The Official MISSOURI Thread - Page 5 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #101 of 33857 Old 04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Myerac Scythe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Keep me posted and I'll try to get back to the city if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

Tuscani-I4 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

It's brians birthday everybody!!!! Happy birthday to you.
post #103 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 02:02 AM
NewTiburon.com God

yg17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani-I4
It's brians birthday everybody!!!! Happy birthday to you.
happy birthday brian!

Guys, today I saw 3 red Tibs, well I think it was 3. It might have been the same car all 3 times because each time, it looked either brand new or was just detailed very well. The first time I saw it was on Holloway Road right by the stoplight at Baxter. I waved to you then whoever it was. Around 20 minutes later I saw it near Clarkson and Manchester, then a couple hours later I spotted it again on Olive road right by the Schnucks and Chesterfield Parkway. Is that anyone from here? If so, that Tib looked great, nice and clean. And if it was the same person, and you spotted 3 black Tibs, it was me

2009 Volkswagen GTI 6-speed. Completely stock. Yeah....that's about it.

post #104 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
happy birthday brian!

Guys, today I saw 3 red Tibs, well I think it was 3. It might have been the same car all 3 times because each time, it looked either brand new or was just detailed very well. The first time I saw it was on Holloway Road right by the stoplight at Baxter. I waved to you then whoever it was. Around 20 minutes later I saw it near Clarkson and Manchester, then a couple hours later I spotted it again on Olive road right by the Schnucks and Chesterfield Parkway. Is that anyone from here? If so, that Tib looked great, nice and clean. And if it was the same person, and you spotted 3 black Tibs, it was me
The red tib was probably following you. He/she couldn't resist to see a black tib. So he/she followed you.
post #105 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

You black Tib owners and your egos...

I saw a couple yesterday in my escapades... (from IL to Chesterfield, then to Lemay, then to Imperial Main St, then back to Lemay, then to Arsenal & Grand, then back to Lemay, then home to IL) ...But, none of them seemed to acknowledge me, so blah. Tho, I did see a G1 or G2 Tiburon at the Suntrup dealer with Tuscani badges. Freaked me out a bit.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #106 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 11:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

lucifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Brian! Happy Belated.

I've been away for awhile and I see that I have not missed the meet. Ya!

Last week, I think Thur. or Fri. I saw a Blue Tib on 270 around Olive w/clear corners and the guy was wearing a cowboy hat. I know whoever it was noticed me, because I was running around 80 w/them behind me and took it up to 100 and they kept up.

When I tried to wave to them they exited. So, does anyone know who it would be?

I read earlier that the park on Creve Couer Mill had been metioned as a place for the meet. If it the one I am thinking of (near Riverport) I think it would be a good idea. The area is not heavy with traffic and I don't think anyone would bother us (the police). Just my .02
post #107 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 04:26 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I saw a red Tib again! Dunno if it's the same one, looked like it though. It was right in front of Parkway Central on Woods Mill. Anyone here?

Riverport/UMB Bank Pavillion has a huge parking lot, but before scheduling a meet we'll have to make sure there isn't something going on there.

post #108 of 33857 Old 04-13-2004, 08:38 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bri2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Thanks for the happy birthdays. I really appreciate it. To bad it was on a Monday and I couldn't go out and party with having work today. I guess I'll have to make up for it this weekend.

yg17:
I think I saw your friend w/ the prelude again today. He was doing a big u-turn on olive by ladue. Someone else was in the car with him but I'm not sure if it was you.

2003 Super Silver V6 Tiburon:
Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #109 of 33857 Old 04-14-2004, 01:08 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri2003

yg17:
I think I saw your friend w/ the prelude again today. He was doing a big u-turn on olive by ladue. Someone else was in the car with him but I'm not sure if it was you.
nah wasn't me in there. He lives in Green Trails so that probably was him since it's close to his house.

post #110 of 33857 Old 04-15-2004, 10:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

...Back on topic, kids.

When's the day for the meet? We going the 15th of May, or do we need to push it back further than that? (I know I can't do 5/1 or 5/8, that's my mom's wedding and reception, respectively.) May 15th is the Blink 182 concert at the UMB Pavilion... I might have tickets for that, but honestly... If there's a meet, I'd rather be there than at a Blink concert. And trust me, THAT'S dedication.

So, back on topic... What's everyone's outlook for a day? We *SERIOUSLY* need to get this done. We also *SERIOUSLY* need to recruit a bit around here... I'm going to look into getting a bunch of "free" business cards to put on any Tibs you see around here. I'll pass them out, if I can get them... AT THE MEET!

