The Official WEST VIRGINIA Thread - Page 10 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #226 of 657 Old 01-29-2005, 09:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OFFICIAL West Virginia MEMBER Thread

Hey Tim, there is a '90 Eclipse GSX in the Bulletin Board for $100!!!

Says it has a bad head. Doesn't say mileage, but says its an auto, great body, but no title.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

N/A Dyno #'s & Track time
150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 657 Old 01-30-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

damn that is a good deal if that is all that is wrong with it.

Well I decided that a supercharger would be best even though it is expensive. I guess I will sell one of my bikes and use that money for the supercharger in the spring. Thanks for the advice you guys!

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp
post #228 of 657 Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotoman
damn that is a good deal if that is all that is wrong with it.

Well I decided that a supercharger would be best even though it is expensive. I guess I will sell one of my bikes and use that money for the supercharger in the spring. Thanks for the advice you guys!
Oh, I was telling you about that for your cousin (you did say he was looking for a GSX/TSi, right?).

What SC do you plan to get?

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you......could you find out the "regular" price on dyno tuning at the shop you dynoed at? I saw the rate you got was a special ended in December I think.

If its cheaper than the one in Washington, it might be worth the longer drive.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

post #229 of 657 Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Could you email my couzin the info on that awd talon? jeffery53@hotmail.com

I probibly will get the stage 0 alpine unless someone has the stage 1 on here for sale cheap.

The regular price for their dyno is:

new pricing
1 run $45
1/2 hour $65
1 hour $95

They may give you a discount since you are traveling so far. He let me on the dyno for around an hour for $50. I did 8 runs. I will be there this saturday to get my headers installed. He may not have time to dyno me he said so do you think I should just get on the dyno to see what the stage 3 gave me then go back in a few weeks and get the headers installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey
Oh, I was telling you about that for your cousin (you did say he was looking for a GSX/TSi, right?).

What SC do you plan to get?

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you......could you find out the "regular" price on dyno tuning at the shop you dynoed at? I saw the rate you got was a special ended in December I think.

If its cheaper than the one in Washington, it might be worth the longer drive.

post #230 of 657 Old 02-03-2005, 12:33 PM

sharkbitten03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which headers you go with Photo? I am planning on getting SSAutochrome maybe in March.

What you guys think of this.
I am planning on detailing my engine bay for shows.
I think I will keep the outer engine covers and paint them silver. And then paint or powdercoat the valve covers gloss black or blue. I will probably also do the upper IM. Do you think that the covers in silver will look good? What about the covers and IM black or blue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs

Last edited by sharkbitten03; 02-03-2005 at 12:36 PM.
post #231 of 657 Old 02-03-2005, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

i got the ssa headers. may have them installed this saturday. hopefully i can get a dyno before and after the headers.

look in the engine bay thread, someone there painted their valve covers with aluminum paint and they look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbitten03
Which headers you go with Photo? I am planning on getting SSAutochrome maybe in March.

What you guys think of this.
I am planning on detailing my engine bay for shows.
I think I will keep the outer engine covers and paint them silver. And then paint or powdercoat the valve covers gloss black or blue. I will probably also do the upper IM. Do you think that the covers in silver will look good? What about the covers and IM black or blue.

post #232 of 657 Old 02-04-2005, 06:45 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

givit35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I am no longer a West Virginia Tib owner..Yeh i sold it..I started a thread in "General Discussion' thankin everyone and what my future plans are.....Tim i'd still want to see your Tib in person one day. Think it's one of the best on here..Anyway have a good one ya'll!!!
post #233 of 657 Old 02-04-2005, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Could you email my couzin the info on that awd talon? jeffery53@hotmail.com

I probibly will get the stage 0 alpine unless someone has the stage 1 on here for sale cheap.

The regular price for their dyno is:

new pricing
1 run $45
1/2 hour $65
1 hour $95

They may give you a discount since you are traveling so far. He let me on the dyno for around an hour for $50. I did 8 runs. I will be there this saturday to get my headers installed. He may not have time to dyno me he said so do you think I should just get on the dyno to see what the stage 3 gave me then go back in a few weeks and get the headers installed?

Well, the Talon I saw was on e-bay and the GSX was in the Bulletin Board. The Eclipse GSX is in Rivesville, which I believe is pretty much between Mo-town and Fairmont. Its '90 with a bad head, its an auto, burgandy, says great body, and not title, $100. (304) 278-5810

Well, if it were me, I would try to get a dyno done before they install the headers and then another one after. If I could have done that, I would have, but I didn't find the dyno shop in time...lol.

Also, I would probably save up a little more and get the stage1 Alpine.

Oh, sorry its taken me so long to post again, but work is killing me!

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #234 of 657 Old 02-04-2005, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hey I will give you a call next time I am at Rocket Center and may be we can meet up with Dopey and go eat at the Outback or the Boston Beanery.

I hated to see you sell your car, it looked amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by givit35
Hey guys, I am no longer a West Virginia Tib owner..Yeh i sold it..I started a thread in "General Discussion' thankin everyone and what my future plans are.....Tim i'd still want to see your Tib in person one day. Think it's one of the best on here..Anyway have a good one ya'll!!!

post #235 of 657 Old 02-04-2005, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the update. Work has been crazy for me too!

Quote:
Well, the Talon I saw was on e-bay and the GSX was in the Bulletin Board. The Eclipse GSX is in Rivesville, which I believe is pretty much between Mo-town and Fairmont. Its '90 with a bad head, its an auto, burgandy, says great body, and not title, $100. (304) 278-5810

Well, if it were me, I would try to get a dyno done before they install the headers and then another one after. If I could have done that, I would have, but I didn't find the dyno shop in time...lol.

