*** Do Not Pay As Gift Via PayPal *** - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ryloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another levelRyloth is on another level
(Thread Starter)
*** Do Not Pay As Gift Via PayPal ***

***Buyers Public Announcement!***

Buyers please note, for your own protection... DO NOT PAY AS A GIFT VIA PAYPAL when purchasing items from a seller. You will have limited recourse if the transaction does not go as planned.

Site Retired - Hownministrator Syndicate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am no longer on Staff, please do not PM me with site related issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 12:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ravinaziankid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *** Do Not Pay As Gift Via PayPal ***

This is funny because I had some guy get pissed at me the other day on another Hyundai site because I didn't pay him as gift.
post #3 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Will51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another level

If a seller asks to have the cash sent as a gift, I would personally send it as a "goods" sale and add the amount that would cover fees. If the seller does not want the extra to cover fees and insists on sending it as a gift, walk away from the transaction.

For quickest response regarding ZMR Mods please email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

connor5848 will become famous soon enoughconnor5848 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
If a seller asks to have the cash sent as a gift, I would personally send it as a "goods" sale and add the amount that would cover fees. If the seller does not want the extra to cover fees and insists on sending it as a gift, walk away from the transaction.
Probably the best/most important thread on NT.
EXACTLY, or check the box that says I will pay the fees.
post #5 of 19 Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Neonfever has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lol I got screwed over by that once. Never again!
post #6 of 19 Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 AM

stage2tibby will become famous soon enough

mehh ive done it plenty of times. ive only been screwed one time by a member on here and i didnt send it as a gift. won the dispute via paypal but still didnt get the good or the money back
post #7 of 19 Old 04-23-2011, 03:00 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Sneak is just really niceSneak is just really niceSneak is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage2tibby View Post
mehh ive done it plenty of times. ive only been screwed one time by a member on here and i didnt send it as a gift. won the dispute via paypal but still didnt get the good or the money back
This just..escapes me. Elaborate.

Takahashi warm welcome count: 34,146
post #8 of 19 Old 04-23-2011, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
tibjunkie has a spectacular aura abouttibjunkie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor5848 View Post
Probably the best/most important thread on NT.
EXACTLY, or check the box that says I will pay the fees.
^^this ... because if you do the math yourself and add the money on to amount you're sending, you are technically paying fees on those fees lol

post #9 of 19 Old 04-23-2011, 03:21 AM
NewTiburon.com God

CodyYork will become famous soon enoughCodyYork will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
This just..escapes me. Elaborate.
Hahah. I was wondering the same thing
post #10 of 19 Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

derrick.conder is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately getting screwed by trying to help out a member on here as well. Lets hope you comes through and does the right thing!!
post #11 of 19 Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Very nice British bloke

the dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to behold

Iv always asked people to paypal me as a gift,however im quite happy as a responsible seller to say you are better NOT to pay as a gift .My business depends on good comments and as clearly obvious im always available to get in touch with.However,you'd be foolish to pay the odd man off the street as a gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian fulcher
"dupleman headrests add no wheel hp but it gives you something to look at when banging ugly chicks in the front seat"

Newtiburon.com mini sponsor of the year 2010 and 2011
Newtiburon.com product of the year 2010-SIII seats
HRH QUEEN ELIZABETH'S ROYAL ENVOY ASSIGNED TO EDUCATE YANKS ON NEWTIBURON.COM
post #12 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 01:33 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

08 BlAcKTiB is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you this helped a ton!!
post #13 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 05:56 AM
NT's Death Knight

UnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dupleman View Post
Iv always asked people to paypal me as a gift,however im quite happy as a responsible seller to say you are better NOT to pay as a gift .My business depends on good comments and as clearly obvious im always available to get in touch with.However,you'd be foolish to pay the odd man off the street as a gift
Agreed, but some of us that have been on here selling for years ( Like Myself ) don't want to pay fees on small things that are little profit... Sure.. if some off the grid guy, with only a few posts asks you to pay as a gift, don't do it... But there are some you can trust, just do your due diligence researching the seller.

Acrylic Conceptions = OK to Pay!

You Are Only As Good As Your Last Idea! /

post #14 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Shark2005 is a name known to allShark2005 is a name known to allShark2005 is a name known to allShark2005 is a name known to allShark2005 is a name known to allShark2005 is a name known to all

Personally, anyone who requests that the PayPal be sent as a gift, I just totally ignore the post, no matter what the sale is for. Anyone selling / buying and using a professional transaction service, especially one that maintains the insurance of your transaction, should be expected to pay the fee for doing so. The seller should already calculate the fee into his or her price to cover such expenses. If you use the postal service, it cost you for postage and or insurance, if you use Western Union, it cost you a fee for wire service. One way or another it cost you for transactions.

