New Tib Owner soon..Hopefully - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

Go Back   New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums > General Forums > Newbie Forum
NewTiburon.com is the premier Hyundai Tiburon Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

996TT
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Sex: Male
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
996TT is an unknown quantity at this point

Old New Tib Owner soon..Hopefully 04-22-2012 , 06:09 AM

Well, I've been in DSMs most my life due to my brother. I found a 03 Tib, looks good, has under 120k miles for 2.5k. Well, it was in a accident (Not Salvage) and the Air Bags deployed. Said in the section "Only around $150-200 for each side". Reading on though, I found it might cost thousands just to put them in (Wiring all that). Just wanted to know if its true? Both air bags deployed, but thats "all" it needs is Air Bags.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PRtibby
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
PRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nice

Old Re: New Tib Owner soon..Hopefully 04-22-2012 , 08:59 AM

With the passanger side air bag deployed you will have to buy a new dash also, unless you can live with the hole there....does the tib have seat air bags? if so add that to the cost of 2 new front seats with airbags....all that work will pretty much come out expensive def in the thousands....none the less welcome to NT and whatever you plan to do Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Original Owner of 03 tib (6speed)
** 2013 Car of the Month - Sept Best Red Tiburon **
Member profile:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

996TT
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
996TT is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: New Tib Owner soon..Hopefully 04-22-2012 , 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRtibby View Post
With the passanger side air bag deployed you will have to buy a new dash also, unless you can live with the hole there....does the tib have seat air bags? if so add that to the cost of 2 new front seats with airbags....all that work will pretty much come out expensive def in the thousands....none the less welcome to NT and whatever you plan to do Good luck
Not that I know of. Its a 2003 GT Tib 4spd. Basicly everything was replaced except for the air bags, New dash all that according to the owner by the insurance company which chose a local shop to fix it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.