The Official WEST VIRGINIA Thread - Page 9 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #201 of 657 Old 01-09-2005, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Re: OFFICIAL West Virginia MEMBER Thread

I bid on the new version 2 of the headers, Demoneyes sells version 1 although he does dent the headers so they clear. I thought I would pay $28 more and get the updated version.

I have a grounding kit on since I have the stage 3, it took care of my grounding issue and it looks really nice. Other than that I do not think they do anything, I paid $12 off ebay for my circle earth system so yeah I think its worth it just for the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbitten03
Check with Demoneyes about the headers Photo.....I bought my exhaust from him.

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 657 Old 01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
kickerz24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey can some one help sell this for me, since i am in the area
$ 16,500, i lowered the price since i have a truck being held , thanks
www.cardomain.com/memberpage/705798 www.cardomain.com/memberpage/705798

Happiness is a Belt-Fed Weapon
post #203 of 657 Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Dopey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kicker!

You still haven't sold that yet?

Well, if someone was to get it, can they just take over your payments, or do they have to pay the $16,500?

I know someone who was thinking about getting a Tib and he has seen yours and loves it. But I doubt he'd get $16,500 for his Caviler and I doubt he has that much sitting around. But if he can take over the payments, he might go for it.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

N/A Dyno #'s & Track time
150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

post #204 of 657 Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

kickerz24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey
Hey Kicker!

You still haven't sold that yet?

Well, if someone was to get it, can they just take over your payments, or do they have to pay the $16,500?

I know someone who was thinking about getting a Tib and he has seen yours and loves it. But I doubt he'd get $16,500 for his Caviler and I doubt he has that much sitting around. But if he can take over the payments, he might go for it.
sorry but i have put a lot more down durring my payments and only owe about 11,000, and can't let it go for that, but tell him to talk to me

Happiness is a Belt-Fed Weapon
post #205 of 657 Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerz24
sorry but i have put a lot more down durring my payments and only owe about 11,000, and can't let it go for that, but tell him to talk to me
Cool. He may have the money, I don't know. I just don't think he does. I'll probably see him tomorrow though, so I'll let him know.

Alpine Stage 1, AOS CAI, Custom Exhaust w/Magnaflow Mufflers, Hot Shot Headers, NGM MM's, 17"x7" Konig Zeige wheels, 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's, Seibon CF Hood, Dash Kit, Door sills, Tuscani badges, JVC KD-SH 707 MP3/CD HU.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #206 of 657 Old 01-12-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Well I won the auction and paid for the version 2 of the ssa headers. It was like $284 with shipping and insurance. I will get a $30 high flow cat as well, Dopey did you have any trouble installing your headers? Did you do it by yourself? How many hours did it take you?

post #207 of 657 Old 01-15-2005, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotoman
Well I won the auction and paid for the version 2 of the ssa headers. It was like $284 with shipping and insurance. I will get a $30 high flow cat as well, Dopey did you have any trouble installing your headers? Did you do it by yourself? How many hours did it take you?
I did just about all of it by myself. Some friends came over while I just started to solder the o2 wires. They did the wiring while I put on the downpipe.

I really just took my time with it and it probably took me about 12 hrs. But I'm sure you could do it in about 8-9 hrs.

The manifold nuts only need 18-22ft.lbs of torque, so don't tighten them too tight, but its a good idea to use some loctite.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #208 of 657 Old 01-15-2005, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks. I did not know that you had to cut wires and soder the O2 sensors back on. Will I need to do that as well?

I dread doing the install but it would cost a fortune to have someone to do it for me since it takes so long to do.

Quote:
I did just about all of it by myself. Some friends came over while I just started to solder the o2 wires. They did the wiring while I put on the downpipe.

I really just took my time with it and it probably took me about 12 hrs. But I'm sure you could do it in about 8-9 hrs.

The manifold nuts only need 18-22ft.lbs of torque, so don't tighten them too tight, but its a good idea to use some loctite.

post #209 of 657 Old 01-19-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Here is a bunch of decent tib stuff for sale (ported and polished manifolds, etc)

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30738

post #210 of 657 Old 01-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I did not know that you had to cut wires and soder the O2 sensors back on. Will I need to do that as well?

I dread doing the install but it would cost a fortune to have someone to do it for me since it takes so long to do.
Well, I don't think the SSA headers requires the relocation, but I think moving them behind the cat is the best thing to do.

