4Likes
  • 1 Post By oni888
  • 3 Post By NewTibOwner2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-26-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
East coat attractions.

I am asking this to people from the east coast.

My girlfriend and I will be making a small camping road trip on the east coast. We will be sleeping in our tent most of the time.

We plan on going to Atlantic city and Washington is probably the southest place we will go (we only have a week).

We are lookinh for outdoor activities like hiking, nice places for roller blades (we won't be bringing our bikes), sporty activities, anything that would give us some great experience and adventures if you understand what I mean. We are not professional in anything, so those activities need to be opened for anybody.

We are not afraid of heights or stuff like that. Climbing a mountain can be cool too (something that can be done within a day or 2 maybe).

So if you guys have anything to propose, we are opened to ideas!!

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 12:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
j_wilks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: East coat attractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTibOwner2011 View Post
We plan on going to Atlantic city and Washington is probably the southest place we will go (we only have a week).
Im originally from the east coast, south jersey, moved when i was three. But anyways, if you're gonna be in Atlantic City, I'd recommend crossing the bridge into Brigantine, its a little barrier island right next to AC, not really much to do there, but if you feel like taking a quick break on the beach, that's a nice place to do it. If you'd like i can try and get you a couple of the beach names that are less crowded.

When are yall making the trip?

Black pearl 2007 GS I4 Auto TIb named Loki to match my German Shepherd named Thor.
No major mods as of now, Planning on a lot this summer, We'll see
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about

consider getting off I95 in NJ where it meets I80 West (near NYC) and go about an hour into the Pocono mountains (there is a toll at the delaware river bridge when you leave NJ into PA). worth the bypass but it has gotten pretty busy there as its evolved from more of a resort into all year living. whitewater rafting, wild animal park, unique shops, Stroudsburg has a restored railroad roundhouse that is now a RR museum. probably can find hot air ballooning too. there is a state park campground just beyond the mountains on I80W, reasonable priced, tent camping allowed, has shower facilities. if you stay near the Delaware River in PA, drive south an hour or so and visit New Hope, PA. neat but unusual artsy folky type town. you will be right across the river from NJ and its easy to get back and head east to the jersey shore from there (theres interstates and such now). bypass Atlantic City and go a little further south on the Garden State Parkway into Wildwood. if you go into Washington, DC, definitely go to the Smithsonian Institute. if you are going over 4th of July weekend, there usually is a free concert at the Washington Monument. it is best to have an EZ Pass transponder with you on the toll roads as manned and cash lanes few and far between. at least have a small fortune in change with you. when in NJ, you must treat yourself to a Pizza (not from a chain like pizza hut)! hope you have a great time on your visit.
j_wilks likes this.

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 L4@165HP, 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.

Last edited by oni888; 04-27-2015 at 03:08 AM.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 09:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
j_wilks is an unknown quantity at this point

All of what @oni888 just said, definitely did a much better job on explaining stuff. Wildwood would be a lot better place to go, and my parents actually honeymooned in the Poconos and absolutely loved it(13 years ago). Good idea on all those attractions and stops!

Black pearl 2007 GS I4 Auto TIb named Loki to match my German Shepherd named Thor.
No major mods as of now, Planning on a lot this summer, We'll see
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I will start looking into those later this week. Poconos seems like a good place, we didn't think about it.

Dates are from July 16th to July 24th as of now, but might change depending on our jobs.
Charlie-III, oni888 and j_wilks like this.

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual
post #6 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 11:04 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
oni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura aboutoni888 has a spectacular aura about

me bad, got my S's mixed up. the railroad museum is in Scranton, PA, not Stroudsburg. its about an hour north of the Poconos. if you take I80 into Poconos, you wont be too far from @Charlie-III. might want to give him a call. heres the website for Steamtown National historic site:

Steamtown_National_Historic_Site Steamtown_National_Historic_Site

heres a site with all sorts of attractions in NY, NJ and PA. you might not make it as far as DC!

http://www.familydaysout.com/kids-th...ransportation/

Wife's car: 2008 GS, L4 AT Hypersilver. all Tuscani trim. metal silver trim plates, door handles, pulls and center fascia, some leather and many cat fur festooned interior parts. burn hole on rear seat along with stuffed kitty "Lucky." Traded 2/25/16 for a 2012 Black Kia Soul+, 2.0 L4@165HP, 6speed auto. 42k miles, all bells and whistles. no Gerbils(or Hamsters) but stuffed kitty "Lucky" has back seat (no burn hole)all to himself.

Last edited by oni888; 04-27-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.