LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ChrisDavis is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Question Install shift boot?

I'm very pleased with my order and will be ordering again shortly. I got everything else installed fine but the shift boot is looking to be a trick. How exactly do I secure the metal ring to the base? The rubber part I can see is mounted to the metal but the glue came undone (it would have to be taken off to mount it anyways I think). If you could please explain how I should be doing this I'll be happy to make my second order.

http://www.kdmstuff.com/shop/step1.php?number=1922

White Tib 2003 GT V6 - AEM Cold Air Intake, Borla Dual Catback, Stage 2 Clutchmaster Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

nickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to behold
Re: Install shift boot?

Hi, for me since i have the basstib STS, it was a little more difficult to install, since my shift knob is so darn short. I had to remove the leather from the stock shiftboot area, then was able to just screw everything together.

However, since the act of shifting physically moved the metal plate at the bottom of the metal ring of the aftermarket shiftboot, I decided to seal it together with a 1mm thick ring of silicone.

I'll take some pics of my install when I leave work this evening and post it up for you when I get home tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My new DJ Page is online!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

**Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.– William E. Gladstone, British Prime Minister, 1809-1898
#3 Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfd View Post
Hi, for me since i have the basstib STS, it was a little more difficult to install, since my shift knob is so darn short. I had to remove the leather from the stock shiftboot area, then was able to just screw everything together.

However, since the act of shifting physically moved the metal plate at the bottom of the metal ring of the aftermarket shiftboot, I decided to seal it together with a 1mm thick ring of silicone.

I'll take some pics of my install when I leave work this evening and post it up for you when I get home tonight.
Great! Thank you very much I look forward to seeing the pictures.

White Tib 2003 GT V6 - AEM Cold Air Intake, Borla Dual Catback, Stage 2 Clutchmaster Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel
#4 Old 09-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

nickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to beholdnickfd is a splendid one to behold

**Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.– William E. Gladstone, British Prime Minister, 1809-1898
#5 Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

Damn I wish my temp controls could look like that...

About the boot, you to took off the leather from the plastic ring that has the screws and then glued the rubber to the inside of the metal ring and then used some silicone to stick the metal to the plastic ring/base?

#6 Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

I took the leather off, but still kept the screws and ring. That's what secures the rubber of the boot at the bottom.

The silicone is only so the metal plate of the shift boot doesn't rub against the plastic looking metal thing that it sits on. You can kind of see it in my pics, but it's a very small line of silicone to prevent vibration.

#7 Old 09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I took the leather off, but still kept the screws and ring. That's what secures the rubber of the boot at the bottom.

The silicone is only so the metal plate of the shift boot doesn't rub against the plastic looking metal thing that it sits on. You can kind of see it in my pics, but it's a very small line of silicone to prevent vibration.

Alrighty, thanks. I'll have to give this a try when my car is back from the shop.

#8 Old 09-28-2007, 01:57 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Kdmguy is a glorious beacon of lightKdmguy is a glorious beacon of lightKdmguy is a glorious beacon of lightKdmguy is a glorious beacon of lightKdmguy is a glorious beacon of lightKdmguy is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like you got the help from fellow member.
Thanks to NickFD too
KDMguy
#9 Old 09-28-2007, 04:45 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

chiribuki

I have one question for you guys. Is possible to mount the 07' new Tib center dash panel in the older models(02-06)?
#10 Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiribuki View Post
I have one question for you guys. Is possible to mount the 07' new Tib center dash panel in the older models(02-06)?
Hey chiri buddy. No, the cables that connect into our center dash panel are different from the main wiring harness that comes from the 03-06's. I found this out the hard way when wanting to install Rickna's foglight mod and to tap into the right wires for Paul's LED kit.

Jay needs to tell us 07 owners if he can get us the HVAC for the SE and if it will work for us GS ppl.

#11 Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 AM

chiribuki

Quote:
Hey chiri buddy. No, the cables that connect into our center dash panel are different from the main wiring harness that comes from the 03-06's. I found this out the hard way when wanting to install Rickna's foglight mod and to tap into the right wires for Paul's LED kit.

