NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phoebus will become famous soon enough
Garage
Re: Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
I am game for RK but I am not sure what time I will be done working tomorrow. Starting a new job out in Eagan.
Where in Eagan that where I work and live right on the board of. lol maybe meet up and head out together. I will PM you my Cell shoot me a text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 58 Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
marcabishop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTToeknee View Post
If your car has a big amount of rust, a cutting torch would save hours of work. You can probably swap exhausts out within 2 hours dependent on that.
Headers are a whole different story though, count me out haha
I hired 2 of my buddies that were willing to do the job of headers and full cat back, it ended up taking 12 hours (including breaks). They agreed to take $400 before we started the job; they regretted taking the job after the first 6 hours. The reason it took so long was that I had an aftermarket alternator that was about an inch bigger so it was hitting the header. We had to take the shielding off of the alternator, and torch / bang up one pipe on the header, otherwise it turned out great.

I will be buffing/waxing my car soon with 2 boxes of turtle wax black box so I hope the results are great! Then I will be ready to meet haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #28 of 58 Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcabishop View Post
I hired 2 of my buddies that were willing to do the job of headers and full cat back, it ended up taking 12 hours (including breaks). They agreed to take $400 before we started the job; they regretted taking the job after the first 6 hours. The reason it took so long was that I had an aftermarket alternator that was about an inch bigger so it was hitting the header. We had to take the shielding off of the alternator, and torch / bang up one pipe on the header, otherwise it turned out great.

I will be buffing/waxing my car soon with 2 boxes of turtle wax black box so I hope the results are great! Then I will be ready to meet haha
Yea, Mine took me about 12 hours and my car has no rust whats so ever on it it was mainly a bolt for the heat shield on the rear stock header was froze on.... so spent about 3 hours trying to get off before getting pissed and using an air chisel to it. I refuse to do any more headers after that lol

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6sp Turbo?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT v6 5spd - Sold

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood

post #29 of 58 Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

TibbyOwner1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Duluth Area Tib here

"You think I would truly buy a Tiburon if I wanted to go fast? Also, my STOCK Tib still beat your Turbo CRX, go back to Auto-Zone buddy!"
post #30 of 58 Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

ShyGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

If I can get the parts, does anyone know how hard it is to replace the front clip and driver front quarter panel? If anyone has time and is will to help, I would appreciate it.
post #31 of 58 Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

I wouldn't mind helping out with your quarter panel project. A project I just had completed with 2 of my mechanics was a timing belt & water pump installation. It took approx 7 hrs to complete.

post #32 of 58 Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Garage

Why do you need to replace them?
I would be up for it since I kinda want to see how exactly the gills attach up there with the lights like you have. As long as you have it off and if you needed help.

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood
post #33 of 58 Old 07-31-2012, 12:29 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
TTToeknee

Nice meet tonight guys! We definitely need more people to go! I had a good time. I posted pictures on the official MN thread if anyone wants to check or add to them, not the best quality, haha.

How did my tail lights look on the highway Josh? hahaha

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
NGM Stage 3 Iced Sniper, Hydra 2.6, 440cc Injectors, AEM Water/meth, AEM CAI, ARK DTS-V2 Techno Exhaust, DCSports Headers, NGM 70mm Tri-Flow BBTB, Bosch 190LPH Fuel Pump, Modded Phantom Grip LSD, ACT Clutch, F1 Racing Chromoly Flywheel, Megan Lowering Springs.
130k miles!

300.5whp, 265 Ft. Lbs. @12psi on a loaded dyno
post #34 of 58 Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 AM

Garage

Lol You didn't beat me by too much unless you let off. I did better then I thought lol

Yea for sure, sadly the only other person I know with a Tib is a dick lol or I would try to bring him.

BWT the pic of our trunks makes me hate my sub box more and more lol I really need to get my new one made lol

Also my new tail lights came today so need to nightshade them and get them on. Now just have to do clear corner headlights

Last edited by Phoebus; 07-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.
post #35 of 58 Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

asmallsparrow

Eden Prairie here. I'll head out for a meet after my racelands come in. Due to ship this next week. :>
post #36 of 58 Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 PM

Garage

Cool. Hope to see you there in the coming weeks. And kinda curious on how the racelands will be. Of what I have read they seam to be nice.

post #37 of 58 Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallsparrow View Post
Eden Prairie here. I'll head out for a meet after my racelands come in. Due to ship this next week. :>
Welcome! Any pics of your tib?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Also my new tail lights came today so need to nightshade them and get them on. Now just have to do clear corner headlights
Let me know how that goes for ya If you need any help or advice just shoot me a text or whatever.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
NGM Stage 3 Iced Sniper, Hydra 2.6, 440cc Injectors, AEM Water/meth, AEM CAI, ARK DTS-V2 Techno Exhaust, DCSports Headers, NGM 70mm Tri-Flow BBTB, Bosch 190LPH Fuel Pump, Modded Phantom Grip LSD, ACT Clutch, F1 Racing Chromoly Flywheel, Megan Lowering Springs.
130k miles!

