User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By KelConquer

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-25-2016, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
maze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of lightmaze1291 is a glorious beacon of light
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Order Precessing and Magnets!

Hey RA,

As always the service, selection, and pricing has been great. I just wanted to inquire about MasterCard credit card payments as myself and another forum member have both noted issues with payment processing. After entering the CC info and proceeding to the processing screen, the screen then pops over to a MC SecureCode screen, and then continues straight back to the processing screen before returning to the order screen with a payment declined message. Not sure if an issue has been noted by other customers or whether this is an isolated incident, but I did have to process my last order by an online banking bill transfer instead.

Also my past three boxes (2 orders) have arrived without magnets. I'm hoping these haven't been discontinued. I have read that not every shipping location has then, but for the most part I would assume my past few orders have come from some primary locations given their contents.

Thanks RA

-maze1291

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Breaking things is just an opportunity to make them better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Keep it tight Do it Right

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
NoSloppy will become famous soon enough
Garage
Re: Order Precessing and Magnets!

Awww I was building a nice garage with the magnet collection!

>> 2003 Tiburon GT V6 <<

----2.7 V6 5-Speed daily driver. Stock motor except AEM SRI. 14 years of mods.
----Other than engine replacement, all pertaining to electrical, lighting, audio, and cosmetic.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-26-2016, 08:36 AM
NewTiburon.com Vendor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RockAuto is an unknown quantity at this point

Magnets definitely have not been discontinued! Not all of our locations are equipped with them though, which is why you may sometimes you will receive a box without one.

With regard to MasterCard SecureCode, that is a security service provided by your bank/MasterCard that RockAuto participates in. We won't be able to tell you why your bank/MasterCard is declining the card with regard to the MasterCard SecureCode service, so I'd recommend you speak to them directly.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-26-2016, 10:32 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
darkknight48 will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
Magnets definitely have not been discontinued! Not all of our locations are equipped with them though, which is why you may sometimes you will receive a box without one.

With regard to MasterCard SecureCode, that is a security service provided by your bank/MasterCard that RockAuto participates in. We won't be able to tell you why your bank/MasterCard is declining the card with regard to the MasterCard SecureCode service, so I'd recommend you speak to them directly.
I am going to confirm what RockAuto stated above about MasterCard Secure Code. I recently left a bank position and it is through MasterCard. Touch base with your bank or MasterCard directly and they can look into it (either resetting your code or help you activate one). I know our local bank here has a direct link via banks website to guide you through this new security feature.

I believe there is also an option when checking out (on RockAuto's site) to forgo this step and just continue without using the Secure code.

Exterior: 20% Tint, Tinted Tails, Euro fogs, 10k HIDS, debadge, painted calipers, 17x7 Velocity V211, eBay high rise
Sound: Panasonic receiver, two 12'' mtx subs, TMA 500W amp
Performance: Fujita CAI, Tsudo exhaust, Stage 2 clutchmasters clutch, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Delrin base/shifter bushings
post #5 of 7 Old 04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage

Glad you posted this Maze.

I attempted to place an order last Thursday which was around $100. I entered my billing/shipping addresses as usual, entered card info at the bottom, then proceeded to the "securecode" screen. Rockauto is the only site I've ever used online which requires it, and I have done so with 0 issues for at least 15 orders prior. I hardly ever remember the password for it, so I reset it which went smoothly. On the next screen when I attempted to enter the new password to complete the order, it bounced me back to my cart and gave a "cannot process your order" type screen, suggesting that I contact my bank to remedy. (PS, if you enter the wrong password, it says "try again", so this wasn't a wrong password type issue)

I called my bank, they told me they have no control over Mastercard's securecode besides checking the password record, and whether the card is currently active or locked. They said they see no issues whatsoever. So I called Mastercard and went through their obnoxious 100% automated "customer support" line. At one point it asks to enter the Mastercard card number, which I did, next thing I hear is ringing - they automatically transferred me back to my bank. Who again told me, they can't do anything. I went through this process 3 times (one time I even spoke to an actual human resource at Mastercard, who also transferred me back to my bank without warning! Wtf?!)

I attempted to call Rockauto to see if I could place the order via phone, but the person there said that there is no "roundabout" way to do it, and that they use the same order processing system that's found online - which would eventually ask for the securecode.

I'll try to place another order on Thursday, but unfortunately Rockauto lost my order last week because it was for things I needed urgently. I'll report back this Thursday whether or not it worked for me, but last week both my bank and Mastercard seemed to be pointing at an issue with Rockauto's order processing system. I also googled it and it seems to be a somewhat common issue with securecode on Rockauto... hopefully it can be fixed if not done so already.

Thanks for any help you can provide @RockAuto

"Broken things break other things."

Last edited by KelConquer; 04-26-2016 at 12:02 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Vendor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RockAuto is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry it seems like you've been getting the runaround with this service. RockAuto has been successfully processing orders requiring MasterCard SecureCode authentication so it doesn't appear to be a problem with order processing on our end. Perhaps you want to give another crack at contacting MasterCard again. The MasterCard SecureCode page is controlled by your bank/MasterCard, not RockAuto, so they would be the ones to contact about it.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage

Hey all, just wanted to provide an update on my situation.

I placed an order today and all went well, no issues whatsoever. I'm not sure what was going on last week - or on who's end, but I placed an order with my Mastercard securecode just now and received a confirmation.

I hope you can get your issues sorted out too Maze. Unfortunately Mastercard is not very helpful at all with their own service...
Charlie-III likes this.

"Broken things break other things."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.