The Official MISSOURI Thread - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #26 of 33857 Old 03-02-2004, 09:17 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri2003
I'm open to any weekend in April (well except easter sunday ). Saturdays are best for me but if a Sunday is the only day everyone can do it I shouldn't have a problem making it.
Yeah, I'd rather do this on a nice, sunny Saturday afternoon... About 75-80 degrees... No clouds, decent breeze... Haha, I'll stop now. Point being... Saturday's probably going to be a better day for just about everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 33857 Old 03-02-2004, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

Tuscani-I4 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

I also would rather do it on a saturday. It just seems the best day. We are finally getting things together guys. wooohooo
post #28 of 33857 Old 03-02-2004, 05:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

...About damn time, too... Since most of the other major cities already have meets... We're lagging.

post #29 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 01:57 AM
NewTiburon.com God

yg17 is an unknown quantity at this point

To all the people in St. Louis: Where in StL does everyone live and what area are you usually driving around in the most?

I've seen so many Tibs on the road lately and I always wonder if it's someone from NT.com.

I live and am almost always in the Chesterfield area. Black I4, no mods

Saw someone today on my way to work at Clarkson and Chesterfield Parkway, right in front of the mall. Dark blue Tib. Is that anyone? And if that was you, in case you didn't know, one of your headlights is burnt out.

And does anyone here drive a silver GT that goes to parkway central? See that car in the parking lot all the time

2009 Volkswagen GTI 6-speed. Completely stock. Yeah....that's about it.
post #30 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

ohhh your not the only one who sees them driving around. I saw one today 1 block from my house and it was a silver i4 I believe. The guy just turned the other direction and drove away. I guess he wasn't a car enthusiastic. And 2 days ago, I was driving at night and guess whats next to me in the other line. A blue tib. A guy was driving and he didn't care either. Why? Because i was driving next to him for 2 miles and he was just driving like I was not even there. Another non car enthusiastic. Whats wrong with these people.

I live in south city stl. But where I drive the most is webster groves and south county. I always see tibs.
post #31 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 03:09 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Hans_pfall is an unknown quantity at this point

Heya fellas,

I've gotta agree about Saturday being the day and before we start feeling full on summer heat. As long as I know a few weeks ahead of time I'm there.

Josh
post #32 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_pfall
Heya fellas,

I've gotta agree about Saturday being the day and before we start feeling full on summer heat. As long as I know a few weeks ahead of time I'm there.

Josh
Awesome. And yes. we'll sure do that josh.

Tuscani-I4 (me)
Bri2003
Tuscani GK
Rock37
Isis
PinkTiburon
Phlash
Terry
Jumpman
Hans_pfall
yg17

Last edited by Tuscani-I4; 03-09-2004 at 07:45 PM.
post #33 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 09:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Yeah, I see people all the time... But none of them ever acknolwedge I exist. I've almost given up trying...
post #34 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 05:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Myerac Scythe is an unknown quantity at this point

May I come and Play to guys I am moving up there tomorrow to Richmond heights (just west of St. Louis). I will be in the St Louis area for about 8 weeks training at my new company ( so kind to put me up ina corp. suite) headquarters. Then i will be moving on to Cabondale, IL. but really want to see how tight you guys have things. I am from Chicago/Peoria areas from 5 years back and it's been fun in Houston, but now I am heading home. I would love to get in on a meet. I know some guys from houston and Chicago, and Southern Illinois are going to Autorama/World of Wheels March 19-21 at the conention center downtown.
Just wanted to say waz up, and my drive will start early this morning and can't wait to get to the mid-west. And if I see ya, you will be noticed, I hate people who can't even acknowledge other Tib's!
Ohh yeah, I am the silver with the Deviant Konceptz window banner that is silver and black!!
post #35 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Congrats on your job. Hope you have a safe trip.
And yes you may come and play lol. It will be our first meet.
I'll be going to the autorama show too. So the more people go the better.
I'll make sure to keep a look out for you.
post #36 of 33857 Old 03-04-2004, 08:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bri2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
To all the people in St. Louis: Where in StL does everyone live and what area are you usually driving around in the most?

I've seen so many Tibs on the road lately and I always wonder if it's someone from NT.com.

I live and am almost always in the Chesterfield area. Black I4, no mods

Saw someone today on my way to work at Clarkson and Chesterfield Parkway, right in front of the mall. Dark blue Tib. Is that anyone? And if that was you, in case you didn't know, one of your headlights is burnt out.

And does anyone here drive a silver GT that goes to parkway central? See that car in the parking lot all the time
I work in the Chesterfield area so I spend most of my time out there and drive a silver GT but I don't go to Parkway. I drive past that mall a lot. The thing is I don't always drive the Tib around. My wife and I switch off and on a lot, so if you she a girl driving a silver GT in O'fallon it might be her. Come to think of it I just might have to steal the car from her so I can drive it on Friday . It seems I drive all over the place, O'fallon, Chesterfield, South County, so you've most likly have seen me but just didn't know it.

