1994 Chevy Cavalier Z24 with 3400 V-6 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

Go Back   New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums > Marketplace > Other Cars for Sale
NewTiburon.com is the premier Hyundai Tiburon Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Closed Thread

SScavy
NewTiburon.com Expert

Sex: Male
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SScavy

Old 1994 Chevy Cavalier Z24 with 3400 V-6 12-26-2007 , 04:53 AM

F/S: I have my 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 V-6 5 speed with 162500 miles on the body. This car is an absolute sleeper and a blast to drive. I have just purchased myself a 2003 Tiburon and no longer need this vehicle. I'd highly suggest using as purely a toy however it is very very streetable. I ran a best of a 13.3 @ 108.87 mph with this vehicle.

The vehicle has as follows: 2002 Oldsmobile Alero 3400 v-6 Engine running MPFI OBD 1. The motor has roughly 86,000 miles with new lower intake gaskets ($680.00). It has 19 lb/hr. injectors with a 255 ml/hr. walbro fuel pump ($120.00). Engine also has a throttle body bypass. The vehicle is purple as shown with a black RS hood that has hood pins as the only means of holding down the hood. The hood flew up on me a little while back and it shattered as they are fiberglass on the Z24's. I will however include a z24 hood that is grey in GREAT shape and just needs some paint to match. On the black hood is a stewart warner fuel pressure gauge in a nice external pod. The vehicle sits on 4 15" 2000 Celica GT rims wrapped in 225/50R15's with roughly 6,000 miles on them ($320.00). The car will also include the 4 stock rims with 4 tires in mediocre shape. Custom z24 third brake light.

The transmission has been replaced along with the drivers axle, passenger axle and the intermediate shaft ($510). The transmission received 2 new axle seals and GM synchromesh as required. The vehicle also has a custom home made short throw shifter and new shift and selector cables ($280.00). When the transmission was replaced about 1,000 miles ago I installed a new OEM flywheel and OEM clutch with t/o and slave bearing ($300.00).

The vehicle also has new brakes with less than 7,000 miles on them. New Calipers, rotors, pads, drums, shoes, spring kit, and wheel cylinders.

The vehicle is lowered on a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs with KYB struts and shocks. The front end has all new bushings throughout including Energy Suspension Sway Bar End links ($450.00).

The exhaust is a 2.5" manifold back mandrel bent system custom from Jbodyperformance.com with a magnaflow muffler and no cat ($300.00). I can include a gutted cat for no additional cost. The car has a straight pipe with O2 bung in place of the cat for a wideband set up ($60.00).

Stereo is as follows: 3 1/2" front Boston Acoustics, 2 mis matched pretty crappy rear speakers and the stock cassette player. Can throw in a really nice Eclipse deck pre-wired for the vehicle for an extra $170.00.

Amenities: Flip up/removable glass roof. Sunroof style. Power locks, interior trunk release, functional cup holder, power steering power and abs brakes. Ok not much! NO A/C it was removed however will bolt up if you would like to add it.

All sensors on the entire engine were replaced with the motor, LITERALLY ALL of them!!!

OK now for the bad!!!!

The vehicle needs a windshield to pass inspection: $125.00 installed. The car runs a touch rough and tends to stall when cold .... I think the IAC valve needs to be replaced: $35.00 And the exhaust leaks right off of the manifold which might add to the stalling issue when stone cold. Once it warms up there are no issues. Runs / Drives/ Shifts MINT!!! better than when I first bought it. The piece needed for the exhaust is sitting in my basement... Just needs to be welded on so I will include that. And of course has the z24 rust going on by the moldings and rockers.

The reason this car is a sleeper!!!

In the trunk lies a 1x filled nitrous express wet kit. Still has half a bottle left! It is currently jetted for a 75 shot. The car w/o driver weighs only 2480 lbs. FULL INTERIOR!!! minus jack/spare all trunk lining. I have only sprayed this engine 2x with this kit and it is a brand new kit. Kit cost me $520.00 and took roughly 9 hours to install. If you want to keep the spray I will leave it in for $600.00 on top of the price of the car. If you tuned the car with the nitrous they are known to react VERY VERY well to a 100 shot. I also have everything you would need to convert this car to SFI and / or OBD 2. Roughly a 35 h.p. gain! I would throw that in for only 50 bucks even though the M.A.F. is worth that alone let alone the ECU and full harness.

So off the bottle the car runs a 14.5 @ 95 mph and on the bottle 75 hp shot leaky exhaust ran a 13.3 @ 108.87 STREET TIRES!!!

As you can see I have invest many many hours and a few grand on this car. BUT THIS CAR IS NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART!!!! It will rip the wheel out of your hand on the highway if you spray it rolling at 70 mph smoking both front tires. This car is no joke because it is so light. With a 100 shot tuned and the forementioned exhaust fixed this car will run a mid to high 12 sec pass with nice sticky tires. Street tires this car runs 2.0 60 ft's

Anyways that's enough.... Any questions please ask if you need more pics please ask! And best of all I'm only looking to get $2000.00 for the car!!! $2600.00 with nitrous and $2650.00 with obd 2 and nitrous. I'll even post it all as OR B.R.O.

P.S. the car usually gets 26mpg. highway and 18 city if you were wondering. Fix the stuff mentioned it should bring it back up to 21/28.
Attached Images

Quick reply to this message  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SScavy
NewTiburon.com Expert

SScavy

Old Re: 1994 Chevy Cavalier Z24 with 3400 V-6 12-26-2007 , 05:14 AM

I am a big V-6 guy I love the way they drive etc... but like I said lol this is my daily driver. I just want to get close to 200 whp with it and leave it alone. If the nitrous does not sell with the car honestly I won't let it sit in my basement I'll install it on the Tib but prob only a 50 shot. Turbo's are fun and make good power but not on the new tib... I dont know what a good price is for these tiburons but I think I did okay with it. I bought a 2003 gt v-6 6 speed with 58K for $8200
I thought it was decent so thats why I bought it.

P.S. I PM'd Ryloth

aLiEn_sPoReZ
Former Staff

aLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another levelaLiEn_sPoReZ is on another level

Old Re: 1994 Chevy Cavalier Z24 with 3400 V-6 12-26-2007 , 09:30 AM

Since you PM'd Ryloth regarding this thread, I will temporarily close it pending his approval. If he approves, he will re-open it.

Quote:
Charles2p's tib is so fast, his low light beams illuminate the back of his car.

Last edited by aLiEn_sPoReZ; 12-26-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.