FS: GI: Built 2.7 Engine, Stage 4 S/c and more - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 12-28-2016, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
GI: Built Engine, Supercharger + more (or entire car)

Gauging interest thread. I need to sell the entire car and am not sure if I can find a buyer for it as it sits. So am looking to part out the big parts before moving forward.

Complete and running setup, installed in the car, with approximately 15,000 miles on this setup I believe (less than 20k anyways)

Approximate specs are as follows.

2.7 Delta Engine:
  • Rebuilt by a professional machine shop in North Carolina for high boost applications
  • Forged CP Pistons @ 8.8:1
  • Shot-peened rods
  • Balanced rotating assembly
  • High-perf bearings
  • Cams reground for better s/c performance (Colt tri-flow)
  • New HLAs installed
  • High-tension springs (NGM Competition Springs)
  • New oil pump
  • New timing belt and cam chains
  • 7.0" Crank Pulley
  • Stage IV Ported LIM and Heads have been port matched.
  • Various other new bits added/replaced where appropriate

MP62 Supercharger:
  • All work performed by Stiegemeier
  • Fully rebuilt blower
  • Throttle body openings ported to match 70mm BBTB
  • Plenum opening ported to produce maximum airflow
  • Venom Cooler modification
  • Lightweight Rotors
  • Fully Polished

Other cosmetic/functional notes:
Smoothed and powder coated valve covers to match the manifold, which is very similar in color to Hyundai Redfire Pearl. Work done by ZMR Modifications (Will Zimmerman). 03-04 valve covers (with crossover) also have been modified to include a -6AN (or-8AN?) bung for connection to an included blowby canister (this mod is sometimes referred to as an EVAC kit I believe?). The supercharger cooler is a custom FMIC-style kit that you may have seen on other vehicles. I developed a custom bracket that mounts it perfectly in the opening between the fog lights.

• DC Sports Headers (with Random Tech Cat welded in and relocated O2 sensors. Will pass inspection)
  • ARK DT-S V.2 Dual Exhaust w/ Burnt Tips (it sounds amazing like this).
  • Several different supercharger pullies and belts are available to set the blower RPM where you want it.
  • 420/450cc and 290/310cc injectors available.
  • Stage 2 and Stage 4 reflashed ECUs available (Stage 4 has been set to use the 450cc injectors).
  • AEM FIC/6 available.
  • J&S Safeguard available (knock sensor/preventor).
  • High-volume fuel syste available (NGM twin fuel pump hat [190lph Bosch's] with braided SS -6AN lines and ported/polished fuel rails)
  • Mishimoto aluminum radiator available.

That covers most of it I think. I would actually like to sell the entire car as it sits, but would rather sell the engine and/or blower separately if someone is interested. It's currently installed in the car, so I'd appreciate help removing it as well, haha. I am not sure what the going rate is for any of this stuff these days, but before I commit to researching it, I thought I'd get a feel for interest. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not talk publicly.

Attached Images

08TiburonSE likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plans: NGM Stage 4+ Sniper
Currently: NGM Stage 2.1 Sniper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD as of 10/11/12

Last edited by WTBaTibby; 02-27-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: title update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 12-28-2016, 08:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WhiteOutTibby is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Re: GI: Built 2.7 Engine, Stage 4 S/c and more

Hey WTB happy holidays. I sent you an email a few minutes ago. Whats the price on the whole car? car looks great by the way why are you parting ways with it? And if no one is looking to buy the whole car I might be interested in the whole motor with supercharger and the Ark exhaust as well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance.
08TiburonSE likes this.
post #3 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOutTibby View Post
Hey WTB happy holidays. I sent you an email a few minutes ago. Whats the price on the whole car? car looks great by the way why are you parting ways with it? And if no one is looking to buy the whole car I might be interested in the whole motor with supercharger and the Ark exhaust as well. Shoot me an email when you get the chance.
$12,000? As it sits, with all the extra parts and you come pick it up. It will be running and driving, but isn't insured or tagged for driving in NC at this time. Bring not only a car transport, but also a ton of space for all the extra parts, haha. There are so many other miscellaneous things that I haven't listed as well. Another stock engine block and heads with cams, blacked out taillights that need to be clear-coated and polished, headlight eyelids, extra floormats, etc... Make no mistake, it's a project car. It will need some finishing touches around the edges here and there, but the suspension is right, the engine is right, it's great as is.

