The Official MINNESOTA Thread - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #26 of 9900 Old 03-15-2004, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Black Spectre is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: MN Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStrande
Great if I see that name I will ask. I saw you have your car posted up on cardomain.com. I like the selection of rims you have chosen. Nice car! Are there alot of people from this site with their cars posted on cardomain.com? I have set up a webpage on there but am working on getting pictures to put up there now.
Thanks, I believe there are quite a few of us on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A51Abductee
Guess I'm number 7.. located in Minneapolis/Downtown. Picked up the car earlier this month, having alot of fun with it so far. Done nothing to it except swapped in an S2000 antenna. Great site, hope to see you guys around
Welcome, we're finally getting some MN flavor around here, 'bout time! Let's see if we can't get a few more to come out of the woodwork and post up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahDeus
Yea, I'd be down for something in april, this weekend is a little too short notice..we should all get together, meet and everything. If you guys wanna do some photo shoots, there's a place off of 1st ave with small parking lot right next to a building whos whole wall (200ft or so in length) is done up in some pretty sweet grafitti. Would be a very nice spot to take some pics of our tibs.
Assuming I have my car back by April, I'd definitely be up for a meet. (Just ordered my body kit this weekend, should be here in 2 to 3 weeks )

Quote:
Nice, a photoshoot might be a great icebreaker for us. Man my car is really filthy though right now.. Black Spectre, keeping a black car clean in MN sure is a pain hehe. I hit 1000 miles over the weekend.. gonna add about another 700 miles this weekend on a road trip.

On a side note I was wondering if any of you have leather seats.. car's almost new and mine are already looking worn. Cheap Hyundai leather or something?
Black car + MN winter = impossible to keep clean. and yeah, our leather ain't teh greatest...

Quote:
Cool MahDeus I just read another thread, looks like its a chronic problem w/ the leather, I'll be sure to condition it ASAP too. Might be cheap but ah well for $20k you take what you can get I guess

Ordered a passenger side cupholder from some place in Korea last night.. solves another minor annoyance w/ my Tib hehe
NWAutoleather.com. just had a GB on their leather seat covers and might be doing it again if your interested. I'm planning on getting the 2 toned green and black covers w/ door inserts if and when they run another one.
btw... good luck with the cupholder install, I heard it was a PITA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 9900 Old 03-15-2004, 03:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

A51Abductee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the leather info, looks like NW has some quality stuff.

Haha.. I'll keep ya posted on the cupholder

-+- 2004 GT 6-Sp Jet Black w/ Ultra Sports Package 3 + blabla.

post #28 of 9900 Old 03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

DStrande is an unknown quantity at this point

So someone set a date in April and figure out a location to meet and I will certainly be there. It doesnt need to be anyplace special, but the 1st ave idea sounds good.

post #29 of 9900 Old 03-17-2004, 11:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

MahDeus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we should wait a little bit until we know more about Black Spectres time frame w/ his kit. It would be nice to set this up when he has his new body kit installed. I know I wanna see it! There's a few other MN people out there ("cough" timmy,t-u-s-c-a-n-i) that haven't responded, it would be great to have them there as well
post #30 of 9900 Old 03-17-2004, 10:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

timmy_mpls

Ok fellas (ladies if any in MN) I'm down for whatever, i live in SW mpls, so lakes area is nice too...(calhoun with downtown in the background) I still kinda think it's too early to do sumthin, maybe in april like you said before. (that reminds me, taxes = mod money ) but yeah i'm down for anything, and i've seen a few down by the U too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- i know my brake light is out -
post #31 of 9900 Old 03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ghostraven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all! Sorry I've been away for awhile. Going through a change of jobs atm. But I would also be interested in hooking up with ya. I have a silver Tib here in North Mpls. Who all is going to the show this Saturday? I'll probably be out there.

-Ghost
post #32 of 9900 Old 03-19-2004, 09:10 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Well I will wait to hear of something being setup, and then count me in. Wont be at the Auto Show, but will be at World of Wheels. I hope to see several other Tibs and meet some cool people when we meet up.

"Thats nice. What is that, metal?"
post #33 of 9900 Old 03-20-2004, 06:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

rs carbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats up
I'm #? carbon blue tib,russi kit ,new exaust,built intake, wood interior kit,built shifter and all knobs out of zebra wood,shift light,built angle eyes ,built clear corners and still looking for things to do.arn't these things fun?thay will run,had her up to 152 funnnnnn.
post #34 of 9900 Old 03-20-2004, 09:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs carbon
Whats up
I'm #? carbon blue tib,russi kit ,new exaust,built intake, wood interior kit,built shifter and all knobs out of zebra wood,shift light,built angle eyes ,built clear corners and still looking for things to do.arn't these things fun?thay will run,had her up to 152 funnnnnn.

Very nice! Great havin another MN tib on the forums, this community is pretty darn cool I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but have learned quite abit about my dear Tib here. Looks like we're trying to get a GT together some time soon..to meet and take pics and stuff you should come and let us check out your ride
post #35 of 9900 Old 03-21-2004, 01:04 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Whats up
Welcome aboard man. I look forward to checking out your ride. Currently am working on a chessboard that features some zebra wood. So your tib holds a bit of interest for me.

-Ghost
post #36 of 9900 Old 03-21-2004, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostraven
Welcome aboard man. I look forward to checking out your ride. Currently am working on a chessboard that features some zebra wood. So your tib holds a bit of interest for me.

