The Official MISSOURI Thread - Page 7 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 33857 Old 04-24-2004, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tuscani-I4 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndream
I hate work!!!!
I know what you mean. I couldn't go to the autorama car show because of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 33857 Old 04-24-2004, 10:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

4ndream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, but I will be in the STL on Friday the 30th if any of you guys want to get together and grab some food and talk about cars. Kind of a pre-meet meet, or something like that.

American Beauty...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 33857 Old 04-24-2004, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

I still dont know how the 30th will look . I may be off or I may end up working. I'd sure love to meet with ya if I'm off work. I'll let you know.

post #154 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 AM
NewTiburon.com God

yg17 is an unknown quantity at this point

If a few others will be meeting on the 30th, I might be able to join you.

All depends on plans at home and if I even have a car or not. She's going in Monday to finally get fixed after I got rear ended. Body shop says 1-2 days for repair, but you never know.

Also, now we may want to think twice about using that street behind the Valley for showing off anything. I drove down that street from work to Lions Choice to grab lunch and there was actually a chesterfield popo with his radar out, he actually caught someone. So if anyone does want to use it, you'll probably want to drive down it once going the speed limit and check for the cops.

2009 Volkswagen GTI 6-speed. Completely stock. Yeah....that's about it.
post #155 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
If a few others will be meeting on the 30th, I might be able to join you.

All depends on plans at home and if I even have a car or not. She's going in Monday to finally get fixed after I got rear ended. Body shop says 1-2 days for repair, but you never know.

Also, now we may want to think twice about using that street behind the Valley for showing off anything. I drove down that street from work to Lions Choice to grab lunch and there was actually a chesterfield popo with his radar out, he actually caught someone. So if anyone does want to use it, you'll probably want to drive down it once going the speed limit and check for the cops.
I will find out tomorrow if Im working or not. I hope not.
yg, I hope your ride gest fixed and be as good as new and thanx for the warning.
post #156 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:22 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
SEAN can only hope to improve

Quote:
Hey, but I will be in the STL on Friday the 30th if any of you guys want to get together and grab some food and talk about cars. Kind of a pre-meet meet, or something like that.

good luck meeting up with anyone...I lived in St. Louis for several years before moving to Atlanta...I have been back twice in last few months and posted similiar thread to no avail...don't think I will be moving back anytime soon...our meets here in ATL go fairlly well...have meet alot of peeps and made alot of new friends....
post #157 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

Tentatively, I MIGHT be able to make this. My mom's getting married the following day, so I'm not sure. Depends on if anything comes up that night...

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #158 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAN
good luck meeting up with anyone...I lived in St. Louis for several years before moving to Atlanta...I have been back twice in last few months and posted similiar thread to no avail...don't think I will be moving back anytime soon...our meets here in ATL go fairlly well...have meet alot of peeps and made alot of new friends....
well sean, It might be because we people who lived in st.louis never had a meet and everybody is busy working, including me. Nobody has ever met anyone in person. Thats why we are lacking behind. I believe once we have our first time meet, it will be much easier to do a second one.
post #159 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 12:50 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani-I4
well sean, It might be because we people who lived in st.louis never had a meet and everybody is busy working, including me. Nobody has ever met anyone in person. Thats why we are lacking behind. I believe once we have our first time meet, it will be much easier to do a second one.

I work 14 hours a day....believe me I know what work is but I was really disappointted not one person posted on last 2 visits back to St. Louis...I saw alot of Tibs while there but none with any mods close to matching mine...we have had at least 3 official meets here and several unofficial meets in last year...I hope ya"ll get it together...I have been reading thread for months and sounds like ya"ll have a million excuses including work not to meet up...JUST DO IT as Nike says....best of luck
post #160 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

About the excuses I cant do nothing about. People have things to do. Believe me sean, I want this meet to happen badly, but we just have never done it before. I see so many stock tibs on the road you wont even believe. I just wanna chase them all down and tell them about NT, but ehh. I even drove next to a teal tib for almost 2 miles and the guy didn't even look over.
You coming to stl I knew about but since I had school and work I didnt bother posting to tell you I cant make it.
post #161 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 01:43 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

bri2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

To get off topic a little bit , today I pick up a Black 2003 Santa FE V6. So I guess with the tib and now this I really have my own Hyundai family. I will most likely be driving this from now on. yg17 if you see a Black Santa Fe at the gas station on Ladue that's me.

2003 Super Silver V6 Tiburon:
Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #162 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 01:55 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri2003
To get off topic a little bit , today I pick up a Black 2003 Santa FE V6. So I guess with the tib and now this I really have my own Hyundai family. I will most likely be driving this from now on. yg17 if you see a Black Santa Fe at the gas station on Ladue that's me.
how do you like it? Ive never been in one, but they seem like nice cars.

