The Official WISCONSIN Thread - Page 7 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 1848 Old 05-14-2006, 09:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mrm_masa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Official WISCONSIN Thread

yea i thought i read somewhere here on the boards about somebody fixing one and making sure that they fixed it right because they didn't make them anyone ... maybe i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that it was your style hood ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1848 Old 05-14-2006, 10:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

TIBBYKID2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya i remember that thread but i dont remember them saying that they didnt make them anymore. But i could be wrong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 1848 Old 05-15-2006, 01:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

i think that is what he said ... i'm not a 100% sure ... i thought that is what he said

post #154 of 1848 Old 05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Alright here are some pics of my car in the shop ... 2mara we will have the rear bumber and the rear quarter add ons completely attached (hopefully) and then begin working on the side skirt and the front bumber ... supposed to paint the fender tonight and have it ready to go on 2mara so we can get the fitting on the driver's side skirt started and the front bumber started ... my guess is that it won't be ready untill mid next week ... depends on how much he does on it when i'm not there ...

post #155 of 1848 Old 05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

dude i LOVE the wingless look where did you get the plugs for your holes ill get some toinght lol

post #156 of 1848 Old 05-16-2006, 10:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Carbtib is an unknown quantity at this point

wow... looks Great.

post #157 of 1848 Old 05-17-2006, 12:30 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

they are called nylon locking plugs ... your supposed to be able to get them at Home Depot ... you need 3 different sizes though ... the ones I got were black and I had to paint them red ... just a temporary fix until I have the trunk holes and lock shaved ...

Here is the thread about taking off the spoiler and about the plugs and such ...
Spoiler Removal and Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbtib
wow... looks Great.
Hey thanx! really appreciate it ... lots left to do though

Last edited by mrm_masa; 05-17-2006 at 12:54 AM.
post #158 of 1848 Old 05-18-2006, 07:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Well it is that time............

Wisconsin Tibs has first dibs on all my parts.......

Mussa CF Vented hood 550
TWM STS 70
Borla Exhaust 450
Eibach springs 100
Red out tails 10+stock tails
19 inch rims 650
Subwoofer and Amp 1000 for both
CF a-pillars 75

PM me who wants what cause i currently dont have a cell phone LOL

post #159 of 1848 Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

dibs on the springs for sure!! you have different struts too right? ... i thought i remembered you saying something about it ... either way i want them bad!! ... lol ... i'll think about the STS as well ... its on my list but not as high as the springs ...

forgot your a 5spd so n/m about the STS

Last edited by mrm_masa; 05-19-2006 at 01:33 AM.
post #160 of 1848 Old 05-19-2006, 07:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

ya i got a 5 speed sts sorry ALSO Otowntib has dibs on the sts.

Mrm did you want my hood also i can put it aside for you if you cant afford it right now?

post #161 of 1848 Old 05-20-2006, 12:12 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

nah not a big deal .. i'm really starting to think about going with just an OEM one ... or a seibon ts ... but its on hold for a while since the body shop is going to custom paint my hood for me ... i might think about the exhaust though .... not sure yet have to see where my money situation is at but i might have enough for it around the time of the meet

post #162 of 1848 Old 05-22-2006, 01:48 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

alright have a couple more pics of the project .... cell phone pics so they aren't that great but they kinda work considering they are just to show where i'm at ... in the pic with the front bumper it is held on with a set of vise grips ... lol .. so its not exactly lined up had it on just to get an idea of what it was going to look like/how we were going to paint the kit ... i told matt how we were going to paint it so i feel obligated to tell everyone else .. the "V" part of the front bumper will be painted black and most of the hood will be painted black as well ... my reason for doing this is so that if/when i decide to get a cf hood it won't make my car look like it is wearing a belt of sorts ... all we have left to do is throw the driver's side fender on get the driver's side skirt all lined up and screwed on, take it all off (minus the rear bumper) and get all the edges right, all of it put back on and molded together, get the front bumper on and secured and then paint it all ... i'm hoping wednesday since he doesn't have any other cars to work on this week and i'll be there in the mornings before i goto work ... it will be done this week for sure and then i'll have some finished pics to post ... anyways here they are ..

