The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread - Page 9 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #201 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AJD 4 ND will become famous soon enough
Re: The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

after typing this whole thing, realized I rambled on for way to damn long... to make a long story short, drove the tib for the first time in way to long, loved every moment of it, until night came and the car got all frosty haha... read on if you want too many details haha

well guys, took the tib for a spin today for the first time in over a month (weather was decent and she needed to be taken out)... Installed my red top battery and started her up (which was past due)... turned the key and she started up like new... it was better than christmas, no joke... took her for a spin... prob. drover her for about an hour total, yes I was super siked to drive er and it was nice again for everyone to look at her when stopped at a light (havent had that in way too long)... then I decided to keep her out for the night and drive it to my gf's house... mistake... its around 1 and my dumbass forgot it is winter and it atleast gets cold at night, even tho it was warm earlier... so obv. theres frost all over my damn car... I dont have a scraper, cus I never drive the damn thing in the winter or anytime its anywhere near cold, so I used my sleeves... ya, may I mention my brand new $75 warm up top I got for christmas... lol trust me, its all I had and it was cold out... so I finally clear the front window, open the door, start er up, and all the sudden my damn door fell and hit my leg... wtf, it was so cold my struts werent holding the door up.... closed the door and drove home... then, i hadnt used my garage door opener in so long that for some reason it didnt work, kinda pissed me off but no biggy.... but all this was occuring while I was trying to make curfew (yes i'm still 12)... needless to say, I prob. shoulda never taken her out although it seriously felt like the first day I drove her... not that anyone cares, but just thought i'd mention that I took her for a spin and loved almost every moment of it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures and Mod List

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD 4 ND View Post
... but all this was occuring while I was trying to make curfew (yes i'm still 12)...
That was slick, and a major rofl moment...you are so used to the drill by now. Seriously though, are you eternally 17 or something?! I swear it seems like it's been years.

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.
post #203 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

the cold can do weird things to oils so thats why your hydrolic was acting up. you might want to check it when its a lil warmer but if not you need to send it back.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
3200watt Audiobahn Sub Amp - 2400watt Audiobahn 4channel Amp
RD = OG remember that kids!

post #204 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimoprime View Post
the cold can do weird things to oils so thats why your hydrolic was acting up. you might want to check it when its a lil warmer but if not you need to send it back.
ya i'm not too worried about it, I ordered all new struts a few weeks ago so those will be installed come closer to summer time

Pictures and Mod List

post #205 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by heratik View Post
That was slick, and a major rofl moment...you are so used to the drill by now. Seriously though, are you eternally 17 or something?! I swear it seems like it's been years.
so wth are you asking me? I guess your asking when do I turn 18? if thats the case, in about a month and a half... mid February

Pictures and Mod List

post #206 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)

It's gonna suck when you turn 18 because we can't pick on you anymore. ...oh wait, yes we can, because you'll still be in HS.

post #207 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
It's gonna suck when you turn 18 because we can't pick on you anymore. ...oh wait, yes we can, because you'll still be in HS.
and its not like once I turn 18 im going to actually all the sudden look 18 haha I think im always going to look about 5 years younger than I actually am... but its all good, i'll just be I.D.ed until i'm about 65

Pictures and Mod List

post #208 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 12:22 PM

optimoprime will become famous soon enoughoptimoprime will become famous soon enough

well when your 18 at least you can get into a bar. i remeber getting drunk as hell when i was underage. because all the 18+ bars are just underage drinkin spots

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #209 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM
NewTiburon.com God

hey chad, check out 2scani's turbo set-up... im sure you've seen it but he made a new thread and he might be producing it... its a pretty sick set-up... check it out and let me know your thoughts

Pictures and Mod List

post #210 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

hawt. I haven't had a chance to review it in depth yet, but it sounds like a great middle ground between duffer's budget kit and the stealth kit, as long as good parts (not necessarily top shelf) are used. I think it has a place in the market. Of course, the fabrication, part choice, and final cost prevents me from making a final judgement on it yet, so when he gets back with more info, I'll probably throw in my $.02. You looking at something like that?

