980K views 34K replies 238 participants last post by  rippmodstibi 
#1 · (Edited)
The missouri thread will never die. :biggrin:

So, lets start talking about the meet.

Date: April or May. (open opinions)

#81 ·
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Tuscani-I4 said:
Well guys, we'll be pushing the date by couple of weeks. The 24th is out of the question and the 1st of may is not good for me because the week following that I will be having finals. The 8th of may or maybe the 15th could be good. What do you say?
That works for me. My little fender-bender will definitley be fixed by May, I wasn't sure if she'd be fixed up in time for an April meet.

Oh, and if you're in the Chesterfield area and see some old woman with red hair driving a Jeep Cherokee, hit the gas and get as far away from her as you can :D

#82 ·

Tuscani-I4 said:
Well guys, we'll be pushing the date by couple of weeks. The 24th is out of the question and the 1st of may is not good for me because the week following that I will be having finals. The 8th of may or maybe the 15th could be good. What do you say?
I was thinking April was going to come and go a little quickly. I mean, hell, it's already the 5th. This whole YEAR has flown by so far.

May sounds best; weather should be great, not too hot and not too cool. I can't wait for the nice weather to come and stick around for a bit.

#83 ·

yg17 said:
Oh, and if you're in the Chesterfield area and see some old woman with red hair driving a Jeep Cherokee, hit the gas and get as far away from her as you can :D
Note made. If I see her, ------> :3_zoefzoe
Yeah I think may will be best. Still not sure when in may but the best date will be the 15th or later. 8th is to early to too. So mark your calenders peeps. May will be it. :3_smile:

#84 ·

Hey, stupid question...

...Where do you guys go around here shop-wise? Like, if you were to have anything done, where would you recommend going? A while back, I was looking for decent shops in the area and um... I really couldn't find any.

#85 ·

Tuscani GK said:
Hey, stupid question...

...Where do you guys go around here shop-wise? Like, if you were to have anything done, where would you recommend going? A while back, I was looking for decent shops in the area and um... I really couldn't find any.
body shop? parts shop?

if it's body shop, we had some work on a Ford Focus done at Hughes Auto Body and chances are that's where my Tibby will be getting fixed too, they do good work. They're in the same parking lot as Dean Team Hyundai in Ballwin.

#89 ·

yg17 said:
whats the name of the shop and where's it at?
Kurt's Carstar, um... It's in Maryville, IL. Near Collinsville, Edwardsville, Granite City, Troy... If you need directions or whatnot, I can get them for you. They usually deal directly with your insurance company, so you don't need to have estimates and whatnot done, so long as you make a claim.

#90 ·

This has nothing to do with Tibs, but has anyone seen a black Lambo (dont know which model) driving around Chesterfield? I saw it Monday on my way to work, damn that's a sweet car. :m_bhitit: Anyone know who owns it?

#92 ·

Tuscani-I4 said:
I would sure like to know. I would make friends with him/her first and then I'd ask for a test drive. I think that would work.
And the guy looked like he was going the speed limit (40 MPH) which is amazing. I know if I had that car, I'd be so tempted to speed like crazy and pray that my radar detector gave me plenty of warning :D

#93 ·

Does anyone have a silver Tib (I think it was a GTV6) with clear corners that was getting gas at the Mobil on Ladue and Green Trails? Since it had the clear corners mod, I thought that maybe it's an enthusiast registered here.

I was the kid in the blue shirt in the passenger side of that green prelude (my friends car) at the pump across from you.

#96 ·

Yup that was me. I work in the building up the street from there in the same subdivison. I saw the guy putting gas in the prelude but I didn't see anyone else in there. Strange. Why didn't you come out and talk to me? I watched him drive away cause I noticed that it was very loud. Sounded good at idle but got really loud while driving. I can only imagine what it sounds like inside the car. Still, it was nice. I've always wanted a prelude. Sadly I have to say I won't get to drive the tib for awhile because I had it for about 2 weeks and now my wife wants to drive it. :(

#97 ·

bri2003 said:
Yup that was me. I work in the building up the street from there in the same subdivison. I saw the guy putting gas in the prelude but I didn't see anyone else in there. Strange. Why didn't you come out and talk to me? I watched him drive away cause I noticed that it was very loud. Sounded good at idle but got really loud while driving. I can only imagine what it sounds like inside the car. Still, it was nice. I've always wanted a prelude. Sadly I have to say I won't get to drive the tib for awhile because I had it for about 2 weeks and now my wife wants to drive it. :(
I was inside the gas station for a second but shortly after I came out and got back into the lude you pulled up, so yeah, I was there. And if I would have known you were from NT I would have talked to you :3_winkthu

Yeah, the exhaust is loud as hell, but I couldn't tell you what it was like inside the car, he had his crappy rap music turned up full blast. But I've heard it before being outside of his car and it's very loud.

BTW, I take Green Trails to Ladue to get to school (Parkway Central High) so if you're ever around there around 7:40 in the morning and see a black Tib, it's probably me.

#98 ·

I usually get to work between 7 and 7:30 so I most likely just miss you. I work in one of the two building on 14220 Ladue. Take a look next time your down there and you might see the car. It's hard to say when it will be there because my wife and I share it a lot. She has it more then I do since she only has an 8 mile drive to work and I have a 19 mile drive.

#99 ·

Hey guys, I have been in St. Louis for 4 weeks now and I see Tibs everywhere and evrytime I make contact, I get no response. Except for the Lime Green Gen 2 model that played follow the leader with me doin 95 on 40 east my 2nd day here, if you're on here, you're a cool mo-fo! The company has me in an aprtment in Creve Coure on Olive Blvd.. I am amazed at the amount of Acuras and how friendly they are. I have been to 2 Acura meets, and a Honda meet, now how do I get hooked up with my fellow Tib owners? I also have been given the blessing to head up Deviant Konceptz North from Trojan. So if you see a silver Tib with a windshield DK banner, TX plates, CC headlights with paint matched bezels, CF cipilars , CF door sashes, mesh grill work, 3.5" billet antenna, Tuscani logos, dropped 2 inch with Mussa angled exhaust and roaring from my no cat free flow intake/exhaust setup...call 8326564549, so I can hook up!!!!! I will only be in the city until May 1, then I head to Carbondale, IL to open the restaurant.
Also, the world of wheels sucked!!! What a waste of $!!!

#100 ·

I tried to make it to the show but ended up working because another manager called off. (F***er). The tib meet will sadly be around mid MAY because some people cant make it at the beginning of the month including me. May 15th or later is what we expect. But I read you're opening a restaurant. We are trying to have lunch at a restaurant when we have the meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.