The Official MINNESOTA Thread - Page 396 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #9876 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 11:36 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Posting them in a sec. Won't let me post from my phone for some weird reason haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9877 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Re: The Official MINNESOTA Thread

well I guess I don't have enough posts to put up pictures.
post #9878 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 12:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Stock as it gets but haven't even got the plates yet lol. Hopefully getting some parts soon. Looking to get a short ram and intake manifold. Catback exhaust as well but I'm not sure if the cops will mess with me because of it in this town

Last edited by Afflicted; 04-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.

post #9879 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 12:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

can anyone else see the pictures or no? I cant. looks like x's
post #9880 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Phoebus will become famous soon enough
Garage

I cannot see the Pictures, But welcome anyways haha. If you are looking at getting a Cat back I would suggest DC Great quality and sound for the price. I have had DC, Borla and ARK catbacks so far and for the price DC are great. I suggest staying away from the cheap Ebay ones since they sound like crap.

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6sp Turbo?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT v6 5spd - Sold

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood
post #9881 of 9900 Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
kellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nice
My cheap crappy Ebay catback works just fine. It's been on my car since 2006.
post #9882 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 12:03 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Sounds good. I want to get those asap. I've still got to Google to see if my exhausts are stock. Seems like they may be. Just weird they got rubber on the inside of the tip.
post #9883 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 02:56 AM
NewTiburon.com God

kellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflicted View Post

Stock as it gets but haven't even got the plates yet lol. Hopefully getting some parts soon. Looking to get a short ram and intake manifold. Catback exhaust as well but I'm not sure if the cops will mess with me because of it in this town
post #9884 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: The Official MINNESOTA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflicted View Post
can anyone else see the pictures or no? I can't. looks like x's
In Chrome, "Right click, open in new tab", then I can see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
I cannot see the Pictures, But welcome anyways haha. If you are looking at getting a Cat back I would suggest DC Great quality and sound for the price. I have had DC, Borla and ARK catbacks so far and for the price DC are great. I suggest staying away from the cheap Ebay ones since they sound like crap.
In Chrome, "Right click, open in new tab", then I can see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydood View Post

[PS, I'll let Afflicted figure out why his pictures are not showing up.......]

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #9885 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 11:50 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Lucky for me I'm admin on other forums. I think this is a phpbb platform that has a ****** host to no be able to just upload images lol. Would be alot simpler.
post #9886 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 12:17 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I just wanted to bust out my Ray Charles meme.

I don't mess around with loading pics to the forum. Mine are all hosted externally.
Charlie-III and Afflicted like this.
post #9887 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

oh, this is an old version of vbulletin i think. i uses vbulletin 5. alot better but it costs some money so i dont blame the old platform i suppose ha.

post #9888 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 12:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I just happened to be at the place my car is stored today, so I fired it up and took a few pics. The outside looks basically the same as Afflicted's, just with 265/40/17 tires and a 2.5" drop. Oh, and my crap sounding SSA under-axle catback.

It's had a lot of **** done to it, though...turned DOWN to about 350 whp. It's dusty from being stored.

If you have questions, just ask. Josh has done a lot to his car as well, and I've had mine since 2004.

Don't be an annoying little ricer, though, or I'll probably just block you. I expect you to help yourself first and ask questions second.
Phoebus and Charlie-III like this.

Last edited by kellydood; 04-02-2016 at 12:34 PM.
post #9889 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 01:16 PM
NewTiburon.com God

shady will become famous soon enough

how did you fit the 265s with 2.5'' drop? I'm running 255s on 18's and looking at the bilstein coilovers, but they have minimum drop of 30mm (1.2 inches) and I'm concerned I'll have rubbing issues. That said, I have limited knowledge of the tib suspension so maybe I'm being paranoid?

Ps. Your car is cleanly done and bad ass
post #9890 of 9900 Old 04-02-2016, 03:32 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Thanks buddy.

Well, I bought them, and put em on there!

Seriously though, I used to run 245s back when, and figured 265s would clear. The fronts rub the inner fenders if I turn full lock, so I don't do that. No rub issues in the rear. I've got fractions of an inch to spare everywhere I look, and it really shouldn't work, but it does. They're bunched up on the rims, but airing down gives me a big fat footprint. It's all about picking up traction where I can.