-Ghost
Hey, I'd love to see your board. Can you take any pics of it? Kind of a chess nut...

post #37 of 9900 Old 03-21-2004, 08:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

rs carbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dudes, sorry I forgot to put my link in.hear it is.Http://members.cardomain.com/rshoop would like to get together to check out other peoples rides,just let me know where and when.
post #38 of 9900 Old 03-21-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Dudes, sorry I forgot to put my link in.hear it is.Http://members.cardomain.com/rshoop would like to get together to check out other peoples rides,just let me know where and when.
Looks good. New wheels would really set that car off.

post #39 of 9900 Old 03-21-2004, 04:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Nice ride man. The wood interior gives it a refined look most people son;t have in there Tib's. Oh and I don't have any pics of the chessboard now as it has been put on the shelf while my work schedule gets hammered out. But I'll get some to you when I pull it out again. The italian marble squares cost me a fortune and I don't wanna risk chpping them up just for photo's.

Here is my car....
post #40 of 9900 Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

So how was the auto show and how many people met up? What kinda sweet new rides are out for this year or next?

post #41 of 9900 Old 03-22-2004, 06:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

I did my badges on Sat, had time to stop and take a few pics @ that gt site I was talkin about. All our cars lined up along that wall would make a sweet shot. It was cold and windy so we didn't have time to set up for some real good ones. Whatta think?

Click for more

ain't she purrdy...heh
post #42 of 9900 Old 03-22-2004, 08:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

I got screwed outta being able to hit the show myself. Looks like work may be forcing me to miss the world of Wheels as well. But once training is over I can settle into my schedule and actually do things I plan to do. Oh yeah and that is purdy hehe.
post #43 of 9900 Old 03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Nice badge work on the Tib! Lookin' at those pics, I'd say that looks like a great spot to hit up and take pics of all the rides. I think with a nice selection of colors for cars to match the different colors on the wall, that would make for some nice shots. I am just waiting to hear of a date and time as to when people can get together and meet. I am not sure where that wall is, but I believe you said it was on or near 1st ave. and I surely know where that is.

post #44 of 9900 Old 03-24-2004, 12:10 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Hey mahdeus... What do they custom plates run here.... Too lazy to get off my ass and find out but I gotta renue my license next month so..... who knows.
post #45 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 12:39 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Nice pics MahDeus, that site is just a stone's throw from my area of downtown, would be great to meet up w/ you all there anytime.

Couldn't resist taking a little road trip. Couple pics of mine up at Lake Superior from a few weekends ago if you care:
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~qure0005//tib01.jpg
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~qure0005//tib02.jpg

I've seen lotsa black and white Tibs, which are my personal favorites, but just curious to see if anyone out there in MN had a rally red or tidal blue or something else. I see DStrande has a silver one, nice.

Last edited by A51Abductee; 03-25-2004 at 12:45 AM.
post #46 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Those are beautiful. The north shore is my favorite place to get away from people. Tofte, MN.

Where'd your antenna go?

post #47 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 10:29 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Yeah I love my Super Silver Tib. I love silver in general. My car, girlfriends car, jewelry, etc. I hope we get a color selection around here in MN as it would be nice against that wall Mahdeus showed pics of.

post #48 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 12:46 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostraven
Hey mahdeus... What do they custom plates run here.... Too lazy to get off my ass and find out but I gotta renue my license next month so..... who knows.

I think we paid an extra 100$ at the time we bought the car, We had them down to such a great price we jus said "WTF it's always something I've wanted to do" so we added it onto the tax/title portion of the car when we paid for it. It only took the state 3 weeks to get them out to us as well. I think you can check prices (pretty sure all vanity plates are the same price) at the MN DMV website.

Nice pics A51!

I just picked up a new camera, If anyone wants to take pics this weekend I'd be down for that. I wanted to get some pics with my new anntena. Maybe go back to the same spot if anyone wants to meet. I can take pics and either run by my apt real quick and burn to a CD for someone or jus email them..but they do get kinda big

Goodbye 03

Hello 08

Last edited by MahDeus; 03-25-2004 at 12:51 PM.
post #49 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Thanks, its a great drive up there.. really nice way to unwind. Didn't quite make it as far as Tofte tho, turned around at Two Harbors. Good eyes there Black Spectre, I had pulled off the antenna that weekend in anticipation of the S2000 replacement.

Really dig those custom MahDeus plates on the Tib.. just on a side note MN has to have some of the best looking plates in the Union Woohoo MN.

M: What time where you thinking you'd be there on Saturday? Wonder if the weather will cooperate..

Last edited by A51Abductee; 03-25-2004 at 05:32 PM.
post #50 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Not sure what time, yea I looked at the weather and it looks like rain on Sat. If it's not raining or hasn't rained(cause the area would look kinda bad with standing puddles in the parking lot) I'll plan on being there around 2ish....but I'm open, if a better time works lemme know

Yea MN does have some pretty nice plates..the blue and white is great. I do love the look of it. Here's a link to the MN DMV 100$ for the plates ,Click on Speciality Plates..it will tell you all you need to know. One thing to keep in mind is if the word/name you want has been taken. Filling out the form they have online you need to choose more than one option but when I did mine at the dealer they were able to check with the DMV right away and "secure' the one I wanted (not that anyone else would have taken it...but you get the idea) so if your considering getting them my suggestion would be to goto the DMV yourself and have them check before you give them your $

Goodbye 03

Hello 08

Last edited by MahDeus; 03-25-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.