post #1 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jhall520 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation KDMnation Chicago

What's going on guys,

Chicago has finally started a Chapter for KDMnation and I'm it's Chapter Leader. I own a 2011 Optima and Just to give those some insight on what KDMnation is, for the most part the club is only Kia/Hyundai vehicles and is NOT only projected towards the "modders." The whole philosophy of the club that was explained to me goes as follows: "It's a group of people that simply put, Love their cars whether they mod or not."

Basically, what I'm doing here is trying to gather those that like to attend meets, converse with others and over all just have a good time. KDMnation is expanding and we can only make that happen if we have more members and the word gets around. I know that the Chicago area has a good hand of KIA/Hyundai owners and as I drive around I see a lot more KIA/Hyundai's everyday.. Soul's, Forte's, Sonata's, Genesis's etc.. So I can only begin to imagine the possibilities of the Chicago Chapter growing; and would love to have more members on board.

Currently the Chicago Chapter has been up and running now for almost 1.5 months. Within that time we are at 25 members strong, decal designs have been made, business cards are in the works to be used as a "I spotted you" recruiting statement, professional photographer(s) are on board, and in the near future we will be sponsored by a customs shop in the Chicago area for any modsthat we may feel uncomfortable doing ourselves. All in all, the club is growing and you can expect to see KDMnation expand even more than it already has.

I will be joining other Kia & Hyundai forums to invite others.

Feel free to PM me any questions that you may have or if you'd like to join.

(I in no way intend to take members away from this forum, all I am attempting to do is to welcome Chicagoland Tiburon owners to participate in KDMnation's expansion)

Thank you for your time.

~Jaciel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

Doomsday Postcard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: KDMnation Chicago

Interesting to see how many KDM people are in the Chicagoland area...
post #3 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Chicago has a pretty good sized group so far. Indiana could use a chapter as well lol

post #4 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

shiyat, I can't even get enough people for a meet lol...
post #5 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Postcard View Post
shiyat, I can't even get enough people for a meet lol...
aw word? I mean you're speaking just about the Tiburon scene though right? If you were to run things in Indiana then you would be opening the doors to a bigger crowd..

btw don't Hi-jack my thread! lol
post #6 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Octane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud of

Heh, I actually posted a thread the other day about the meet in Busse Woods you guys had (I ended up not being able to make it out)

Haven't signed up on the forums yet, but love it! Keep it up

AEM CAI, SSA v2 Headers, DC Cat-back exhaust, TEIN S-Tech springs, KYB GR2's, 8000k Xentec HID's, DD 6 LED Dome Lights
post #7 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oCTaNe View Post
Heh, I actually posted a thread the other day about the meet in Busse Woods you guys had (I ended up not being able to make it out)

Haven't signed up on the forums yet, but love it! Keep it up
Yea it was a good time. I finally got some free time now that I'm not organizing event,s so I can hop around on forums and recruit lol

I take it that you're interested?
post #8 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Octane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud ofOctane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhall520 View Post
Yea it was a good time. I finally got some free time now that I'm not organizing event,s so I can hop around on forums and recruit lol

I take it that you're interested?
You bet I am!
Anything to promote the KDM scene in Chicago!

My reason for not going is actually because I didn't know anyone that was going, and thought it would be a tad bit awkward, also wanted to save my gas for Ill Fest which was the the next day haha

AEM CAI, SSA v2 Headers, DC Cat-back exhaust, TEIN S-Tech springs, KYB GR2's, 8000k Xentec HID's, DD 6 LED Dome Lights
post #9 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
You bet I am!
Anything to promote the KDM scene in Chicago!

My reason for not going is actually because I didn't know anyone that was going, and thought it would be a tad bit awkward, also wanted to save my gas for Ill Fest which was the the next day haha
Lol dude GenCoupe owners didn't know Optima owners and we both didn't know Forte Koup Owners, It's all about meeting new people. The more connections you have the better right?

Overall everyones pretty cool when you all share a common interest, although I understand where you're coming from. I'll forward you some info to get you started.
post #10 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Aby K

Shout out for KDM nation's SoCal chapter
post #11 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

is there special kool-aid we have to drink? pm me some info while you are @ it...
post #12 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby K View Post
Shout out for KDM nation's SoCal chapter
HAHA word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Postcard View Post
is there special kool-aid we have to drink? pm me some info while you are @ it...
lol no, no kool-aid just a blessing from all members. jk
I just have my members do some things like signing up to forum getting familiar, with everyone, etc..

