The Official MINNESOTA Thread - Page 3 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 9900 Old 03-25-2004, 09:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ghostraven is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MN Tibs

Yeah like I said I gotta renew my license and all so I'll check then. By the way A51 I see you got yours from Morries as well. How was your experiance? I'm down for Saturday but I gotta work at 4pm..... damn training...

hopefully my antenna comes tomarrow.... But my luck tends to lean to the no side of things hehe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 9900 Old 03-26-2004, 01:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

DStrande is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sitting here wishing I could meet up with you Sat. if weather cooperates but I cant as I am going to the WOW show at the convention center with my girl.
Give me notice when you gonna get together again after Sat.

"Thats nice. What is that, metal?"
post #53 of 9900 Old 03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

A51Abductee is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like rain on Saturday, kinda sux b/c the weather out there as I type this is perfect. Went for a drive during lunch w/ the windows and roof open.. love it. Let me know too when you are gonna get together after Sat.

Ghostraven: Yeah I got mine from Brooklyn Park too... they gave me the best price and % rate I could find in town, and I was impressed with their service staff, although I've only been in there twice so far. I was reading your comments about them on the other thread. The first week I had the car I realized that the passenger side vanity mirror was cracked (wierd ey), the service dept head pulled a visor off a new car on the lot and fixed mine right away. Later I was in for a 1000m oil chance, pretty flawless. I like how they have Saturday hours, even if its a bit limited. Only one in town to offer them as far as I know. All in all a pretty positive experience, my only concern is are they still gonna care about me after I send in their damned Hyundai Quality Assurance Survey heh.

-+- 2004 GT 6-Sp Jet Black w/ Ultra Sports Package 3 + blabla.

post #54 of 9900 Old 03-26-2004, 07:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

MahDeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, no go for this Sat then. ...today was perfect..too bad I'm stuck in an office building all day

Goodbye 03
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello 08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 9900 Old 03-26-2004, 09:37 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ah well no big. I don't think any of us are gonna move to another state tomarrow or anything so we got plenty of time. Just got my S2000 antenna on today. WOW what a difference. No longer does my shark have a fishing pole hangin outta it's arse!

A51 Yeah they did right by me and I've been in a few times. They also always give me a personal call a few days after service to make sure everything is still working right. There service department knows their **** to so they are expecting to be the MPLS H.A.R.D. service garage and vendor. Looking forward to that experiance.

Well gotta go back to work again for a few hours. Take care all. If any of you are planning to be at the WOW show on Sunday lemme know maybe I'll see ya out there.

-Ghost
post #56 of 9900 Old 03-28-2004, 10:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Well I have to say I was a bit dissapointed in the WOW event. Hell as far as imports go we coulda shown a stock Tib and looked better than some of the vehicles there. But my kids enjoyed the hell outta it and I did get to see some sweet old classics but for price of admission I expected a LOT more to look at. Ah well. It's not like we are offered a lot of choices here in MPLS. anyway so it was better than nothing.
post #57 of 9900 Old 03-29-2004, 10:02 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Well 2 things for this post;
One as far as Morrie's in BP goes, I had a terrible experience buying my car from them. My sales guy was descent, but the sales mgr. was a flat out dick. He tried to screw me over twice, one when I ordered my car and two when it didint come with the spoiler. The car I ordered came in with pinstriping on it which i never wanted or asked for, and it was hideous all together. Well they tried to charge me for taking it off. The car didnt come with a spoiler as it was suppose to and so they tried to charge me extra for that. Then they put the incorrect spoiler on and it all became a waste of my time to deal with them.
Now I have been there about 4-5 times for service on my car and the service dept. is pretty good there. I have dealt with Mike and Cory and so far those 2 are great to work with. I was actually in this past Friday for a missing bolt and there was a guy and his wife or girlfriend in there and just bought an 04 silver Tib GT V6.
(So if either of you two get on here, let me know.)

As for the WOW show, I agree that the show lacked quite a bit. The older hot rods were pretty nice, but as for the imports, there were only a few that were descent enough to look at. There was a grayish Supra there with matching wheels that looked pretty tight. I didnt see a ton of mods to it but looks-wise it was nice.
My buddy had his car in there if you saw the 96 Acura Integra GS-R painted candy apple red with chrome wheels, body kit, shaved doors, and so on. I was gonna give him a call now today and see if he placed or not. I will post again if he placed well.

post #58 of 9900 Old 03-29-2004, 10:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sinder is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to Morries too for service, as its the closest to St. Cloud. Owned my GT 03 since May 02. Have any of you guys done engine mods and had Morries make a fuss at all?
post #59 of 9900 Old 03-29-2004, 05:55 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

No engine mods yet but spoke about it with Mike while in for service one day. He didn't seem to have any issues with it so long as it wasn't pushing the engine out of it's safe zones. hehe.

Destrande I saw your buddies ride. Looked very clean and professional I wanted a pic of it but the way it was set up I couldn't get a decent shot so I had to pass. Is that his dailey driver? Looked as if it was still seeing the road but takin' care of.
post #60 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 01:03 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

*shark8m* is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: MN Tibs

yo.
shark8m back in town here in soCal

just got back from Iraq.......again.......