Your problems, if you have them, are going to be your aftermarket rims, and going to 18s. ****, my Mini Cooper S with just a few bolt ons spins with 18s. You make like twice the power I do and you'll need all the help you can get.

I had coil overs at one time, and my buddy and I dropped it like 3.5 inches just to see what happened. It actually worked fine but I thought it looked silly. It was still on 245s and OE rims at that time.

Last edited by kellydood; 04-02-2016 at 03:37 PM.
post #9891 of 9900 Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

shady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks buddy.

Well, I bought them, and put em on there!

Seriously though, I used to run 245s back when, and figured 265s would clear. The fronts rub the inner fenders if I turn full lock, so I don't do that. No rub issues in the rear. I've got fractions of an inch to spare everywhere I look, and it really shouldn't work, but it does. They're bunched up on the rims, but airing down gives me a big fat footprint. It's all about picking up traction where I can.

Your problems, if you have them, are going to be your aftermarket rims, and going to 18s. ****, my Mini Cooper S with just a few bolt ons spins with 18s. You make like twice the power I do and you'll need all the help you can get.

I had coil overs at one time, and my buddy and I dropped it like 3.5 inches just to see what happened. It actually worked fine but I thought it looked silly. It was still on 245s and OE rims at that time.
Haha.... Thanks. I'll have to try your technique and just slap them on. Unfortunately I bought the 18s long before any engine mods so didn't quite plan right. Would be nice to have 17s, but don't want to put money into them and another set of Hankook's.

Trying to decide between Ark DT-Ps vs. D2 circuit series. Any thoughts? D2 is 14/12 front/back springs. Ark is 12/10.

Thanks,
Cam
post #9892 of 9900 Old 04-04-2016, 04:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Sorry bud...no opinion on either of those, although I would caution you to watch for an overly stiff spring rate.

My coilovers were the Quest/Mookeh that were big at that time, and they freakin sucked. Made my car bucky and I couldn't adjust it out. I still street drove the car quite a bit at that time, and I remember not being able to get a cup of coffee on the way in to work due to the ride.

I ended up going back to OE USP struts with cheapy DZ springs to regain my sanity. Unfortunately those USP struts have now seen better days. I'm again considering coilovers but haven't decided which ones to get.
post #9893 of 9900 Old 08-15-2016, 11:02 AM
NewTiburon.com God

You guys still alive?

I got my car out last weekend and plan to DD it for a week or so.
post #9894 of 9900 Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Garage

Quote:
You guys still alive?

I got my car out last weekend and plan to DD it for a week or so.
Nope all dead...

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood
post #9895 of 9900 Old 08-22-2016, 09:37 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I see that. Damn.
post #9896 of 9900 Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

A few of my friends and I are meeting up late on Saturday. I know none of you will go, but at least one of us is still active.

A few weeks ago, I ran into a girl who told me she's building a GK, but I didn't talk to her long. Doubt she posts here though.

I'll probably put my car away in a week or so, but I plan to start on it in January. With school done (for awhile) in December, I'm looking forward to picking up where I left off.
post #9897 of 9900 Old 08-24-2016, 08:38 PM
NewTiburon.com God

1000 miles on the car so far since I got it out. It's beating me up at the pump, but runs great (knock on wood).
Still can't believe I've hung on to it for over 12 years now.
post #9898 of 9900 Old 08-30-2016, 11:53 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Put my Tiburon back to bed for the year last night. I put over 1500 miles on it, and burned up about a half gallon of alcohol. That was the most it had been driven in the last two years, and it was a wild ride indeed!
Made me miss the days of rolling down to the midway with a group of 3-4 cars and racing all night long, stuffing our faces at Mickey's at 4 am, then having one last run against the sunrise on the way home.
After the holidays, I plan to get some more stuff done on it. I'll have to see how it goes, but I'd sure love to get some track time next summer.
post #9899 of 9900 Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Grumpy_Gumpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined. Central MN here. recently purchased an 04 gt 6 speed manual. Are there any MN meetups that you guys know of?
post #9900 of 9900 Old 01-18-2017, 11:58 PM

Garage

Hey! Welcome!

We have tried a few in years past, but the last one anyone tried to put together I think me and kelly were the only ones that showed up and that was like 2.5 years ago now. I don't post much in this thread but tend to lurk almost daily so I am around on here and in many of the Facebook Tib groups.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.