Jay needs to tell us 07 owners if he can get us the HVAC for the SE and if it will work for us GS ppl.

The most complicated I see is the A/C controller cables, the other controllers I think is easy to update to 07' connectors.

i can speak with Jay and if he can send me one of this dash panels I can meake one DIY of this mod. and show you it.
#12 Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

Quote:
The most complicated I see is the A/C controller cables, the other controllers I think is easy to update to 07' connectors.

i can speak with Jay and if he can send me one of this dash panels I can meake one DIY of this mod. and show you it.
Would you like me to take pics of the harness and cables on what it looks like behind my HVAC?

BTW- this is the 07 SE version. I still have yet for someone to confirm if we can get this to work in our 07 harness's.

Last edited by nickfd; 09-28-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: added 07 se hvac
#13 Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 AM

chiribuki

Quote:
Would you like me to take pics of the harness and cables on what it looks like behind my HVAC?

BTW- this is the 07 SE version. I still have yet for someone to confirm if we can get this to work in our 07 harness's.
Yes, my car is as this version with climatitation, not A/C and multigauges.

Please let me know.
#14 Old 09-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

Quote:
Yes, my car is as this version with climatitation, not A/C and multigauges.

Please let me know.
Do you have access to an 07 SE with the LCD? Can you take pics of the back of the centerconsole thing?

I will remove my center piece a little later and take pics for you on my 07 GS.

#15 Old 10-18-2007, 06:44 PM

chiribuki

I need one pic of this panel from rear side and electrical wires and conectors.

#16 Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

I took a pic of how mine looks, but have it on my computer at home (not work). It's not the climate control one, but just the temperature knob.

I'll post it up when I get home later tonight or first thing in the morning.

Do you have access to buy this nice blue one here, chiri? Or do you know if Jay can get it for us if it will fit?

#17 Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

#18 Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 PM

chiribuki

thank you nick, I have one problem, my car is with climate control, but I think is possible adapt this panel in the old cars with any wires modifications.

I need to know if SFR can sell me one of this central panels.
#19 Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

Yeah bud, I want one of the blue new climate control ones as well.

#20 Old 10-19-2007, 08:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

chris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nice

Hey nick, what is that Carbon Fiber piece on your seat in the first pic? Is that an A-pillar?

Quote:
One time I raced a Tiburon. We both lost because Tiburons are slow.
#21 Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 AM

chiribuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_07_tib_gs View Post
Hey nick, what is that Carbon Fiber piece on your seat in the first pic? Is that an A-pillar?

No, is the front strut bar, I think... isn't it Nick?
#22 Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 AM

chiribuki

Hey Nick listen to me, at spain and europe the 2.0 and V6 models are sold with the climate control panel and only the 1.6 model come with the AC control. I'm asking in the spanish forum to people with others 2.0 and V6 2007 cars if they can take some pics of this panel, I think you can change it since this model is sold here with this system.

I'll let you know.
#23 Old 10-20-2007, 12:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

chris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nice

Quote:
No, is the front strut bar, I think... isn't it Nick?
Daaaaang that's sweet. You GOTTA let me know where you foun that strut bar!!

Quote:
One time I raced a Tiburon. We both lost because Tiburons are slow.
#24 Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:

Where did you get the silicone? Was it is a strip or already in a ring (size?) ?

Thanks.

#25 Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Nick-Yes, I have boost!

Quote:
Hey Nick listen to me, at spain and europe the 2.0 and V6 models are sold with the climate control panel and only the 1.6 model come with the AC control. I'm asking in the spanish forum to people with others 2.0 and V6 2007 cars if they can take some pics of this panel, I think you can change it since this model is sold here with this system.

I'll let you know.
Cool, thanks chiri! I'd love to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDavis View Post
Where did you get the silicone? Was it is a strip or already in a ring (size?) ?

Thanks.
I used a tube and just squeezed it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.