The Official WEST VIRGINIA Thread - Page 3 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 657 Old 09-04-2004, 06:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sharkbitten03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OFFICIAL West Virginia MEMBER Thread

Stupid job.....I will have to work Sat and Sun. My days off just changed to Tue and Wed. If you guys meet up have fun and dont forget us that cant make it. I will keep the WV meet Dream alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 657 Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Hey I will be driving through charleston tomorrow but i have my pt cruiser not my tiburon.

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp
post #53 of 657 Old 09-11-2004, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Did you get your car back Dopey?

post #54 of 657 Old 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM

Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotoman
Did you get your car back Dopey?
Nope. But, I should be getting it back on Monday, unless someone was nice enough to go in today and finish it....lol.

My headers had to be replaced, which is why I didn't get it back yesterday. But from what they told me, the CF hood fit perfectly, and I should get it back Monday.

They told me they didn't want to paint the hood because of the superior quality of the hood. So I didn't have that painted.

A friend of mine who works at the local Hyundai dealer told me he ran a couple suspension parts to the shop for my car. I'm kinda curious as to what had to be replaced on my suspension.

Oh, but the best part is I might get to keep my old headers. If this happens, I might keep them for a spare, or just sell them at a discounted price. For someone who doesn't care too much about what they look like, these could be a good buy for them. As far as I know the rear header and downpipe are still good, and the only thing wrong with the front header is a couple small dents in the tubes. I think there might still be some melted plastic on them too.

Off Topic
-------------
Why in the hell is Marshall's game on TV today and WVU's isn't? I know they're playing Ohio State, but come on, its Marshall! Freakin **** pisses me off!

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

N/A Dyno #'s & Track time
150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

Last edited by Dopey; 09-11-2004 at 05:18 PM.
post #55 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Let me know when it is done. All this comming week and weekend will be crazy for me. I am moving our facility out to the new facility so this is going to be the week from hell. When you get it back maybe we can meet up in Clarksburg. Do you know of any decent places to take pics of cars at up there?

post #56 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 01:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

givit35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Martinsburg W.VA here,up in the panhandle......Just sayin hey!! 03 Tib Gt 6-speed. All appearence mods so far,holdin off on performance cause i want to sell the car.

Last edited by givit35; 09-12-2004 at 01:41 PM.
post #57 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by givit35
Martinsburg W.VA here,up in the panhandle......Just sayin hey!! 03 Tib Gt 6-speed. All appearence mods so far,holdin off on performance cause i want to sell the car.

Hey how far are you from Cumberland, MD? My work takes me there sometimes.

post #58 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 04:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

according to mapquest about 75 miles due east,but you know how mapquest is so give or take a few. Theres been more and more Tibs in my town every day so the cars growin here in da hills!!!
post #59 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Let me know when it is done. All this comming week and weekend will be crazy for me. I am moving our facility out to the new facility so this is going to be the week from hell. When you get it back maybe we can meet up in Clarksburg. Do you know of any decent places to take pics of cars at up there?
Well, it is supposed to be done tomorrow (Monday, 12th). And it better be, because I called off work for it....lol.

I'm not very familiar with Clarksburg at all, but South & Downtown Fairmont I can get by with. And Mo-town, I know a bunch of places.

I haven't gotten a chance to get a hold of your cousin yet, because like you, work has been very hectic. I think the shortest amount of time I worked this week was 8hrs., the rest was between 9-14hrs.

We're going to be putting up a new website, and I've been getting trained, training other people, and trying to do my regular tech work. They want the site up by Oct. 1st, but I don't see it happening. We don't even have our new T1's yet.

On top of all that, my aunt & uncle have come in this week from Michigan.

Anyway, get a hold of me when you can. Don't worry, I'll get plenty of pics of my car tomorrow when I get it.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #60 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

How much louder did your exhaust get when you added the headers? I am anxious to hear your exhaust, that is probibly going to be my next mod if I can find a exhaust that sounds good without being loud.

post #61 of 657 Old 09-12-2004, 10:26 PM

Quote:
How much louder did your exhaust get when you added the headers? I am anxious to hear your exhaust, that is probibly going to be my next mod if I can find a exhaust that sounds good without being loud.
Well, you've seen my movie clips, the inside ones are with my stereo off. If you have the stereo on, you really can't hear it that much at normal speeds. And before my headers, the CAI sound pretty much covered up the exhaust at 3k rpm & up.

That was just 2.25" piping stock cat & manifolds, and magnaflow street series mufflers.