And wtf I can't PM anyone.. my post count isn't high enough
post #13 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Haha yeah... Off topic and Regional sections won't get your count up xD

post #14 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Haha yeah... Off topic and Regional sections won't get your count up xD
Send me an email then.. J.hall520[at]kdmnation[dot]com :p (beat the system)
post #15 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

I should infract you for trying to beat the system! But alas i am no moderator, just a fool from indiana creepin...so uh whatupwith it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

silversharkXD2 will become famous soon enough

I am part of the admin team on the site. it is really a nice place. i want to head up a pittsburgh chapter if anyone is interested. I am hyundailess right now. I have been an owner of four. I am currently searching for a project car for me and my boy to work on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCInfantino View Post
I went to this meet/party, and it was great! I have been to many different car shows, meets, and cruises, and this was the best meet I have been to. A big thanks to Mike and his wife, and everyone who contributed to putting this thing together.

TC
If you disagree with soemone, just call them a troll. It validates all your opinions.
post #17 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
I should infract you for trying to beat the system! But alas i am no moderator, just a fool from indiana creepin...so uh whatupwith it
Lol this guy.. what up with what.. I have one member from Indiana showing interest in it but he stated he has a hard time rounding you guys up as it is for the car club. I'm not shooting down his opportunity but I think you all should at least make some effort..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversharkXD2 View Post
I am part of the admin team on the site. it is really a nice place. i want to head up a pittsburgh chapter if anyone is interested. I am hyundailess right now. I have been an owner of four. I am currently searching for a project car for me and my boy to work on
There's a Pennsylvania chapter already ran by Emily or known as xoxjuicy on the kdmnation forum.
post #18 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

We are a troublesome group to get together, but when we do well there is not much happening

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
We are a troublesome group to get together, but when we do well there is not much happening
You guys are more than welcome to join up with the Chicago crew lol We have meets held once a month. Not sure how deep into Indiana most of you guys are but if you want in let me know and we can figure something out. I have a member coming from Wisconsin so I know it's possible to do. Let me know.
post #20 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhall520 View Post
Lol this guy.. what up with what.. I have one member from Indiana showing interest in it but he stated he has a hard time rounding you guys up as it is for the car club. I'm not shooting down his opportunity but I think you all should at least make some effort..

There's a Pennsylvania chapter already ran by Emily or known as xoxjuicy on the kdmnation forum.
Oh i didnt know that . the pa list is blank
edit* yeah i just checked again. the group forum has nothing in the PA thread
yeah emily is coming to my meet

Quote:
I went to this meet/party, and it was great! I have been to many different car shows, meets, and cruises, and this was the best meet I have been to. A big thanks to Mike and his wife, and everyone who contributed to putting this thing together.

TC
If you disagree with soemone, just call them a troll. It validates all your opinions.

Last edited by silversharkXD2; 05-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.
post #21 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Oh i didnt know that . the pa list is blank
Oh I wonder what's going on with that then. I don''t keep up with everyone else chapters but I knew there was one created b/c I recruited the Ohio Chapter Leader whose really good friend with the Pennsylvania Chapter leader whose good friends also with the Virginia Chapter leader.. you get the idea haha

If anything, you should send a message to xoxjuicy and find out what's going on with updates let alone the group. Maybe you could help her out...

EDIT: Well since you beat me to my post, I have to edit this now.. Disregard everything I said except for the helping her out part. lol

BTW- This post count thing blows..!

Last edited by Jhall520; 05-30-2012 at 11:11 PM.
post #22 of 42 Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

lol...tell me about it. I signed up for this site in 07 and came back in january to promote my meet and i had 3 posts...lol. couldnt even put a link to my meet thread in my sig

Quote:

TC
post #23 of 42 Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Standard6Speed is an unknown quantity at this point

The post count can be pretty lame, I haven't been a member long but I've read the forums since I got my car, I just rarely post haha.

btw I'm from SW michigan, about 1.5 hours from Chicago, I might be interested in coming to some of these meets. There's no one around here. Not just tibs, almost no real car people period. Lame.
post #24 of 42 Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
lol...tell me about it. I signed up for this site in 07 and came back in january to promote my meet and i had 3 posts...lol. couldnt even put a link to my meet thread in my sig
Lol, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard6Speed View Post
The post count can be pretty lame, I haven't been a member long but I've read the forums since I got my car, I just rarely post haha.

btw I'm from SW michigan, about 1.5 hours from Chicago, I might be interested in coming to some of these meets. There's no one around here. Not just tibs, almost no real car people period. Lame.
Sure thing, PM me your email and I can send you over some information.
post #25 of 42 Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jhall, how can I get one of those KDM Nation decals?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.