I love the car. It holds a special place in my heart. It's so fun to drive, but I was driving it everyday and needed something with better commute comfort and practicality. So I got a Diesel VW Golf, lol. I love it too, but they are very different vehicles.

So now after it's been sitting around for the past two years and getting very little attention, my wife says it's time for it to go, and I agree. We need the money for medical bills and to pay back the debt we've acquired from my being out of work for 6 months. Same old story. If I could keep it forever, I would, but it's just not practical for us to do so.
08TiburonSE likes this.

SOLD as of 10/11/12

post #4 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Some more deets about the whole car:

Chassis has ~40,000 miles on it
Engine has ~15,000 miles on it
Suspension setup has ~5,000 miles on it

2008 GT 5-speed

The Built engine that's in it is actually the original motor, so it's numbers matching if that matters.

Located in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Clear title in hand, ready to sell.

$12,000 for the car and everything I own for a Hyundai, lol. Even down to the extra oil filters on my shelf.
08TiburonSE likes this.

SOLD as of 10/11/12
post #5 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 10:24 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
08TiburonSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Can you post a few pics of the interior of the car?
post #6 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TiburonSE View Post
Can you post a few pics of the interior of the car?
It'll have to wait a bit for current pics as the backseats are out so I can finish with the fuel pump swap, and it needs a good once-over cleaning since it's been sitting a while. I have some old pictures somewhere though if you'd like.

SOLD as of 10/11/12
post #7 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 12:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
klutch225 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
I just want the hatch... or aem f/ic
post #8 of 35 Old 12-29-2016, 03:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
08TiburonSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTBaTibby View Post
It'll have to wait a bit for current pics as the backseats are out so I can finish with the fuel pump swap, and it needs a good once-over cleaning since it's been sitting a while. I have some old pictures somewhere though if you'd like.
I can wait. Thanks!
post #9 of 35 Old 12-31-2016, 02:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

oodroadie will become famous soon enoughoodroadie will become famous soon enough

How much would you be looking for if you were to sell the engine?'

Also (I think I know that answer to this one but not positive anymore) do you know if the 07-08 hatch is the same as the 03-06 hatch?

I'm not saying I'm interested but I'm not saying I'm not interested. I'm not sure exactly what my plans are yet. Honestly I don't even have a Tiburon yet. I used to, and I'm buying one again in the next month or so. I just don't know if I'm going with an i4 and putting in a turbo or getting the Delta again and putting a turbo in that. What I do know is if I choose the V6, I'll need an engine that is not the stock engine.

2006 GTV6 Auto

Current Mods:
Catback, red angel eyes, 35% tint, Eibach springs, FFF black & red T badges, remote starter, LED footwell lighting kit, center & side vent glows, painted engine plastics, painted calipers, anytime fogs.

Last edited by oodroadie; 12-31-2016 at 02:48 PM.
post #10 of 35 Old 01-01-2017, 01:12 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Garage
If parting out I'm very interested in the Aem fic and the hatch
post #11 of 35 Old 01-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Kevinho is just really niceKevinho is just really niceKevinho is just really nice

Do you have a price for the complete FMIC?

<!>*Kevinho / Phantom Black Tuscani 2.7 V6*<!>
Modded in time, and still working on it....
...Got boost...

The Dupleman / NIA / ENKEI / Alpine S/C
post #12 of 35 Old 01-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: GI: Built 2.7 Engine, Stage 4 S/c and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinho View Post
Do you have a price for the complete FMIC?
Shipping would likely be a lot from the US to you, keep that in mind.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #13 of 35 Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jayflea2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm interested in the reflash. PM'd with a few questions.
post #14 of 35 Old 01-01-2017, 08:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

traegab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey wondering if your selling the Hood and Hatch W/ spoiler. separately. interested in buying them. can also give you my hood and hatch if needed but they're Grey. Also want the Hana Bumper to if separately for sale. PM if you want.
post #15 of 35 Old 01-02-2017, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Fair bit of interest here, good to know!