But hopefully you can hear it soon and judge for yourself.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #62 of 657 Old 09-13-2004, 03:33 PM

Well, a little over a month and I'm finally getting my baby back today, in about an hour. I can't freakin wait!!!! I'm not even that excited that I have a CF hood now, I just want my car back....lol.

edit:

I posted some pics in the appearance forum. Got my car & CF Hood today!

Ok, they only replaced my front header. So that means I have a used front header and brand new rear manifold and downpipe for sale. Anyone want here want it? I'm asking you guys first, so that way I might not have to ship it.

Let me know if you want them. I'm not sure on how much I want for them yet, but make me some offers and if it sounds good to me, you can have them.

They retail new for $650. Rear manifold and downpipe are brand new, never used, still wrapped. The front header has some black stuff on it, a couple very small dents, and a tiny nick in the ceramic. Pics of the front header below.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

Last edited by Dopey; 09-13-2004 at 07:54 PM.
post #63 of 657 Old 09-13-2004, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Did you get it back? I sure hope so, I can only imagine how much it sucked going a month without it!

post #64 of 657 Old 09-13-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey
Well, a little over a month and I'm finally getting my baby back today, in about an hour. I can't freakin wait!!!! I'm not even that excited that I have a CF hood now, I just want my car back....lol.

edit:

I posted some pics in the appearance forum. Got my car & CF Hood today!

Ok, they only replaced my front header. So that means I have a used front header and brand new rear manifold and downpipe for sale. Anyone want here want it? I'm asking you guys first, so that way I might not have to ship it.

Let me know if you want them. I'm not sure on how much I want for them yet, but make me some offers and if it sounds good to me, you can have them.

They retail new for $650. Rear manifold and downpipe are brand new, never used, still wrapped. The front header has some black stuff on it, a couple very small dents, and a tiny nick in the ceramic. Pics of the front header below.
Glad you finally got it back, does it drive okay? "I would go over it with a fine tooth comb" during the next few days to make sure everything is perfect and if it is not I would make them fix it. Did they repaint your entire car? I wish I didn't have to work this weekend so I could come and see it.

post #65 of 657 Old 09-13-2004, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Glad you finally got it back, does it drive okay? "I would go over it with a fine tooth comb" during the next few days to make sure everything is perfect and if it is not I would make them fix it. Did they repaint your entire car? I wish I didn't have to work this weekend so I could come and see it.
It feels better now than before I got hit! Feels like there is more power too. Or maybe its just because I've been driving that rental for a month....lol. My exhaust sounds deeper than it did before too.

You have to work this weekend? That sucks! We're playing Maryland Sat.! Hope you at least get to watch the game.

I'm going to try to get people together for a dyno day here pretty soon. Let me know if you want in.

Oh, if any of you are interested in those headers, let me know by Thursday. I'll be making a post in the "For Sale" forum on Friday if I haven't heard from anyone.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

Last edited by Dopey; 09-13-2004 at 10:40 PM.
post #66 of 657 Old 09-15-2004, 06:03 PM

What exactly is wrong with the heades?? How much you looking to get out of them?? Hook a fellow West Virginian up bro...lol Let me know...By the way It looks great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
post #67 of 657 Old 09-15-2004, 06:05 PM

I just saw the post about the Headers...duh. Anyone know if these could be polished or something...? How much??

post #68 of 657 Old 09-16-2004, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hey Dopey, have you ever heard the borla exhaust in person? How loud is it? I may get one.

post #69 of 657 Old 09-16-2004, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Anyone here want to buy my new 5 piece metal vent ring set?!

post #70 of 657 Old 09-16-2004, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Anyone here want to buy my new 5 piece metal vent ring set?!
How much??

post #71 of 657 Old 09-16-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Here is the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MESE:IT

post #72 of 657 Old 09-17-2004, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Hey Dopey, have you ever heard the borla exhaust in person? How loud is it? I may get one.
Nope, I haven't heard it in person. Just the clips on here. I'm sure it sounds pretty good. Hell, for what you pay for it, it should.

I myself, would rather go custom and save the money though.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #73 of 657 Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I am going to get either a powdercoated Stage III intake manifold or an exhaust, which should I go for first?

post #74 of 657 Old 09-20-2004, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I am going to get either a powdercoated Stage III intake manifold or an exhaust, which should I go for first?
Well, I would probably get a custom catback, then save another $300 and then get the IMs. But if you are ever going to get the Alpine SC, I wouldn't get the IMs.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #75 of 657 Old 09-22-2004, 11:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

More and more Tibs i see in W.VA. I'm liking it specially if we can line them all up and cruise down to Fredericks golden mile!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.