Hopefully now I'm getting out of the Marine Corps...And coming home to St. Paul/Minneapolis

I wonder how University Avenue is gonna be on the weekends this summer

never mind...i already know!
post #61 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Black Spectre is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

Hey, how're you doin'? Glad to see you made it back safely!
I bet the boards look different than when you left.

post #62 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

We've got a few new MN tibs here, maybe enough to get a few meets goin'?

post #63 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 09:59 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostraven
No engine mods yet but spoke about it with Mike while in for service one day. He didn't seem to have any issues with it so long as it wasn't pushing the engine out of it's safe zones. hehe.

Destrande I saw your buddies ride. Looked very clean and professional I wanted a pic of it but the way it was set up I couldn't get a decent shot so I had to pass. Is that his dailey driver? Looked as if it was still seeing the road but takin' care of.
Yeah I spoke with Mike and John(one of the techs) and they both had told me that people come in with stuff done all the time. mainly CAI, headers, exhaust, etc. Neither of them told me anything specific that would cause any kind of issue when you bring it in.

As for my buddies car, I agree it was parked a little akward in that grouping of cars and trucks it was in. I still took a few pics of it anyways. And that car is not his daily driver. He stores it all winter long, but does drive it over the summer when its nice out. I cant wait to see it in the near future as he is waiting for his new interior and tail light conversion to get to him. Did you notice the shaved doors? He had that done for about $800.

post #64 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 02:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

MahDeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by *shark8m*
yo
I wonder how University Avenue is gonna be on the weekends this summer

never mind...i already know!

Well university is getting more and more ghetto...Couple of friends of mine were shot at this past weekend just sitting in a parking lot hanging out. Here's the thread that discribes the ordeal... http://coyote.moozer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94

Goodbye 03

Hello 08
post #65 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Ugh, what a buch of f***tards! Glad to hear everyone's ok. I hope they catch those idiots.

post #66 of 9900 Old 03-30-2004, 05:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

I personally hate people such as that. If it was possible to return fire, I certainly would have, not to injure them, but ruin the damn car.

post #67 of 9900 Old 04-03-2004, 12:28 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

SilvTib is an unknown quantity at this point

hey whats up kinda forgot about our MN Forum for a while glad too see we have some new tibs in MN since i was last here. No one up north with me here whats up with that? LOL
post #68 of 9900 Old 04-03-2004, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Hey, I saw a nice black tib today, 18" chrome rims and an ATH body kit, Anyone we know?

Last edited by Black Spectre; 04-06-2004 at 08:22 PM.
post #69 of 9900 Old 04-06-2004, 12:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Anyone here play any Softball around town? If so what city, sponsor, nights, etc?? I will be playing Mon. in Eden Prairie for Gromek's Carpet, Wed. in Little Canada for HoggsBreath, Thurs. in Anoka with no sponsor. Let me know, I hope to see some of you around the fields.

post #70 of 9900 Old 04-07-2004, 11:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Not a ball player here sorry. Only on nice days with the kids up at their school hehe.

Good luck and I hope you have a good season.
post #71 of 9900 Old 04-10-2004, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Yo, rs carbon! I think I saw you today(or at least a tib that looked an awful lot like yours)
Were you goin' into chaska on hwy. 212 at about 5:10pm on friday?

Last edited by Black Spectre; 04-10-2004 at 03:34 AM.
post #72 of 9900 Old 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

rs carbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dude's, Ya Black Spec that was me.heading to checker to pick up some items to repair winter damage.guess you noticed no spoiler,had to repaint it also adding a few things that I didn't want to put on in the cold.anyone come up with a date and place to meet yet?got my clear tails from korea but not sure I'm ready to cut my OEM up yet.was hard enough to cut holes in the body to add the russi kit.got a nice strut bar from ada racing,a little much but fits nice.I would like to see what oyher people are doing with their rides
post #73 of 9900 Old 04-11-2004, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

(Thread Starter)

Yup, that was you. Looked good.
I'm still up for a meet too, although I'd like to wait till I have my kit on, which is expected to arrive by the end of April, so maybe like the first or second week of may?
For now, if you'd like to see what I'm doing with my tib you can check it out here or here. I'll be sure to update things as I get them.

post #74 of 9900 Old 04-11-2004, 05:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

May would be good for me as I am HELLA BUSY this month. Who knows maybe I'll get something done on my ride by then. I been just doing the nickel and dime **** right now hehe.

Hey D! I did notice the shaved doors on your buds ride. Where he get that done?

Oh yeah! It's getting nice out.... Anyone play paintball??
post #75 of 9900 Old 04-11-2004, 10:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

rs carbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dudes, Black Spec nice looking ride. may sounds good to me also but not the 15 thats fishing opener,got to catch some fish that weekend.I haven't looked hard yet but do you have to take your intake off to change your plugs? and did you notice any differance when you did?(as far as brand) talk latwer, again nice ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.