almost forgot i'm planing on buying aaron's lowering springs from him at the meet on the 10th and swaping him there so it will be lowered then .. all i have left to worry about it getting the wheel spacers .. hopefully this set up won't cause me a lot of problems ... i'm sure it will but hey what ya gonna do ... lol

Last edited by mrm_masa; 05-22-2006 at 01:50 AM.
post #163 of 1848 Old 05-22-2006, 01:52 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Solo2Tib

You are going to do something about the rear wheel right?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #164 of 1848 Old 05-22-2006, 01:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

yea ... it looks really bad in pics .... i know i really dont' have the money to buy bigger rims so i'm hoping that wheel spacers and lowering it will help it out ... hopefully it will make it look like it is supposed to .. if not i'll have to save up for a while to get some 19"s or something

post #165 of 1848 Old 05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

ya we'll talk about it later ok

post #166 of 1848 Old 05-23-2006, 12:00 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIBBYKID2003
ya we'll talk about it later ok
cool ... i'm just really concerned about how the tire is going to fit and what not so I'm trying to explore my options that i have ...

post #167 of 1848 Old 05-23-2006, 12:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

update on my kit ... should be done on wednesday sometime ... all that is left is putting a couple screws in the front of the side skirts, couple more screws into the rear quater panels, and then make sure everything is lined up and in the right place and then the molding together will begin ... i won't be helping on that part since i would probably fu(k it up more than i would help so i'm gonna leave that on him ... should have it pretty much ready for paint 2mara morning/afternoon ... so it should be totaly done on wednesday ... just got a little touching up on the hood to do as well and that will be ready for paint ... hopefully the idea on the paint will turn out ... anyways have one pic of today's progress kinda big but i don't feel like resizing it so here it is ... should have completed pics in like 2/3 days ...

post #168 of 1848 Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

alright this should be the last update before its done ... basically all that should be left as of now is painting ... today we worked on getting everything molded together and getting it ready for primer and paint ... he told me as well that it will be painted 2mara and i can pick it up friday morning .. i'll just have to put it all back together then ... i still have yet to order the mesh for the front bumper but right now i'm broke so i'll have to wait till next week to be able to order it, as well as the wheel spacers ... i'll post pics on friday night of the finished product .. minus the wheel spacers and mesh ...

post #169 of 1848 Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

yea ... its not done won't be done untill monday now ... even though he said "the worse case scenario that it would be done this morning" somehow he didn't do anything on it in the past 3 days .... real nice to know that the shop won't do anything to you car unless your there

post #170 of 1848 Old 05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Dude just get that f***ing thing done so you can come by me and we could pimp out central wisconsin!!!!

post #171 of 1848 Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Dude just get that f***ing thing done so you can come by me and we could pimp out central wisconsin!!!!
trust me i want it done more than anyone else right now ... ugh he said there was no way it wasn't going to be done ... and i swear he hasn't done anything on it in like 2 days at all ... i'm soooooooo pissed off about it .... ugh ... all he has to do is like maybe an hour of work to get the lines finished and the primer and paint it ... i mean just do it and quit wasting my time .... ya know what i mean??

post #172 of 1848 Old 05-27-2006, 05:11 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
reko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of light
Garage

Hey, just checking in. I'm in Sheboygan.
post #173 of 1848 Old 05-28-2006, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

OTownIon will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

Hey Reko, were having a meet june 10th, you should come!
Wisonsin Meet

post #174 of 1848 Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ya mrm i konw what you mean. Same situation with my bros car all tha guy has to do is put some wiring on and thats it but he wont just buckle down and do it. Its all payed for and everything so i konw how you feel.

post #175 of 1848 Old 05-29-2006, 02:14 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Ya mrm i konw what you mean. Same situation with my bros car all tha guy has to do is put some wiring on and thats it but he wont just buckle down and do it. Its all payed for and everything so i konw how you feel.
yea its making me mad ... i was hoping it was going to be done today ... Danielle talked to him and said that he said he was hoping to paint it today .... so i'm thinking it should be done 2mara ... i dunno though ... ah well i guess i can't complain too terribly much since its getting done and what not ... i should have it 2mara and that is all i care about ... (other than the fact that I got my cousin extremely drunk tonight for his first time and it was freaking hilarious)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
milwaukee, wisconsin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.