post #15 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
jprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2005 View Post
Personally, anyone who requests that the PayPal be sent as a gift, I just totally ignore the post, no matter what the sale is for. Anyone selling / buying and using a professional transaction service, especially one that maintains the insurance of your transaction, should be expected to pay the fee for doing so. The seller should already calculate the fee into his or her price to cover such expenses. If you use the postal service, it cost you for postage and or insurance, if you use Western Union, it cost you a fee for wire service. One way or another it cost you for transactions.
Honestly this is the only forum that im on that doesnt allow you to add in the pay pal fees. Every other forum clear that you pay the pay pal fees with purchace. Its not a big deal either, you just click pay fee when you send money. I dont see what the big deal with it is, I have no problem paying the fee when I buy parts knowing that Im protected to a certain point. Maybe thats just me though *shrug*

JProphecy for MOD 2012!!!.....Scratch that...2013 Because MORE DESU!!
post #16 of 19 Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Hater With No Friends

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHolyTib View Post
Agreed, but some of us that have been on here selling for years ( Like Myself ) don't want to pay fees on small things that are little profit... Sure.. if some off the grid guy, with only a few posts asks you to pay as a gift, don't do it... But there are some you can trust, just do your due diligence researching the seller.
There have been a history of issues with older members who have sold a lot of products that end up in a situation of not sending parts out and because someone trusts them as an older member, they send the payment as a gift and then they are SOL and JWF. I'm not saying you would do that, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Mr Köppen is so like the fat woman full of vitality. ! !
post #17 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 12:19 PM
NT's Death Knight

UnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond reputeUnHolyTib has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
There have been a history of issues with older members who have sold a lot of products that end up in a situation of not sending parts out and because someone trusts them as an older member, they send the payment as a gift and then they are SOL and JWF. I'm not saying you would do that, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
Well, we are not talking about older members, we are talking about older vendors. Sure, there have been some vendors on here with histories of taking lots of money in on some special product and then closing up shop and running... But some of us, have no history of doing that.

Can you imagine if I treated you like a few of the crap head buyers that have stuck it to me, like a few that have taken the product, and then claimed they didn't get it (even with delivery confirmation) and wanted a refund? I don't think you would like it at all...

The problem is this.... when I make a product and sell it for 8 dollars ( and I do) the material costs 1.50 and then the electric to fire the machine cost .25, then it cost 1.75 to mail in a 1.50 envelope.... I have a real hard time giving eBay and paypal one damn penny...

So should I ask to not pay the fees and receive them as a gift? or just not make that product at all... All I can do is hope that the buyer purchases other things with that item.. otherwise I almost lose money... and then if the buyer is a bad little child, I really will lose money...

Trust us or don't... but when I ask for people to pay as a gift, it's because i want to bring a cheaper item to them, without having to inflate my costs and cut some people out of the ability to own the product because of cost...

Acrylic Conceptions has always been a fast nickle vs. a slow dime company, and we count on people to see and appreciate a low profit margin - otherwise we would have to go to everyone mailing in money orders, increasing the waiting time several weeks.

Ever been to a convenience store where they charged you .45 cents to use your debit card? I have, and it pissed me off.

You Are Only As Good As Your Last Idea! /

Last edited by UnHolyTib; 05-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Very nice British bloke

the dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to beholdthe dupleman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHolyTib View Post
Well, we are not talking about older members, we are talking about older vendors. Sure, there have been some vendors on here with histories of taking lots of money in on some special product and then closing up shop and running... But some of us, have no history of doing that.

Can you imagine if I treated you like a few of the crap head buyers that have stuck it to me, like a few that have taken the product, and then claimed they didn't get it (even with delivery confirmation) and wanted a refund? I don't think you would like it at all...

The problem is this.... when I make a product and sell it for 8 dollars ( and I do) the material costs 1.50 and then the electric to fire the machine cost .25, then it cost 1.75 to mail in a 1.50 envelope.... I have a real hard time giving eBay and paypal one damn penny...

So should I ask to not pay the fees and receive them as a gift? or just not make that product at all... All I can do is hope that the buyer purchases other things with that item.. otherwise I almost lose money... and then if the buyer is a bad little child, I really will lose money...

Trust us or don't... but when I ask for people to pay as a gift, it's because i want to bring a cheaper item to them, without having to inflate my costs and cut some people out of the ability to own the product because of cost...

Acrylic Conceptions has always been a fast nickle vs. a slow dime company, and we count on people to see and appreciate a low profit margin - otherwise we would have to go to everyone mailing in money orders, increasing the waiting time several weeks.

Ever been to a convenience store where they charged you .45 cents to use your debit card? I have, and it pissed me off.
well said mate i do think your spot on there.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian fulcher
"dupleman headrests add no wheel hp but it gives you something to look at when banging ugly chicks in the front seat"

Newtiburon.com mini sponsor of the year 2010 and 2011
Newtiburon.com product of the year 2010-SIII seats
HRH QUEEN ELIZABETH'S ROYAL ENVOY ASSIGNED TO EDUCATE YANKS ON NEWTIBURON.COM
post #19 of 19 Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

chows is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for Information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.