Cat / Custom Single Cat Back / Hana body kit / 1987 5.0 Mustang Fast Back 5speed(Go)/ Custom Intake / Magnaflow Headers / Straight Pipes / Getting ready for boost!/ Slicks / Gutted with Megan racing seats/ All cars black, low, and loud.
post #178 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:21 AM
NewTiburon.com God

04TIBURONGT will become famous soon enough

yes, do you know where that speedway is by shottinstiens? It's brice road RIGHT next to speedway. That is the backway to where i live. It's right by there

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-28-2008 at 03:23 AM.

post #179 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Bah! Too much work and I don't want to drive around with holes in my car until the badges are cured enough to put them back on the car. I will just buy some damn Tuscani badges lol. Tomorrow will be a high of 45 and no precipitation. A little bit colder than I thought it was going to be, but it beats what we had last week. I'm up for whatever. All my responsibilities have been taken care of lol.

post #180 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Yeah the Wendy's across from the Marathon gas station. I know where you are at now. Modern technology.... never ceases.

Last edited by Vind; 12-28-2008 at 03:47 AM.
post #181 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

Let me know when you guys are getting together. I've gotta take a kid back to Xenia and I've got some work (what's new), but I can probably work something out to stop out your way for a few. PM me.

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.
post #182 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TIBURONGT View Post
ehhhh heratik is the only boosted tib around here and it's a newly boosted tib lol. I think i may hold the record for 2nd fastest? yes? no? Maybe someone could lie and say i am anyway to make me feel good lol
well i've never run with you but im going to say that Lambotib is faster then you, he has similar mods + fuel tuning and at highway speeds he is pretty damn fast. i cant give him a run for his money till we start going damn fast.

we should definatly run sometime for fun

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!
post #183 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
NewTiburon.com God

a fuel tuner is not going to do much... maybe 5whp i wouldn't say much more. One of my buddies probes messed around with your boy lambo tibby. I was with my friend you he also had a passenger. It was just 1st and 2nd and they were dead even. I can put 2 cars on that same probe by the end of 2nd.... untuned and a bad front mount.... My car is useless in 1st though so i like to do rolls. I wheel hop REALLY REALLY bad in 1st gear and don't even move lol

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

post #184 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM
NewTiburon.com God

ehhhh it's not looking to good for us right now.... So far there is going to be 2 v6 probes that will be spraying. 1 KLZE with full bolt ons and will probably have more by then. Then most like my friend with a KLZE and colt cams, bolt ons, and a megasquirt and serious weight reduction which he will probably own all of us. Also there will be a 4cy. probe. So there is 5 of them so far and how many of us? 3 maybe? lol

post #185 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

yea i'm just not much for the draging. but i can tell you the spray cars would have to disconnect them. it woudnt even be a race if they were because noone on here has spray that i know of anyhow

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #186 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
yea i'm just not much for the draging. but i can tell you the spray cars would have to disconnect them. it woudnt even be a race if they were because noone on here has spray that i know of anyhow
well if they are running low 16's and mid 15's i could probably have a chance depending on the shot and chad would also if he gets a good tune. Hopefully they are small shots. I thought about spraying the tib but it's just to risky.... exspecially on a DD. So KG and chad you guys are most likely down?

anyone wanna buy my upper and lower billet grill lol

post #187 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM

i cant man it takes too much to take the stereo out of the car. thats a straight mission in itself, would take at least a few hours to take it out and thats not including the heavy *** amps. which is almost another 80-100lbs

i would need all of that stuff out to run a mid-high 15. but if it was out i could do it 100% i just have to work on launching

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-28-2008 at 07:55 PM.
post #188 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
NewTiburon.com God

yea i understand man. I am not the best at launching either and my car doesn't like to hook up. Probably a lot of the stock tires causing this to. I know if i got a good launch i could at least run a 14.6ish

post #189 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 PM

CaliTiburon

anyone wanna buy my upper and lower billet grill lol[/QUOTE]

anything wrong with it?? how much?
post #190 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTiburon View Post
anyone wanna buy my upper and lower billet grill lol

anything wrong with it?? how much?[/QUOTE]

nope it's in perfect condition. I think i just wanna go another route and i want a 360 because i sold my old one lol. There are pics in the for sale section in the thread i made. I would like to get $90 for it picked up since i paid $130 shipped.

post #191 of 2675 Old 12-28-2008, 11:45 PM

man i might just go after all it sounds like it might be fun and i could get some help taking it out for the day. wont be the amps but even just the speaker boxes out helps alot. plus i just got some lightweight wheels for christmas and i have a nice set of NeoGens ready to rock. we should do it early spring so we can get some reasonably cold weather.

i'll ask lambo if hes down. most likely he is i know he just got his kit painted and a new stereo installed at my shop.

but then if its fixed i could allways bring out the 1.1L and give you guys bout 5-6 cars.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-28-2008 at 11:46 PM.
post #192 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 12:42 AM
NewTiburon.com God

haha sounds good man.

1.1L ? what is it in? Bike.... lol

post #193 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 01:03 AM

yea 1100 KAW its a touring bike but it will get up and go.

cruise in the tib ~80
cruise on the kaw ~100 (you can one hand up till 90ish then it just dosent feel safe)

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-29-2008 at 01:05 AM.
post #194 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 01:31 AM
NewTiburon.com God

you can run my stepdads bike

post #195 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

Very cool!

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.
post #196 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 02:36 AM
NewTiburon.com God

AJD 4 ND will become famous soon enough

damn KG, thats a nice bike... I want one so bad but my dad would take a shotgun to my head if I ever got one

Pictures and Mod List

post #197 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 11:34 AM

man its stupid fun, i had a brand new GTO come and try to race with me. i let him get to about 110 and look over and yawned at him. then i droped for about 3 gears and walked him... HARD. he was so pissed and i kept letting him get close enough to see me laugh at him and i would drop for gears and leave.

BUT all that messing around on a older bike has a price...(internal engine rebuild before i can ride it again)
good times though and over the winter 3 more people i know got bikes so when spring comes around its gonna be bike gang time!
[IMG][/IMG]

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-29-2008 at 11:36 AM.
post #198 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

yea bikes against cars are no fun lol. My stepdad has a dragbike. It's a KZ1000 body with a 1400cc built motor and air shifter, swing arm, 9" tire, header, and a BOUNCH of goodies lol. It run's mid 8's with half a second throttle stop on motor no spray lol

your a brave man riding in shorts though lol. If you ever lay it down say hello to road rash haha. I would like to get a ninja 600r but i can't until i get the tib close to paid off. I got mad hook up's on bikes to which kind of sucks since i don't have one lol.

Last edited by 04TIBURONGT; 12-29-2008 at 12:51 PM.
post #199 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 04:15 PM

TheRoss

Sup CO People!

The owner of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0! CHEA
post #200 of 2675 Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 PM

^^where you been stranger?? i aint heard or seen ya in awhile?? did your situation at work ever work itself out??

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.