So, is the meet definitley on for May 15th? Because I already got that day off work.

post #163 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 10:00 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Hey guys about the 30th. I am getting my car serviced and will be done around 4-430. If you want to meet, lets do it. If not, then I will take a chance just riding around. Maybe I will bump into someone. If I see a modded Tib, then I am going to follow.

American Beauty...
post #164 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 10:08 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Are ther any SEMO Tibs, or is everyone from STL?

American Beauty...
post #165 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 10:57 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
how do you like it? Ive never been in one, but they seem like nice cars.

So, is the meet definitley on for May 15th? Because I already got that day off work.
I like it. I've had it for less then a day though. It's not the biggest SUV in the world but it is just right for what I need. It seems to ride a lot like my tib. Maybe cause it has the same engine. I swore I would never own a black car again but it seems everyone has a silver one. Other then that it's pretty nice.

Clear Corners, Blue Calipers, Vinyl Eyelines, High Spoiler Upgrade, Metal pedals, 3pc Dash Replacement, Kenwood CD Player, Rewired Sub

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #166 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 11:13 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri2003
I like it. I've had it for less then a day though. It's not the biggest SUV in the world but it is just right for what I need. It seems to ride a lot like my tib. Maybe cause it has the same engine. I swore I would never own a black car again but it seems everyone has a silver one. Other then that it's pretty nice.
My black tib is a ***** to keep clean, but I still think it looks best

If I ever needed an SUV, I'd also probably go for a Santa Fe or another smaller SUV. What I like about them is that they don't use up gas like there's no tomorrow like Hummers and expeditions do.

post #167 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 02:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Legend

Tuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura aboutTuscani GK has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
My black tib is a ***** to keep clean, but I still think it looks best

If I ever needed an SUV, I'd also probably go for a Santa Fe or another smaller SUV. What I like about them is that they don't use up gas like there's no tomorrow like Hummers and expeditions do.
...Just wait for the Tucson to come out. It'll be out later this year. Then you can have a "Tuscani" and a Tucson.

The Original
Site Moderator Syndicate
Retired

post #168 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 07:38 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I traded my 01 Sante Fe in on my 03 Tiburon...it was a great SUV and there are alot of mods you can do to it as well...mine had alot of custom stuff and DIY projects....got alot of info off the sante fe forum...great bunch of guys as well....
post #169 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Hey SEAN, where can i find the Santa Fe forum? As far as mods I was just planning to change the radio out, put my jl sub in, maybe replace the refectors on the back bumper with clear ones and get floor mats (mine didn't come with them). I don't think I'll do a lot cause any extra money I can spend on the cars I want to dump into the tiburon. One nice thing is it already has clear corners and has nice factory tint to it .

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #170 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

So your wife ows the tib now? I thought you got it and your wife the SUV but ehh, Im happy for you, congrats.
What will you be bringing to the meet the santa fe or the tib?

p.s. Im off on friday so if you wanna get together, Im game. What about you peeps?
post #171 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 08:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

The tib was mainly bought for my wife. Well here's the story, back in 2002 I had a 97 eclipse that I owed to much money on so we traded it in for the tiburon after my wife fell in love with it at the car show. Since I had to give up my car for it we agreed that we would share it. She would get it a couple of weeks then I would get it. Now the Santa Fe was bought for me. We will still switch on and off but I fell it will be more off then on . I will still bring the tiburon up for the meet. It's nice not driving the tib everyday cause when I do get to drive it it still fells like new.

Not sure if I can meet with you guys on Friday cause I leave to go out of town for work on Monday and won't be back till Wednesday. With being gone I'll have a lot of catching up for work so that means putting in long hours. But keep me up to date and I'll see what I can do.

2003 Black V6 Santa Fe:
Stock for now
post #172 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

well, best of luck with it. I hope you enjoy it.
post #173 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

I4, Friday is the 30th. If you guys are going to get together just tell me when.

American Beauty...
post #174 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
G-Power

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I4, Friday is the 30th. If you guys are going to get together just tell me when.
sorry, thats what I ment
Where are you getting your car serviced? Maybe I'll come over and see whats up. But yeah, if it gets done around 4-4:30, we can go eat and talk.
post #175 of 33857 Old 04-25-2004, 09:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscani-I4
sorry, thats what I ment
Where are you getting your car serviced? Maybe I'll come over and see whats up. But yeah, if it gets done around 4-4:30, we can go eat and talk.
St. Charles Hyundai. My appt. is at 3 so it should be done by then. When and where do you other guys plan on meeting?

American Beauty...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.