If you take it to a shop, it probably won't take them as long. They'll have a lift and other tools that would make the job easier. I also took my sweet time, I was going to just finish it in 2 days, but Dave wouldn't let me....lol.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #211 of 657 Old 01-22-2005, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Okay guys, help me here. I am debating on trying to find a used supercharger or buying a 50 shot dry nitrous kit from NGM. I hate thee thought of blowing $2,000 on a supercharger if I can get a $550 nitrous kit to play with. I would rather have the supercharger but that is a hell of a lot of money to spend and a long time to wait on it. I am seriously thinking of saying hell with it and getting nitrous even though that is not the "cool" thing to do. I value your opinions, what do you think? I have the money in savings for a supercharger but I need to buy new furnature, pay off the PT Cruiser and all that. I guess I could get the nitrous for now and sell it later when I am ready to go supercharged. What do you think? TC from NGM said I would be fine with a dry kit and I trust his opinion.

post #212 of 657 Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 PM

sharkbitten03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont like the idea of running Nitrous personally. I would just get the Supercharger. You said it yourself...you dont like the idea and as long as I have seen you on here you have wanted a supercharger.
SO GO GET IT!

I guess I will just have to get used to having the slowest tib in WV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
post #213 of 657 Old 01-22-2005, 07:02 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

givit35 is an unknown quantity at this point

No i have the slowest Tib. in W.Va. It never leaves the garage!!! I'd go supercharger. Hear bad things with nitrous plus with a SC ya don't have to stop and fill up!!!! It's always there.
post #214 of 657 Old 01-22-2005, 09:31 PM

Yeah Tim, I wouldn't go with the nitrous either. It will be just as expensive as the SC in the long run after filling up the bottle time after time.

Since you've got the money for it why not get that new turbo kit from T.C.? This way, you can keep your stage 3 IMs and u-drive pulley.

Or do what I think I finally decided on doing.....getting a car to use for the track. One that is already turboed or SCed.

I should be able to get that Z in the low 14's for around $400. Now add that to the $600 I'll pay for the car, that $1,000 for a low 14 sec. car. Upgrade the fuel pump, injectors & regulator, then get a bigger turbo & intercooler and maybe pistons, and then I can go to 500+ whp.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #215 of 657 Old 01-25-2005, 09:00 AM

I might be buying that Z today! I found out all the recalls have been done on it and am going to look under the car today, hopefully.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #216 of 657 Old 01-25-2005, 04:43 PM

sharkbitten03 is an unknown quantity at this point

GO for it Dopey.

I purchased a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 4x4 last week to get me around in these WV winters. I parked the tib for now.

I plan on getting my front bumper repaired and repainted before spring whn the show season starts. Anyone here interested in going to NOPI nats in Bristol? I have been the last 4 years and have entered the tib the last 2. I took 1st place in Tiburon conservative in 2003. I have already made reservations. I have a cuple of freinds I meet up with in Charleston (they are from Marion OH) and we roll into Bristol together. Dave has a heavily modded CRX and he took 2nd place in CRX mild last year. And Guy drives a 2003 Eclipse that is also heavily modded, widebody and lots of bolt on's.

Anyway I just figured I would ask I always have a great time there.

I am thinking of installing my seats in my tib and just saying the hell with the airbags. I just dont know what they will look like now. When I purchased them I had planned on painting interior peices blue and going with blue graphics and have since changed my mind. BNut the seats are blue so I dont know. Maybe a little blue here and there may help.....I dont know lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VIS Invader hood-CONCEPTO S1 ON THE WAY-SSA Catback-NXT Gen Headers-NXT Gen Stage 3 Manifolds-AEM CAI-ENKEI GF 1'S-Kuhmo Ecsta ASX-FL METAL INTERIOR ACCENTS-Tuscani Badging and Door sills-Alpine V12-B&M Short Shifter-ARK front strut bar-GT Wing #2-Espelir ASD springs
post #217 of 657 Old 01-25-2005, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yeah I may go. I have a good friend that lives in Bristol. I have never entered a car in a show before, that sounds like fun.

Quote:
GO for it Dopey.

I purchased a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 4x4 last week to get me around in these WV winters. I parked the tib for now.

I plan on getting my front bumper repaired and repainted before spring whn the show season starts. Anyone here interested in going to NOPI nats in Bristol? I have been the last 4 years and have entered the tib the last 2. I took 1st place in Tiburon conservative in 2003. I have already made reservations. I have a cuple of freinds I meet up with in Charleston (they are from Marion OH) and we roll into Bristol together. Dave has a heavily modded CRX and he took 2nd place in CRX mild last year. And Guy drives a 2003 Eclipse that is also heavily modded, widebody and lots of bolt on's.