2003 Super Silver V6 Tiburon:
Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #37 of 33857 Old 03-05-2004, 12:42 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Given the opportunity, I'd acknowledge another Tib, but I don't want them to think I want to race, because I don't.

Seems like with some people if you look over they'll think you're racing. I was on Clarkson out in Ellisville at a stoplight and some dude in a really old riced out nissan pulled up next to me. I looked over to check out the rice. He looked at me and seemed to motion that he wanted to race. But when the light turned green, I think he finally realized that rush hour traffic on Clarkson road isn't the best place to race. Moron.

post #38 of 33857 Old 03-05-2004, 12:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Given the opportunity, I'd acknowledge another Tib, but I don't want them to think I want to race, because I don't.

Seems like with some people if you look over they'll think you're racing. I was on Clarkson out in Ellisville at a stoplight and some dude in a really old riced out nissan pulled up next to me. I looked over to check out the rice. He looked at me and seemed to motion that he wanted to race. But when the light turned green, I think he finally realized that rush hour traffic on Clarkson road isn't the best place to race. Moron.
...You mean rush hour traffic doesn't make for a good race? Damn, all those times...

But yeah, I'm always on the lookout. I can spot these cars from a mile away at this point. Got my best friend trained to spot them, too, incase I miss them.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 33857 Old 03-08-2004, 10:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Ok guys it looks like April just got really crazy for me. Is there any chance we could push it off till May or even pick a date that way I can get a better idea of what I can push off to go to the meet? My problem is I found out I have several b-days I have to be at a my sister is due to give birth any day now. I'm sorry for any problems this my cause everyone. If April is the only month everyone can get together then I will see what I can do to make it. But if I had a date it would help a lot.

Thanks

Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #40 of 33857 Old 03-09-2004, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

It does not have to be April. We don't even have a date yet so any month is open.
post #41 of 33857 Old 03-09-2004, 07:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

lucifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, to everyone. I know this is the MO., but I am from Ill. I spend 90% of my time here and want to come to the meet, because there is no one close to me with a Tib. I have talked with bri2003 about this already. I can't wait to meet everyone (if it is ok) and hope the weather is nice. Will be watching for confirmed place and time.
post #42 of 33857 Old 03-09-2004, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer
Hey, to everyone. I know this is the MO., but I am from Ill. I spend 90% of my time here and want to come to the meet, because there is no one close to me with a Tib. I have talked with bri2003 about this already. I can't wait to meet everyone (if it is ok) and hope the weather is nice. Will be watching for confirmed place and time.
Awesome, and of course its ok for you to join us. The more the better.

Tuscani-I4 (me)
Bri2003
Tuscani GK
Rock37
Isis
PinkTiburon
Phlash
Terry (hopefully)
Jumpman
Hans_pfall
yg17
lucifer
Myerac Scythe (hopefully)
post #43 of 33857 Old 03-11-2004, 01:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

rock37 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work every other weekend but i get off work at 230. Any weekend is good for me. I like the idea of having a get together. Get some good ideas on some mods. I live in Waterloo Il. and have a great garage for working on cars. Take care Todd
post #44 of 33857 Old 03-12-2004, 05:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Where in IL are you from? I'm technically from Collinsville, but I work in Chesterfield. Basically, my saying is... I live in Missouri, I sleep in Illinois.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 33857 Old 03-15-2004, 12:45 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani GK
Where in IL are you from? I'm technically from Collinsville, but I work in Chesterfield. Basically, my saying is... I live in Missouri, I sleep in Illinois.
Where in Chesterfield? I live there.....

and damn that must be a long drive in traffic

post #46 of 33857 Old 03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Where in Chesterfield? I live there.....

and damn that must be a long drive in traffic
Technically, it's Town & Country, in the Maryville Business Centre. And yeah, it's about 60 miles round trip through rush hour traffic both ways. It's the absolute suck, but for being 22 and making upwards (eh, it's fun to say that) of $10 an hour... It's well worth it.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #47 of 33857 Old 03-21-2004, 01:53 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Was there anyone from the forum in O'fallon today (3-20-04)? I didn't see it but my brother-in-law saw a fixed up tiburon w/ a bodykit on it in my subdivison right down the street from my house. Just curious.

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #48 of 33857 Old 03-22-2004, 02:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

lucifer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed there are a few of us that work in the Town&Country / Chesterfield area. Tuscani GK and bri2003 you two are about five minutes from me. Tuscani GK which building do you work in? Do either of you drive 270? Look for the red 03 in the fast lane.
post #49 of 33857 Old 03-22-2004, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Look for the red 03 in the fast lane.
hahaha good one.
post #50 of 33857 Old 03-22-2004, 04:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jumpman is an unknown quantity at this point

the wifey works close to Manchester & Hwy 270.

You can see her in the black Tib any weekday...has Retro 'clear' lights, corner light mod, tint & a carbon fiber hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.