Engine Long Block: $2000
Blower and Manifold: $2000
FMIC-sytle water cooler: $350
Headers and Exhaust: $1000
CF Hatch/Spoiler, with 3rd brake light and tinted glass (fits 03-0: $600
AEM FIC/6: $200
J&S Safeguard: $450
Stage IV Reflash (05/06 ECU): $400
Stage II Reflash (05/06 ECU): $350

Pulleys and injectors would be extra, but parts can possibly be combined into kits for better pricing. None of these prices include shipping. I believe they are extremely reasonable and competitive, but I've been out of the market for a while, so who knows. But bear in mind that these aren't your average run-of-the mills parts. That blower alone is tricked out, rebuilt, and damn sexy, lol. I put $1500 in it at Stiegemeier. The long block also includes heads with performance cams and springs, all assembled by a professional machine shop and running strong. It also depends on what sells and what doesn't. Like if I can't sell the engine, then I'll probably keep the blower on it, or if I can't sell the blower, I'm not going to sell the water-to-air FMIC.

As for the electronics, they're pretty much all fair game, as is the CF hatch since I've got the original back on it right now. Except I may keep the Stage II reflash if I end up keeping the blower on it, yadda yadda.

The Hana front bumper isn't for sale as I don't have the original to put back on it.

There's quite a bit more than what I've listed here, but it's mostly little stuff like sensors and gauges and trim pieces.

No concrete sales are in effect yet as this is still just a gauging interest thread, but I will definitely be listing things for sale in the near future since there seems to be some good interest so far.

P.s. I need a set of factory 07-08 fuel rails, the ones with the pulse dampener. Does anybody have a set they can sell me or maybe send me for trade/credit on something else?
08TiburonSE likes this.

SOLD as of 10/11/12

Last edited by WTBaTibby; 02-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.
post #16 of 35 Old 01-04-2017, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

traegab is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll buy the CF hood. Pm me if your set on selling it.
post #17 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TuscaniNation will become famous soon enoughTuscaniNation will become famous soon enough
Garage

Can't do anything right right now but very interested in engine stage IV reflash. All lines and cai and tb.

https://
our worldwide group main page. 1000+ members 50+ different states and countries with individual small groups. 2003-2008 Tiburon's only ") -JMA- @tuscanination on INSTAGRAM
post #18 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Kevinho is just really niceKevinho is just really niceKevinho is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Shipping would likely be a lot from the US to you, keep that in mind.
Thnx, i know. Entire SC setup was send to me by Will51 from the States, same as my rims. Also got several other parts from the states
It's sad, shipping prices, but true..

<!>*Kevinho / Phantom Black Tuscani 2.7 V6*<!>
Modded in time, and still working on it....
...Got boost...

The Dupleman / NIA / ENKEI / Alpine S/C
post #19 of 35 Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Garage
Pm sent about aem fic wish I had money for the hatch lol
post #20 of 35 Old 01-09-2017, 04:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

jayflea2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would love the stage 2 reflash. Have cash in hand and ready to buy
post #21 of 35 Old 01-11-2017, 05:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

aaa117 is an unknown quantity at this point

would you be able to sell just the headlights?
post #22 of 35 Old 01-12-2017, 09:16 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Guy Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice good luck on the sale great price
post #23 of 35 Old 01-16-2017, 10:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

quezz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

What tranny is the stage 2 reflash for?
post #24 of 35 Old 01-16-2017, 01:27 PM
NewTiburon.com God

GuamBomb will become famous soon enough
Very nice build man. Good luck with the sale. Wish I would of grabbed this from you in November.

Any videos of this beast?
08TiburonSE likes this.
post #25 of 35 Old 01-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Will51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another levelWill51 is on another level

Well, it's nice to see the car is still in one piece and seems to be holding up well. Hopefully the new owner gives the car the attention the first two owners did. 40,000 miles huh, you sure did do some driving in it if it has been sitting for two years.

For quickest response regarding ZMR Mods please email me at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.