post #211 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
hawt. I haven't had a chance to review it in depth yet, but it sounds like a great middle ground between duffer's budget kit and the stealth kit, as long as good parts (not necessarily top shelf) are used. I think it has a place in the market. Of course, the fabrication, part choice, and final cost prevents me from making a final judgement on it yet, so when he gets back with more info, I'll probably throw in my $.02. You looking at something like that?
ahh who knows what I want... I dont know **** about boost period, and if I go turbo I need to learn a **** ton (which i'm not sure if I want to) but turbo is the way i'd prefer to go with a loud *** obnoxious blow-off valve... but only time will tell if im stupid enough to jump into purchasing a turbo... I would love to go that route but im not a motor head

Pictures and Mod List

post #212 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM

^^^
maximum Boost by Corky Bell

its the first turbo part anyone should get.

read it through, then ask questions then read it again. that will at least get you to the point where you know how it works and concept behind the system.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.
post #213 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
^^^
maximum Boost by Corky Bell

its the first turbo part anyone should get.

read it through, then ask questions then read it again
i'll have to check it out... if I start to consider the turbo a bit more i'll be reading my *** off... sadly

Pictures and Mod List

post #214 of 2675 Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM

TheRoss

Burp!!! Ooops! My Bad!

The owner of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0! CHEA
post #215 of 2675 Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM

so i only got 2 gifts for christmas so i bought myself something nice. figured i would let you guys get a sneak peak

i've ALWAYS wanted gold rims just took a minute to have EXTRA cash to get them.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #216 of 2675 Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
NewTiburon.com God

damn KG!!! those are SICK!

Pictures and Mod List

post #217 of 2675 Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 PM

on the blue car they will SNAP. and i got a set of 95% tread NEOGEN's for 100bucks to slap on there. they stil have the lil nipples on the side and the colored lines around the tire in the tread, the guy used em for 5 track sessions and took em off. they are NICE

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #218 of 2675 Old 12-31-2008, 03:35 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
on the blue car they will SNAP. and i got a set of 95% tread NEOGEN's for 100bucks to slap on there. they stil have the lil nipples on the side and the colored lines around the tire in the tread, the guy used em for 5 track sessions and took em off. they are NICE
thats awesome man! ya they'll look great on the blue car!

Pictures and Mod List

post #219 of 2675 Old 12-31-2008, 03:40 PM

as far as looks go i'm done on the outside i'll proably just keep switching rims from here on out. i might get some kind of lip but it would have to be stock height.

plans from here are to just keep maintenance up and maybe some time re-do the stereo setup for a new look. i was thinking about doing cams or something but really i'll probably just put that same money into the bike and just keep the tib running real good mechanically.

feels good to be able to see the end of the project, its been just over 3 years now.

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd

Last edited by optimoprime; 12-31-2008 at 03:43 PM.
post #220 of 2675 Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

docshaun

Figured I might as well start posting in here to learn people's names/cars, lol. Will be home in about a month and a half. Can't wait. Def will miss the SoCal weather, but def won't miss the traffic and the people. Also def not lookin forward to the 32 hour drive back home.

How long will she last this time??

Current Mods:
NGM Full Race Shortblock, NGM Sniper supercharger stage 2, NGM 70 mm throttle body, custom intercooler setup, AFC Neo, Zeitronix Wideband, Injen Intake, Injen SES exhaust, Weapon R Engine Damper, SFR poly motor mounts, RRM Front strut bar, THE FIRST Zefiro Chaos limited edition CF hood, Black euro tails.
240 and 206 to the wheels
post #221 of 2675 Old 01-01-2009, 01:27 PM

^^sup man i'm KG nice to meet ya. i'm sure you will get to meet everyone as soon as your home. if the weather breaks early we might get together as soon as march/april

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #222 of 2675 Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus

Ryloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD 4 ND View Post
damn KG, thats a nice bike... I want one so bad but my dad would take a shotgun to my head if I ever got one
Thats why you don't tell them about it but since your under 18 I'm guessing thats not an option. I got both my bikes and my boat without telling them, granted I don't with either but I didn't want to get talked out of anything.

I love my bike though, great gas milege all the while going 70 mph in first running 15,500 rpm. YAY!

Site Retired - Hownministrator Syndicate

I am no longer on Staff, please do not PM me with site related issues.
post #223 of 2675 Old 01-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Noone Is Posting Aaarrggg!!!

2001 RD2 Tiburon 5spd
post #224 of 2675 Old 01-04-2009, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

I just posted a bunch 'o stuff for sale. That's all I have to talk about really. Work work work as usual for me.

Headlights, Tails, and Stock Stuff

post #225 of 2675 Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

So I looked at your for sale thread... why getting rid of the 03-04 lights? Do you have new 05/06's now?

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ohio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.