Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

caliper paint??

578 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Beezer1121 
#1 ·
well I have a little weekend project coming up as I want to paint my calipers red to get them ready for the Tuscani symbols that I have. What is the best paint to use for that?

#2 ·
need to search man,
just buy caliper paint @ a local auto store.... everyone has there favorite.
i bought the Duplicolor (brush on) @ Aid Auto but any place sells it... or G-2 is a big fave.
they are all good.
decide if you want to brush or tape up reel good and spray.
good luck

#5 ·
redtibby that looks great, i have a white tib/tuscani and want to paint them red to put on the white tuscani caliper decals.....more pics of your car!!!

#6 ·
I used the brush-on G2 paint and they look great. The brush gives a nice thick coat (I did two full coats) and so far no chips. Be sur your decals are heat tolerant.

#8 ·
If you can order it and get it in by the weekend I'd suggest G2, if not and you just have to paint it this weekend go with the Duplicolor. I did my calipers in red (Duplicolor kit) with the Tuscani lettering and the color is great. I've had a little bit of chipping that I've touched up. I can't reall complain about the duplicolors performance but I do wish I had gone with the G2 originally instead.

#9 ·
Just go to walmart and get the red paint kit. Its like $15 and works fine. I did three coats about 6 months ago and it still looks good

#10 ·
i dont HAVE to do it this weekend because all my tuscani tags havent come in yet (i got the tags for everywhere so no more Hyundai or Tiburon decals :3_puh2: ) its supposed to be a pretty nice weekend so i thought it would be a good project to get them ready for the decals. I think ill order the G2 paint and wait....where should I order it from or do you suggest just going with duplicolor?

#11 ·
got my dupli color brush on caliper paint and i'm ready to go. Didnt do it this weekend cause i got caught up in college stuff :3_steam: but ill post some pics when i do it this upcoming weekend. Thanks for the info guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.