Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

and so it begins

9K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  bigfoot 
#1 · (Edited)
So I finally came across some turbo parts. I couldn't pass up the deal.

All of the parts I got are:
Jattus log style turbo manifold
Down pipe
Waste gate and dump tube
Turbo
HKS bov
Oil/water feed and drain lines
Mishimoto rad hoses
Fuel pump
And fuel injectors

The only thing I need now is:
intercooler and piping
Afr/ boost gauge
And a piggy back

Hopefully I'll start my build by summer.
Any advice is welcomed.

Some pics

And for those who haven't seen my car

See less See more
#2 ·
Car looks very nice! Looks like your off to a great start as well, its exciting piecing together a build and watching it all come together is very rewarding.

#3 · (Edited)
I hope this doesn't show its ugly head around your build, im all for karma but wouldn't wish what im going through on anyone.

I am glad those turbo parts found a new home though, if I remember correctly the oil drain line was too long when installed into BawBag's oil pan, keep in mind you will have to shorten it to avoid a low spot which is not good.

Oh and the top mounting holes for the manifold will not work with the studs/nuts in the cylinder head, he also had to install low profile alan socket bolts to clear the welds.

#5 ·
good luck with the build. you're starting what I'm too afraid to get into because of Slow 2k2gt's luck. I'd love to have a boosted tibby around 190-200whp but I dont have the money needed for maintenance and troubleshooting. not to mention parts.

#6 ·
Don't let me stop you, my build is waaaay beyond average. For the power goal you have it wouldn't take much boost or require extensive supporting mods. The axle issue I'm having is the first I've ever seen, never once in my 8 motor pulls have I run into this type of problem.

Go for boost or go broke tryin'!

#13 ·
If the 2.5" will fit, why not? There isn't a way you can re-work the manifold to clear? Not many options there IMO.

#15 ·
I have the Jattus kit with the 3" downpipe but it sits rather close to the alternator which is now slightly singed. It fits beautifully though without any modifications so I guess someone as skilled as Matt could fab one up for you... Even the original downpipe mount on the bottom of the engine can be used with a larger pipe clamp.

Sorry I can't seem to find a pic of it actually installed

The eBay I/C seems a better size, mines about 30x12" but its possibly causing radiator airflow issues in mine :(

#21 · (Edited)
So I finally had the chance to buy more parts. I bought the FMIC, boost gauge, boost controller and vacuum manifold. I still need a few more parts like a afr gauge, gaskets, vacuum line and bolts.

Should start putting her together in about a month or so.

If anyone has a wideband for sell please pm me

#23 ·
Well honestly I'm just going to do 3-4 psi until I'm comfortable putting in the aem fic. I know people say not to do it but the guy who had this kit before me said he did it so why not? Once I do feel comfortable then I want to be in the 250-280 whp range on stock internals

#24 ·
Dude that's a nice setup so far! Good luck with the rest of the build man. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

#33 ·
I second this opinion. I'm using one myself and would recommend it. I have a friend that wants one now that he's seen mine.

#30 ·
zeitronix zt-2 is a really nice unit to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.