The Official WEST VIRGINIA Thread - Page 8 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #176 of 657 Old 12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sharkbitten03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OFFICIAL West Virginia MEMBER Thread

Ne headers yet.......I really like the sills they stand out alot more than I would have imagined

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #177 of 657 Old 12-27-2004, 10:31 PM

Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, guys, need your opinions. I've got 4 things that I could be getting here pretty soon and need some help choosing.

1) Fuel Tuner for the Tib -- pretuned I think is $400
2) New home computer -- Probably anywhere from $600-900
3) '84 300zx anniversary edition (3.0l V6 turbo/RWD), 90k miles, digital dash doesn't work and needs minimal bodywork. -- about $600
4) Dodge Omni GLH (2.2l I4 turbo/FWD), 110k miles, needs head gasket & fuel pump, minimal body work. -- $300

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

N/A Dyno #'s & Track time
150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #178 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 12:30 PM

GO for the Z.........2nd would be Fuel tuner. IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs

post #179 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 12:31 PM

Holy crap...8 Pages. Go West Virginia thread.

post #180 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbitten03
Holy crap...8 Pages. Go West Virginia thread.
Yeah, but if you look, there's only like 4 or 5 of us posting in here...lol.

You say get the Z huh? I've been thinking about it, but the Omni is lighter and I might be able to find a '91-'92 Dodge Spirit engine which made 225hp & 218ft.-lbs.

I don't know though. Its getting to be a tough choice.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #181 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 07:10 PM

I have seen a few Omni's at the track before....Definate sleepers. Shelby made plenty parts that were for Shadows and that other K car I cant think of right now. Also check out Forward Motion. They make parts for FWD Mopars and they sell plenty of Turbo parts. I will try and find the link.

post #182 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

My friend used to have an omni glh, talk about a fun car! You can really make some ricers cry in that thing. It does not take a lot to make them fast as hell and they are light too. I think you could have a blast with that thing!

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp
post #183 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 08:44 PM

WHat he said.......Here is a pic of my 1990 DOdge Shadow

Swapped a V6 from a duster.....Forward motion headers and cold air intake. It ran 15.2's all day..Auto by the way

The civic is my Wifes.....It has seen some changes since then.

post #184 of 657 Old 12-28-2004, 11:48 PM

Nice Shadow. Yeah, Shelby made an Omni, Charger, Shadow, and Daytona. I can't remember if he made a Lancer, but something tells me he didn't.

Well, I just read last night about the '91-'92 Spirit R/T's. 224hp & 218ft.-lbs from that 2.2l turbo. In a 4dr sedan. The origional SRT-4? lol.

Was thinking that if I could find one of those engines and put in the Omni, that would be great, cause I hear the stock turbo is only good for 7psi. I'm pretty sure the Z's turbo is good for more than 10, but the fuel system needs upgraded slightly to go past 10psi. But I guess a lot of people are running low 14's with them at 10psi. And the Z does weigh 32xx lbs. Was also thinking of swapping in a chevy 350 (330hp & 380ft.-lbs). That engine from Summit Racing is only $2,395.95!

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #185 of 657 Old 01-03-2005, 09:50 PM

ANyone.....

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29508

post #186 of 657 Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

waltzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

what up all...been meanin to get to postin in tha DuB-V forum...just keep puttin it off...i'm from mo'town...just droppin a line...i'll check back later.
post #187 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 AM

Welcome aboard.......Someone buy my seats

post #188 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Hey everyone, I finally have my phone hooked up so I can get by on dial up till my DSL is on. Anything exciting going on, did you decide on what to spend your money on yet Dopey?

I recently came into a few bucks, I may say hell with it and get an Alpine Stage 1 kit. I would go for more power but I want to be safe so I do not have to worry about blowing up my engine. If I do go for it I will sell my stage 3 upper intake and penolic spacer. I may think about it till May or I might just say fk it and get it in a month or so, lol.

Last edited by MrPhotoman; 01-07-2005 at 08:07 PM.
post #189 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 09:05 PM

waltzilla, I PMed you a long a$$ time ago about meeting up sometime, but never got a reply.

Tim, I haven't decided yet. But I think I might just get the fuel tuner for my Tib for now, then start saving up for the car I really want.......an '87 Buick GNX, well, I guess I'll take any GN or Regal T-type, but I really want the '87 GNX.