post #38 of 58 Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Sorry I couldn't make it out on Monday. I was the DD for a 21st birthday party. Phoebus, my aunt backed into my car. I am actually going to take it into the shop and get it done. When I got the quote on it they brought up some additional things that I didn't see right away so I am going to let insurance take care of it. Not really happy about the car at the moment.
post #39 of 58 Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

I had a good time @ RK! I'll make an attempt every Monday

post #40 of 58 Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Sorry I couldn't make it out on Monday. I was the DD for a 21st birthday party. Phoebus, my aunt backed into my car. I am actually going to take it into the shop and get it done. When I got the quote on it they brought up some additional things that I didn't see right away so I am going to let insurance take care of it. Not really happy about the car at the moment.
Stick with it man, sh#& happens!

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #41 of 58 Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Anyone coming out to RK tonight?
6:30pm, right off 694 and 81 in Brooklyn Park. I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #42 of 58 Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Garage

And they said there WILL be NOS tonight lol unlike last week. And for once I got it so I can drag my gf up there tonight lol

post #43 of 58 Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
And they said there WILL be NOS tonight lol unlike last week. And for once I got it so I can drag my gf up there tonight lol
Haha finally I get my 1 dollar's worth!

Did you wanna meet up somewhere beforehand Josh? I'm kind of debating if I want to go back to Albertville after work to wash the car or do it down here in Brooklyn Park. Not sure if my GF is going to go... she thinks it's boring...lol.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #44 of 58 Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Garage

Quote:
Haha finally I get my 1 dollar's worth!

Did you wanna meet up somewhere beforehand Josh? I'm kind of debating if I want to go back to Albertville after work to wash the car or do it down here in Brooklyn Park. Not sure if my GF is going to go... she thinks it's boring...lol.
Yea we could meet up somewhere. I usually get there around 5:40 or so... but I going to leave a bit earlier get car washed at Paradise and go pick up GF so may or may not be there around that time or later... Hopefully early. shoot me a Text if you want to meet up somewhere I am 99% sure she will be wanting to get food before RK if you up for that.

post #45 of 58 Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

asmallsparrow

Quote:
Welcome! Any pics of your tib?
I stopped and took a couple today after a wash and wax.

Nothing too special yet, but I've only had her since January.

To be honest, I'm sort of disenchanted already considering the underpowered engine, but I'm not going to give up right away. After I put my headers on I've been experiencing some weird power loss. About 80% of the time it doesn't go like it should when I floor it. My O2 sensors are up for changing due to mileage so I figure I'll start there.
I've always wanted to do a turbo project but this doesn't seem like the right platform for that so I figure I'll just get what I can/want to out of it and I'll move on.
I do quite like the looks, though. Racelands are due to come in this Friday so I can get rid of this 4x4 ****.

I'm also considering taking the plastidip off of the gills. I wanted to see how black would look and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to have to paint them something either way, they were all faded and chipped.
post #46 of 58 Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallsparrow View Post
I stopped and took a couple today after a wash and wax.

Nothing too special yet, but I've only had her since January.

To be honest, I'm sort of disenchanted already considering the underpowered engine, but I'm not going to give up right away. After I put my headers on I've been experiencing some weird power loss. About 80% of the time it doesn't go like it should when I floor it. My O2 sensors are up for changing due to mileage so I figure I'll start there.
I've always wanted to do a turbo project but this doesn't seem like the right platform for that so I figure I'll just get what I can/want to out of it and I'll move on.
I do quite like the looks, though. Racelands are due to come in this Friday so I can get rid of this 4x4 ****.

I'm also considering taking the plastidip off of the gills. I wanted to see how black would look and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to have to paint them something either way, they were all faded and chipped.
Haha, how fun were headers? Nice Tib btw, just know that making big numbers isn't cheap!
Anyone have pics from ricekiller? Put 'em up! Nice seeing you guys again

Pics:

Haha, Kelly your son is awesome.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

Last edited by TTToeknee; 08-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.
post #47 of 58 Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 AM

Garage

I have like the same pics as you just I suck at taken so they look worse. But I am happy there is a decent picture of my car lol But was fun seeing everyone and finally meeting Kellydude and Justin.

post #48 of 58 Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Garage

Well, I will be up at RK but my car no worky so be taking my truck. See you guys there.

post #49 of 58 Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

TTToeknee

I'll be there.

Black 2003 GT V6 5-Spd.
130k miles!

post #50 of 58 Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

I am currently in Kansas City. I will be back up in September. Hoping that the weather will still be nice enough to make a couple more RK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.