Also, I would probably save up a little more and get the stage1 Alpine.

Oh, sorry its taken me so long to post again, but work is killing me!

post #236 of 657 Old 02-04-2005, 10:10 PM

WORK SUCKS.......

We all need to get together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
post #237 of 657 Old 02-05-2005, 08:13 PM

Pittsburgh Raceway Park is opeing up April 16th! Get ready for a fun summer guys!

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #238 of 657 Old 02-06-2005, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

My headers are installed! I will get the high flow cat on in a few days, the race pipe makes kind of a metalic rattle noise at idle. Damn what a difference those headers made! Friday I developed a vaccum leak in 2 of my injectors! They had to replace the O rings on them and all is fine now. They blew my 120 volt alternator fuse yesterday doing the install but I replaced it and it is fine. They could not get the starter heat sheild back on, do you think that will be a problem? When I get my cat welded on I will see if they can cut the sheild to fit then

post #239 of 657 Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 AM

Quote:
My headers are installed! I will get the high flow cat on in a few days, the race pipe makes kind of a metalic rattle noise at idle. Damn what a difference those headers made! Friday I developed a vaccum leak in 2 of my injectors! They had to replace the O rings on them and all is fine now. They blew my 120 volt alternator fuse yesterday doing the install but I replaced it and it is fine. They could not get the starter heat sheild back on, do you think that will be a problem? When I get my cat welded on I will see if they can cut the sheild to fit then
I think some other people bent or dented the heat sheild for that. I don't know, they did something to get it on. May want to try searching.

At the rate I'm going, I think I'll have enough for a SC in a couple months. But when I do that I also want to go ahead and replace the lower IM, spark plugs & wires, while I've got the upper IM off. I would also like to have the fuel tuner. That stuff will basically give me the stage 2 kit without the FPR and the smaller pulley. So I'm thinking about just waiting a little longer and just get the stage 2. Since I already have headers, I'll see if T.C. won't throw in motor mounts instead (don't see why he wouldn't they're cheaper than his headers).

Oh, get that thing dynoed and retuned your mafterburner (if needed), so I can see how much I'm going to need to catch up to you again.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #240 of 657 Old 02-07-2005, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I dyno'd before the headers saturday but I had a vaccum leak and was losing fuel on 2 injectorsdue to my o rings being bad so I dynod at 9 hp less than the last time. I did have more torque even with the vaccum leak so i know the stage 3 was working! Just when I decide to get the supercharger I start thinking I shouldn't blow that much money on a car part then I change my mind again and want it again, lol. Now I am thinking I should just take $2k and get a 350z but I have put so much work in the tiburon that I am attached to it now, lol. Chances are I may just get the stage 0 supercharger. Do you think those $20 motor mount inserts would be good enough? what if i had front and back?

post #241 of 657 Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 AM

*sigh* Someday I will be able to mod my tib.....But for now I will just dream.

post #242 of 657 Old 02-09-2005, 05:06 AM

Quote:
I dyno'd before the headers saturday but I had a vaccum leak and was losing fuel on 2 injectorsdue to my o rings being bad so I dynod at 9 hp less than the last time. I did have more torque even with the vaccum leak so i know the stage 3 was working! Just when I decide to get the supercharger I start thinking I shouldn't blow that much money on a car part then I change my mind again and want it again, lol. Now I am thinking I should just take $2k and get a 350z but I have put so much work in the tiburon that I am attached to it now, lol. Chances are I may just get the stage 0 supercharger. Do you think those $20 motor mount inserts would be good enough? what if i had front and back?
Where are you going to get a 350Z for 2k? I want one too! lol. Or are you going to trade the Tib for it?

If you are going to get a SC, I would just go ahead and the stage 1, I don't really think the stage 0 is worth it.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #243 of 657 Old 02-10-2005, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Lol, i was thinking of trading in the tiburon but now that I think about it I do not want higher payments. I will go with the supercharger.

Let me get your opinions on this:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...774#post541774

I am starting to think its just me and also due to the weather. I think I am just paranoid from the injector vaccum leak I had saturday morning, lol. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Quote:
Where are you going to get a 350Z for 2k? I want one too! lol. Or are you going to trade the Tib for it?

If you are going to get a SC, I would just go ahead and the stage 1, I don't really think the stage 0 is worth it.

post #244 of 657 Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Car is running great again, all it ended up being was the vaccum hose came loose on the SRI and the throttle cable was really lose!

post #245 of 657 Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

From the looks of your sig you have quite a bit of mods!

Hey are you still going to the car show in VA? When is it, I would like to go!

Quote:
*sigh* Someday I will be able to mod my tib.....But for now I will just dream.

post #246 of 657 Old 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I have my chrome angel eye headlights and mesh grille installed. I had trouble with one of the angel eyes not working but it seems like it was just a loose wire. They look pretty cool, I am selling my old headlights and tomato eyelines on ebay, they are going cheap if any of you are interested.

post #247 of 657 Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 AM

I am still going to Bristol......Pack up and go Photo...!

WooT

post #248 of 657 Old 02-16-2005, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

When is it? Did you have any trouble finding a decent parking spot the last time you went? I don't have any dings in the car and I want to keep it that way, lol! I think it sounds like a great time and I know several people in the Bristol area we could meet up with.

Quote:
I am still going to Bristol......Pack up and go Photo...!

WooT

post #249 of 657 Old 02-16-2005, 10:31 PM

July 9th 10th and 11th. No problem parking. It is very organized.

post #250 of 657 Old 02-17-2005, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNN!!!!!!

What should we do! Since HARD parts are actually going to happen should we get the alpine, the NGM turbo or wait 6 damn months and get the hard parts turbo or supercharger? i do not know if i can wait that long though!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.