The Official MISSOURI Thread

980K views 34K replies 238 participants last post by  rippmodstibi 
#1 · (Edited)
The missouri thread will never die. :biggrin:

So, lets start talking about the meet.

Date: April or May. (open opinions)

#41 ·
Re: Official MISSOURI thread

Hey, to everyone. I know this is the MO., but I am from Ill. I spend 90% of my time here and want to come to the meet, because there is no one close to me with a Tib. I have talked with bri2003 about this already. I can't wait to meet everyone (if it is ok) and hope the weather is nice. Will be watching for confirmed place and time.

#42 ·

lucifer said:
Hey, to everyone. I know this is the MO., but I am from Ill. I spend 90% of my time here and want to come to the meet, because there is no one close to me with a Tib. I have talked with bri2003 about this already. I can't wait to meet everyone (if it is ok) and hope the weather is nice. Will be watching for confirmed place and time.
Awesome, and of course its ok for you to join us. The more the better. :3_winkthu

Tuscani-I4 (me)
Bri2003
Tuscani GK
Rock37
Isis
PinkTiburon
Phlash
Terry (hopefully)
Jumpman
Hans_pfall
yg17
lucifer
Myerac Scythe (hopefully)

#43 ·

I work every other weekend but i get off work at 230. Any weekend is good for me. I like the idea of having a get together. Get some good ideas on some mods. I live in Waterloo Il. and have a great garage for working on cars. Take care Todd

#44 ·

lucifer said:
Where in IL are you from? I'm technically from Collinsville, but I work in Chesterfield. Basically, my saying is... I live in Missouri, I sleep in Illinois. :D

#45 ·

Tuscani GK said:
Where in IL are you from? I'm technically from Collinsville, but I work in Chesterfield. Basically, my saying is... I live in Missouri, I sleep in Illinois. :D
Where in Chesterfield? I live there.....

and damn that must be a long drive in traffic

#46 ·

yg17 said:
Where in Chesterfield? I live there.....

and damn that must be a long drive in traffic
Technically, it's Town & Country, in the Maryville Business Centre. And yeah, it's about 60 miles round trip through rush hour traffic both ways. It's the absolute suck, but for being 22 and making upwards (eh, it's fun to say that) of $10 an hour... It's well worth it. :D

#47 ·

Was there anyone from the forum in O'fallon today (3-20-04)? I didn't see it but my brother-in-law saw a fixed up tiburon w/ a bodykit on it in my subdivison right down the street from my house. Just curious.

#48 ·

I have noticed there are a few of us that work in the Town&Country / Chesterfield area. Tuscani GK and bri2003 you two are about five minutes from me. Tuscani GK which building do you work in? Do either of you drive 270? Look for the red 03 in the fast lane.

#51 ·

The only time I'm on 270 is mainly on the weekends. I'm on 40 a lot to get to work. I'm so glad I don't have to drive 270 anymore. It seems to take forever to get anywhere with all the construction going on. I use to live off Telegraph Rd. and the drive to Town and Country would take me an hour if not more in the morning. Now living in O'fallon the drive down 40 takes about 20-30 mins. The funny thing is I live a mile further from work now.

#52 ·

I work in the 540 building.

And yeah, I used to take the 270 loop to get to work (as I live in Collinsville, IL), but about a year ago, I realized that I was throwing upwards of about 80 miles a day at my car. So, I just straightline thru the traffic on 40 and only do about 60 a day now. Also tends to be a bit quicker, because I leave early enough in the morning and afternoon to clear most of the traffic... And now that they tore down the on-ramp near the stadium, traffic doesn't back up near as badly getting on the bridge. Takes me about 30 minutes to go 30 miles. :D

#54 ·

lucifer said:
Don't you get slowed down at Brentwood? I live in Jerseyville (don't hold that against me).
It tends to drop from about 70mph to about 15mph at Brentwood, but as soon as you get past Hanley, it opens up again. Of course, this is around 4pm. Not sure what it's like any later than that...

#56 ·

Any thoughts on a date and time from anyone.

#58 ·

I think I can do either one of those dates.

#59 · (Edited)

Today I went out to the Best Buy in the Chesterfield Valley to pick up a couple CDs. I parked next to a white GT Tibby with Tuscani emblems. I didn't see any other mods, but it was raining pretty hard and wasn't about to stand outside and look closely. Is that anyone here? If so, nice car, but the Tuscani emblem on the hatch looks a little crooked :3_wink:

Any ideas on a place for the meet yet?

IMO, somewhere out in the Chesterfield Valley by Target would be a pretty good place. Out by Target, there's a huge open parking lot since not everything's built yet, and we're around several restauraunts if we want to get something to eat. Plus, if you guys are by Target and I'm stuck working on whatever day the meet is, I can try to be there for a few minutes on my break :D

#60 ·

yg17 said:
Today I went out to the Best Buy in the Chesterfield Valley to pick up a couple CDs. I parked next to a white GT Tibby with Tuscani emblems. I didn't see any other mods, but it was raining pretty hard and wasn't about to stand outside and look closely. Is that anyone here? If so, nice car, but the Tuscani emblem on the hatch looks a little crooked :3_wink:

Any ideas on a place for the meet yet?

IMO, somewhere out in the Chesterfield Valley by Target would be a pretty good place. Out by Target, there's a huge open parking lot since not everything's built yet, and we're around several restauraunts if we want to get something to eat. Plus, if you guys are by Target and I'm stuck working on whatever day the meet is, I can try to be there for a few minutes on my break :D
White tib with tuscani emblems? Don't know of anybody with a white tib. Hmmm

The original place we were going to have the meet was in forest park on a sunny day. We could have BBQ there and also mod the cars a little bit. But target sounds also good. What do you guys think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.