GB: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! - Page 10 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

Go Back   New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums > Marketplace > Official Group Buys
NewTiburon.com is the premier Hyundai Tiburon Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Closed Thread

TCE
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Sex: Male
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCE will become famous soon enough

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 11-17-2011 , 09:28 AM

Not to sound picky but the tools list for the brakes would be primarily sae.

Rotor hat: 1/2 socket
Bracket bolts 5/8 socket
Caliper nut 3/8 12pt
Caliper adapter fitting; 7/16 wrench
Hose end 1/2 wrench
Hose hardline end 11/16 wrench

Obviously someone can sub suitable fitting metric wrenches in places.

I'd also suggest the dust plate be fully removed for better air flow to the inside of the rotor.

Lastly, I'd never remove the old caliper from the hose until I was completely done with the new parts install. The last thing I ever install is the ss flex line. It not only prevents a mess but the fluid from running out while working. This can lead to ABS pump issues and a very costly trip to a dealer to bleed it again for you. Remove the caliper and center support and let it hang until you're done with everything else first.

I supplied my common bleeding procedures and they work pretty well but always go back and dbl check bolts and usually one more light bleed per upper bleeder only after a day or two.
    Quick reply to this message  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GeneralDuke
Luke: NT's Skywalker

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
GeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another level

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 11-17-2011 , 03:10 PM

Knew I would forget about the other sockets. I'll add them shortly. I'll also add the extra info as well, I haven't had any issues, but I'm sure your suggestions are on point. I'll revise it tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Rota/Ark/UltraRacing/Moog/NGM/G-Games/Injen/KJBMotorsports/Mishimoto/Ingalls/Zefiro/Fujita/GT Tech/Tomato A&P/FFF/Midnight Wolf/ZMR/RRM/Fatmat/NRG/MOMO/RAYS/WORK/Greddy/Pioneer/Infinity/Streetwires/Falken/Aerocatch/EXLED/Glowshift/ATI/Optima/EXOS/SFR/Kickxtc/EvasiveMotorsports/Diode Dynamics/Wilwood

2011 4.6L Titanium Hyundai Genesis

Lessaj
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Lessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to all

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 11-18-2011 , 12:28 AM

Thanks for the DIY.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Nov - COTM - Best Regional Tiburon (Canada)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Rally Red Injen IS Cold Air Intake ;; Jun BL catback ;; DC headers ;; TWM STS ;; FL Headlights ;; 4300k HID Low//3000K HID Fogs ;; Shorty Antenna ;; 18x8 Tenzo DC-6 ;; Switchback Turn Signals ;; Lightweight Crank/Power Steering Pullies ;; Oil Catch Can ;; Seibon TS CF Hood ;; SMD Angel Eyes ;; HSD Coilovers
Canada OWNS NT

breeechan
Dedication to Thai Cuisine

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
breeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud of

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 11-18-2011 , 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessaj View Post
Thanks for the DIY.
you're welcome~~

Lightest DD tib? 2593 lbs and falling

Quote:
I wish I had 5 Guys inside of me right now...
Quote:
That is pretty much how I felt the first time I had Five Guys...

Goalmachine7
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Goalmachine7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 01-04-2012 , 07:12 PM

Those are sick

breeechan
Dedication to Thai Cuisine

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
breeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud ofbreeechan has much to be proud of

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 01-05-2012 , 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalmachine7 View Post
Those are sick
They are fantastic.

Lightest DD tib? 2593 lbs and falling

Quote:
I wish I had 5 Guys inside of me right now...
Quote:
That is pretty much how I felt the first time I had Five Guys...

WTBaTibby
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 01-10-2012 , 01:13 PM

heh, i need new rear brake pads and am considering getting the upgraded rotor and hats while I'm at it. I assume the stock brake pads work with the rear upgrade setup.

Plans: NGM Stage 4+ Sniper (400whp)
Currently: Stage 1.8 Sniper (mediocre whp)

SOLD as of 10/11/12

TCE
NewTiburon.com Rookie

TCE will become famous soon enough

Old Re: NEW: TCE/Wilwood Front BBK ! 01-10-2012 , 03:59 PM

If you're asking me; the stock caliper and pads are used.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.