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #111 of 33857 Old 04-15-2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)
Cool Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Yes Siirrrrr!!!!!
The 15th will be it. We need to PM everybody so they know before hand and also if the date needs to be pushed if some peolpe cant make it.
Anybody still got an idea where we gonna eat. Restaurant sound like an idea. Some of you who live in chesterfield or near it, do you know of any good restaurants? If we decide to eat we need to know.
Next thing is we need to VOTE where the meet will take place. Don't forget that some of us will be working on our tibs and we need a good place.

I say this too "we need to have as many people as possible" we will have much more fun that way.

Lets go peeps!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tuscani-I4; 04-15-2004 at 04:48 PM.
post #112 of 33857 Old 04-15-2004, 08:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

There are some great restaurants in Chesterfield. Some that come to mind are places like Uno's, Harpos, TGI Fridays. As far as a parking lot being big enough to fit everyone that's another question. The 15th sounds good to me. Do we want to meet at a park first then to a place to eat or just meet at a restaurant? OH yea and there is also The Macaroini (sp) Grill + another place next store (can't think of the name of it right now) with a hugh parking lot across the street that belongs to the mall. There most likely would be enough room for every one to park and gather there. Just some suggestions. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #113 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 12:04 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri2003
OH yea and there is also The Macaroini (sp) Grill + another place next store (can't think of the name of it right now)
Chili's. Ate lunch there today.

But I was thinking more in the valley, actually. The Wal*Mart / Sams / Petsmart / Best Buy / Target strip. There's a Longhorn, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, O'Charley's and a couple smaller joints around there in that huge parking lot alone. And if it gets dark... They have the bright lights.

But, that's just my suggestion. Not sure how keen they are on people having meets there.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #114 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Sound like a good spot to me. It's even closer to home. I don't think we would have any problems from anyone but then again you never know.

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #115 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

sounds like a plan to me.
post #116 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 12:53 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani GK
Chili's. Ate lunch there today.

But I was thinking more in the valley, actually. The Wal*Mart / Sams / Petsmart / Best Buy / Target strip. There's a Longhorn, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, O'Charley's and a couple smaller joints around there in that huge parking lot alone. And if it gets dark... They have the bright lights.

But, that's just my suggestion. Not sure how keen they are on people having meets there.
I work at Target, and as long as we're not making a ton of noise, I doubt they'd care. And if they did send security out, the security guys and me get along pretty well so they'd probably pretend we're not there. But, the mall probably has a lot more parking and open areas. Maybe someone should call the mall up just to make sure it's OK?

Last edited by yg17; 04-16-2004 at 12:57 AM.
post #117 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

yg17 make sure you take may 15th off. Thats one month in advance so you should be good. We wanna make sure you're gonna show up. So dont forget.

p.s. Hows the car coming along? Is it fixed yet?
post #118 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 02:17 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:

p.s. Hows the car coming along? Is it fixed yet?
It's been to Hughes auto body up by Dean Team in Ballwin for the estimate, now I'm just waiting for the parts to come in. he told me they should be in Monday, then they'll have the car for a couple days and we get a rental from her insurance company

post #119 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 10:08 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
yg17 make sure you take may 15th off. Thats one month in advance so you should be good. We wanna make sure you're gonna show up. So dont forget.
...Yeah, because *someone* is potentially missing a concert for one of his favourite bands to attend this.

Not complaining, just pointing out. You're all being given advance warning, everyone should be in attendance.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #120 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 11:43 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani GK
...Yeah, because *someone* is potentially missing a concert for one of his favourite bands to attend this.

Not complaining, just pointing out. You're all being given advance warning, everyone should be in attendance.
yep, I'll be there.

anyone have a carbon blue Tib and was on Schoetler road out in Chesterfield this morning? I saw it, and it's exhaust didn't sound stock, just wondering if thats anyone here

post #121 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 10:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

So we have heard back from Tuscani-I4, Tuscani GK and yg17 but it seems like we are the only ones to post about this. Is there going to be more people coming? I was just wondering because I haven't seem anything from all the other people from the list.

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #122 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

I'll be PMing them soon. I already PMed phlash about it and I plan on PMing everybody else.
post #123 of 33857 Old 04-16-2004, 11:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Emir's the front-runner here. Our appointed leader and mascot.

...Or at least, he has my vote.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #124 of 33857 Old 04-17-2004, 10:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

rock37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad this is on the move now. I am off that weekend so i should be there. Anyone need help with mods? Just make a list so we know what kind of tools to bring. See ya there Todd

[
post #125 of 33857 Old 04-18-2004, 02:55 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

4ndream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all! I wish I could have found this when I lived in STL. I live in Poplar Bluff now, but I will definitely be interested in coming back for a meet. The only problem is I have to do it on a Sunday (work every Saturday). I am really tired of seeing only Civics and Eclpises, oh, and smoking their a$$e$ on the street down here.

American Beauty...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.