Anyway I just figured I would ask I always have a great time there.

I am thinking of installing my seats in my tib and just saying the hell with the airbags. I just dont know what they will look like now. When I purchased them I had planned on painting interior peices blue and going with blue graphics and have since changed my mind. BNut the seats are blue so I dont know. Maybe a little blue here and there may help.....I dont know lol

post #218 of 657 Old 01-26-2005, 07:11 AM

Quote:
GO for it Dopey.
Well, I went and looked at it yesterday and there's quite a bit of rust underneath. Mostly just under the sideskirts. The frame is solid and the car "runs" (may be a slight bit faster than my tib..lol), but there's that rust and for some reason they have the e-brake cable unhooked (forgot to ask why).

I'm going to try to get them to let me take it to my bodyshop and see how it would cost to get it fixed. If its only a couple hundred, I'll definately buy for me. If not, I'll probably still buy it and try to sell it whole or in parts.

Being an '84 50th anniversary, I should be able to find someone to take for about $1,000 and that will be a $400 profit. Or maybe I'll look for another car to put the engine in, because I'm sure that engine itself is worth $600.

We'll see what happens later today though.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #219 of 657 Old 01-26-2005, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Let us know how it goes.

I received my chrome angel eye headlights today!! They look good except one has a small scuff, I do not think it is noticable though.

post #220 of 657 Old 01-27-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Let us know how it goes.

I received my chrome angel eye headlights today!! They look good except one has a small scuff, I do not think it is noticable though.
Nice! Man Photo, you've been on a shopping spree for your car lately...lol.

Well, I just said f.uck it and I'm buying the Z. The bodyshop I had them take it to said it would cost about $4300 to fix the body, but he did the estimate to make it look real good. I just need it to be able to pass inspection. If I can't get that done semi cheap, then I'm going to sell it.

I've got a guy on Z31.com that said he's interested, but he's from Texas. All I can really say about the car though, is that it runs like a champ.

EDIT: Well, some guy went to the dealership today and offered them $1500 for it, so I can't get it. I guess I'll just save up some more and get a SC for the Tib.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28

Last edited by Dopey; 01-27-2005 at 04:11 PM.
post #221 of 657 Old 01-27-2005, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hey sorry to hear that but I bet you will like the supercharger on your Tib better. Do you drive your Tib in the winter like I do?

Quote:
Nice! Man Photo, you've been on a shopping spree for your car lately...lol.

Well, I just said f.uck it and I'm buying the Z. The bodyshop I had them take it to said it would cost about $4300 to fix the body, but he did the estimate to make it look real good. I just need it to be able to pass inspection. If I can't get that done semi cheap, then I'm going to sell it.

I've got a guy on Z31.com that said he's interested, but he's from Texas. All I can really say about the car though, is that it runs like a champ.

EDIT: Well, some guy went to the dealership today and offered them $1500 for it, so I can't get it. I guess I'll just save up some more and get a SC for the Tib.

post #222 of 657 Old 01-27-2005, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Hey sorry to hear that but I bet you will like the supercharger on your Tib better. Do you drive your Tib in the winter like I do?
Eh, it was probably a good thing the other guy bought it. It really did need more work than I origionally planned (the body).

Tim I tell you what, there is this GN thats in pretty good condition about 4hrs. away thats for sale for $3,4xx. Its killing me, I wish I had that, I'd go get it right now!

There's also a '92 Talon TSI AWD for sale in Reading, PA with 77k origional miles! Also like 2-3k.

Oh and yeah, I drive my Tib in the winter.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #223 of 657 Old 01-27-2005, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yeah I hate to drive mine in the winter but I can't buy another car right now. I will have to tell my couzin about the talon, he is looking for one. That is a great price on both of those cars!

post #224 of 657 Old 01-28-2005, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah I hate to drive mine in the winter but I can't buy another car right now. I will have to tell my couzin about the talon, he is looking for one. That is a great price on both of those cars!
Yes it is, I'm almost thinking about getting a loan for about 2k and getting the GN...lol.

150whp
160ft.-lbs

60' -- 2.3
1/8 -- 10.0 @ 70.24
1/4 -- 15.6 @ 88.28
post #225 of 657 Old 01-28-2005, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

fuel tuner for sale, not sure if it is the mafterburner:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d=1#post519794

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.