The Official MISSOURI Thread - Page 6 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #126 of 33857 Old 04-18-2004, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuscani-I4 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Well guys, I have some news.
Me and Mike(tuscani GK) have decided to go to the tibathon meet. The meet is from the 6th till 9th of july. Basically we leave monday and come back on saturday. My reason for posting this here is to find out if anybody else from STL or somewhere outside of STL wanna join me and mike on the trip to Vegas. Please feel free to post you comments. We are looking for people to come with us to make the trip more fun and to represent STL, Missouri.
That is a 2 months in advace notice. So what do you guys say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #127 of 33857 Old 04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

...This means you, everyone. Cost saving is in effect here. The more, the cheaper. Of course, we're getting a little beater car from Enterprise, so... It'll be cramped.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #128 of 33857 Old 04-18-2004, 11:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

yg17 is an unknown quantity at this point

nah, I couldnt go to vegas

2 things...

1. Anyone have a Silver Tiburon and was at Target in Chesterfield? It was towards the back of the lot in employee parking, so Im wondering if it's anyone here. We just got a bunch of new people who started there, so if you got a new job at Target and that's your Tib, I wanna know who you are

2. Saw this on another message board I frequent, St. Louis Street Racing (i dont race, I was dragged there by a friend )
Quote:
aight so check it. i was at QT in st. peters and this bad ass black tiburon pulls up.....sounds like a ****in jet...full body kit, lambo doors....engine modded like a mother ****er(i wanted to ejaculate all over it but i held myself back). the window sticker said somethin like immaculate creations or somethin like that.....anyone else seen it? i got a business card...and talked to him for a bit....the shops club will be at nopi this year so i figure that'll be somethin to check out....anyone got info on it or anything shoot me a p.m.
Sounds like they could possibly be a member here, being a Tib enthusast and all...just wondering.

2009 Volkswagen GTI 6-speed. Completely stock. Yeah....that's about it.

post #129 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 04:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

lucifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, May 15 is the date, but what is the location? I am going to try and make it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
post #130 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 05:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

PinkTiburon is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Chesterfield sounds like a GREAT idea! I work at the Factory Card right next to Target in the Valley. Also, am i the only girl planning on attending? Haha.
I'm in and out of here lately, but I try to check up. I can definetly be there if it's in Chesterfield, not so sure otherwise.
Lemme know!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep. It's really pink.
post #131 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 06:04 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTiburon
I think Chesterfield sounds like a GREAT idea! I work at the Factory Card right next to Target in the Valley. Also, am i the only girl planning on attending? Haha.
I'm in and out of here lately, but I try to check up. I can definetly be there if it's in Chesterfield, not so sure otherwise.
Lemme know!!!
Just read your PM, now I know who drives those 2 Tibbys.

Your manager must put in a ton of hours, I'm always seeing that white Tibby there

post #132 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 06:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

I'm thinking we're doing this in the HUGE parking lot in front of Target. Last I checked it was vacant and there was no construction going on. Things might have changed... yg? What's it look like over there?

Edit: I spell like a ****tard.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

Last edited by Tuscani GK; 04-19-2004 at 08:52 PM.
post #133 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 07:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani GK
I'm thinking we're doing this in the HUGE parking lot in front of Target. Last I checked it was vacant and there was no construction going on. Things might have thanged... yg? What's it look like over there?
Still pretty vacant. Not only in front of Target, but down by the end of the little strip (not the end closest to WalMart, the other end). Nothing's open over there, so the parking lot's virtually empty.

Also, there's a street behind the entire shopping center that runs from Target all the way down to Lowes, it's at least a mile long and there's never any traffic on it. Speed limit is 35, but as long as you have a radar detector it isn't a bad spot to floor your Tib and show off anything you got under the hood

Last edited by yg17; 04-19-2004 at 08:01 PM.
post #134 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 08:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
Still pretty vacant. Not only in front of Target, but down by the end of the little strip (not the end closest to WalMart, the other end). Nothing's open over there, so the parking lot's virtually empty.

Also, there's a street behind the entire shopping center that runs from Target all the way down to Lowes, it's at least a mile long and there's never any traffic on it. Speed limit is 35, but as long as you have a radar detector it isn't a bad spot to floor your Tib and show off anything you got under the hood
WOOT! CAI test zone established. I got a Passport Solo. It's... Not the BEST detector around, but it'll suffice.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #135 of 33857 Old 04-19-2004, 11:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

4ndream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, what do you guys think about port and polished upper and lower intake manifolds and throttle body. What kind of gains can I expect? I have a guy that will do all of this for me for $250. He is really good, he builds race car engines, usually over 1000 whp. The last one was running in the low to mid 7's in the 1/4.