That dealership that has the 300zx has put it in storage and is supposed to be putting it on e-bay soon, so if I'm getting it, I need to do it soon. I still need to get a hold of the guy with the Omni, so I can see it. I'm also pretty sure now that he said it was an '84, which was a GLH, but the '84 wasn't turboed. Only 110hp compared to the 146 out of the turboed models.

But I don't know, its a hard decision. I'm going to e-bay right now to look for GN's though. Hopefully I can find a decent one for under 20k.

Oh, I don't think I'll be racing you next spring if you get that SC.....lol. Unless I have a GN, I'll be running mid to high 13's....lol.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

Last edited by Dopey; 01-07-2005 at 09:08 PM.
post #190 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Too bad this is in Texas, sounds like a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

post #191 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 10:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

waltzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

my bad...i used 2 just look @ the diy for some ideas..and then i realized that the other forums were prolly gonna be more helpful as far as ideas and what not would be...i dunno if that made sence or not..lol...but anyways my bad dopey
post #192 of 657 Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotoman
Too bad this is in Texas, sounds like a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Yeah, I just looked at that. But I also saw a TSI Talon AWD with a buy it now option for $650. It was in pretty good condition, but it needed a new water pump and the person selling said they thought it has a boost leak.

Waltzilla, PM me sometime and we'll meet up.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #193 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Dopey, who installed your headers, how much did it cost and did they do a good job? Even though I originally did not want headers due to the noise I think I probibly should get them. After I heard your car I think it changed my mind, I just do not think I want to do the install since they are a ***** to put on.

Last edited by MrPhotoman; 01-08-2005 at 04:03 PM.
post #194 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 07:18 PM

The person who put them on did a great job, because it was me.......lol. Well, I could have run my o2 sensor wires a little better, and probably will on Monday. There's just one spot where they're hanging too low, well, if we ever get any snow this year they'll be too low.

If you installed your Mafterburner, you can install the headers. Its more just time consuming than hard, but you have to have patience. I think the hardest part of the install was getting the damn heat shields off....lol. Well, that and getting to that one bolt ont he A/C compressor. Well, actually, getting to the bolt wasn't hard, it was loosening it without stripping it and not discharging the A/C (which I had to do).

If you don't want to do it, go around and get some quotes from different shops. Pick the cheapest one that you still feel comfortable with. Most places around here would probably charge about $45-$65 per hour.

If you end up doing it yourself and run into a problem, give me call.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #195 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I may have the local Chrysler dealership to do it for me, I am pretty good friends with them and I think they would probibly do it for around $50-60. I will check with them and see.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey
The person who put them on did a great job, because it was me.......lol. Well, I could have run my o2 sensor wires a little better, and probably will on Monday. There's just one spot where they're hanging too low, well, if we ever get any snow this year they'll be too low.

If you installed your Mafterburner, you can install the headers. Its more just time consuming than hard, but you have to have patience. I think the hardest part of the install was getting the damn heat shields off....lol. Well, that and getting to that one bolt ont he A/C compressor. Well, actually, getting to the bolt wasn't hard, it was loosening it without stripping it and not discharging the A/C (which I had to do).

If you don't want to do it, go around and get some quotes from different shops. Pick the cheapest one that you still feel comfortable with. Most places around here would probably charge about $45-$65 per hour.

If you end up doing it yourself and run into a problem, give me call.

post #196 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 11:12 PM

What headers you getting photo? I think I will be getting the SSA headers in the next month or so. Anyone know about the grounding kits? Do they actually work?

post #197 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The SSA, I can't afford the Hotshots! I ordered prothane motor mounts today, I will let you know how I like them when I put them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbitten03
What headers you getting photo? I think I will be getting the SSA headers in the next month or so. Anyone know about the grounding kits? Do they actually work?

post #198 of 657 Old 01-08-2005, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Dopey this guy has a safc for sale for $200, I like the mafterburner better though.

Sharkbitten, he has hotshot headers for $450

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29503

post #199 of 657 Old 01-09-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I just bid on the Version 2 of the SSA headers, hope the fitament issues are resolved now! So far it is at $250.00. Do you guys know the person that sells the high flow cat on ebay or the one that I will need?

post #200 of 657 Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 PM

Check with Demoneyes about the headers Photo.....I bought my exhaust from him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.