American Beauty...
post #136 of 33857 Old 04-21-2004, 10:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Just read your PM, now I know who drives those 2 Tibbys.

Your manager must put in a ton of hours, I'm always seeing that white Tibby there
We both put in at least 45 a week, so yeah. Haha

Yep. It's really pink.
post #137 of 33857 Old 04-21-2004, 10:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:

This is true, but the Chesterfield cops are bastards. *has a bit of spite*
Lotsa Tibs + clean, straight stretch of road = trouble.

Yep. It's really pink.
post #138 of 33857 Old 04-22-2004, 08:19 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTiburon
This is true, but the Chesterfield cops are bastards. *has a bit of spite*
Lotsa Tibs + clean, straight stretch of road = trouble.
True on all counts...

Oh well, it's still better than nothing. And I still think Target is our best bet at this point. Probably outer-corner of their parking lot, near the highway.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #139 of 33857 Old 04-22-2004, 10:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bri2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

What time on May 15th are we gathering? I just found out that I have a sprinker guy coming out between 8-12 that day and my wife will be out of town so I need to home. If it's anytime after noon I shouldn't have a problem being there.

2003 Super Silver V6 Tiburon:
Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #140 of 33857 Old 04-22-2004, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

I think it will be from 12 till later. The day is much longer now so more time for us to hang out.
post #141 of 33857 Old 04-22-2004, 12:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

any time is good, Ill try to get the whole day off.

the outer corner works for me

post #142 of 33857 Old 04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani-I4
I think it will be from 12 till later. The day is much longer now so more time for us to hang out.
Yeah, I was thinking we could get together around 2 or 3, actually. Mess around with the cars for a bit (as I know Emir and I are installing Injen CAI's that day), "meet and greet", etc. Dinner around 5 or 6, depending on how things go. Then, I dunno... Depends on how well people get along and what else we plan between now and then. We have about a month to get this together.

Any other ideas?

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #143 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 12:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

rallyredracer is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to come that day im gonna try to get off of work to come i work at Best Buy @crestwood car stereo installer so i dont think ill be able to get off till later that day possibly.. i know who drives the white tibby with the crooked tuscani emblems on it at the valley best buy thats my friend doug he is the head computer tech there no mods yet for his car.. ill try to show up though.. i want to meet some of you guys. im not really a newbie i was on the old site but i changed my name and it made a damn newbie but o well .....Eric
post #144 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

I have marked my calender, and cleared the entire day. I hope the weather cooperates. How many of us have confiremed? I have noticed there are a couple of other people from around the area on the boards, but have not seen them in here. Phlash (sp?) is from Eureka and there was a couple of others I noticed. Should I try an PM them to see if they would be intrested?
post #145 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer
I have marked my calender, and cleared the entire day. I hope the weather cooperates. How many of us have confiremed? I have noticed there are a couple of other people from around the area on the boards, but have not seen them in here. Phlash (sp?) is from Eureka and there was a couple of others I noticed. Should I try an PM them to see if they would be intrested?
lucifer, most of them know already. Phlash might not make it since he will be attending a wedding that day. I have not heard from: terry, jumpman, hans_pfall, Isis, and Myerac Scythe (hopefully).

p.s.rallyredracer, I visit that best buy every weekend. I see a red tib parked there everytime. If you see me I'm the guy in the black tib with the white rims.
post #146 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 02:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

rallyredracer is an unknown quantity at this point

im locked in the cave in the back where we install so i never get to see any cars unless they drive around back ...........looking forward to seeing you guys on the 15 th hopfully im on here like everyday i work so feel free to talk away........... i get bored at work alot lol im the pres of a small car club called wide open throttle racing we are on stlsr alot i go to their meets alot . i need some korean cars to hang out with
post #147 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 05:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Tuscani-i4, thanks. I had not noticed them here so I thought I would ask.
post #148 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 05:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jumpman is an unknown quantity at this point

I will try to get up there...

If it's a nice day it will kinda suck to be in the car tho. Would much rather be on the bike.

Oh well...see what happens I guess.
post #149 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 07:29 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman
I will try to get up there...

If it's a nice day it will kinda suck to be in the car tho. Would much rather be on the bike.

Oh well...see what happens I guess.
bike as in motorcycle? Youre still welcome if you bring that. As long as it isn't a Civic, I don't think any of us discriminate

post #150 of 33857 Old 04-23-2004, 09:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

4ndream is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate work!!!!

American Beauty...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.