eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

Go Back   New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums > GK Appearance / Audio (03+) > Audio & Security
NewTiburon.com is the premier Hyundai Tiburon Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Sex: Male
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light

Old eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 02-25-2010 , 02:17 AM

After my somewhat extensive research online, I came to understand that there are two main types of adhesive for most sound deadening materials -- asphalt-based and butyl-based. For example, Fatmat is made out of asphalt, while Dynamat Xtreme uses butyl. It's not hard to figure out by that example that butyl is the way to go.

I have moved all of this content to TurboTiburonTips.com so I can compile a one-stop collection of all the knowledge and info I have gathered over the past couple years. RYLOTH WAS INFORMED OF THE MOVE. Click here to check it out!

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.

Last edited by heratik; 01-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

noissesboyobyalp
NewTiburon.com Newbie

noissesboyobyalp has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-01-2010 , 06:49 AM

even though fatmat may be asphalt, i didn't get any of the smelling at room temp, even with my nose right next to it. maybe they have recently changed it. i really liked fatmat, i paid 130 for the 100 ft roll, but i will deffintally take this stuff into consideration on my next build.

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-02-2010 , 08:50 AM

I'm sure it has very similar deadening properties as fatmat. The difference between asphalt and butyl though, is the potential for smell and how well the adhesive holds up over time. I don't think they changed fatmat, I just think that some batches smell more than others...I have no idea why. I've read that it both smelled horrible and that it didn't smell at all...about 50/50.

I'm sure I would be happy with fatmat, but when you can get a better quality composite for cheaper, why not, right?

Thanks for chiming in. It's been quiet in here. Does no one use sound deadening these days?

all4spl
NewTiburon.com God

all4spl

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-02-2010 , 09:21 AM

i've had edead on my old cavalier and it started coming off. i made sure i cleaned the metal and used a heatgun so i went with secondskin this time. but good luck!

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-02-2010 , 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4spl View Post
i've had edead on my old cavalier and it started coming off. i made sure i cleaned the metal and used a heatgun so i went with secondskin this time. but good luck!
lol, you are bound and determined to get your point across, aren't you.

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-02-2010 , 06:23 PM

Ordered another 15 ft today. I can't believe the turnaround time. Ordered today (Tuesday), and it will be here on Thursday.

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 08:55 AM

The tib is still in pieces, but I have the front seats and carpet in. The rest of the deadener and interior is going in tonight, and then I'll update my 2010 mod journal.

I had to drive it to work today. Even with the interior mostly gone, the doors thud when I close them and I can barely hear my exhaust on the highway. I ended up using 1 layer complete coverage from the trunk to the firewall, and then a partial second layer, strategically placed. I don't see a need for anymore. Good stuff!

04TIBURONGT
NewTiburon.com God

04TIBURONGT will become famous soon enough

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 09:38 AM

sounds like a lot of work chad. Sounds like it's deffinately paying off though. Got any pic's of your progress? Or did i miss that thread lol.. ... ..

ZEX Nitrous, NGM St.lV lower manifold, Headers, Tsudo catback, Magnaflow high flow cat, AEM CAI, Fidanza flywheel, CM st.4 4puck ,weopon R damper, RRM rear strut bar, polly motor mount inserts, VIS CYBER hood, Gunmetal Motegi Racing SP5 wheels, Tint, Dropzone springs, Angel eyes, Red out's, Ark short antenna, 2 seater conversion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 10:07 AM

Yes, ridiculous amount of work. And of course, the wife is pissy that I stole her car most of the week. I haven't posted pics. I'll be posting them in my 2010 journal when I'm done.

TibbyTurnedTuscani
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 12:28 PM

Good work Chad.... like I said before, time to do mine! I'll supervise.

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L

heratik
NewTiburon.com God

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibbyTurnedTuscani View Post
Good work Chad.... like I said before, time to do mine! I'll supervise.
Switch the roles and I'll be happy to hang out, supervise, and hand you tools here and there.

In all seriousness, hope you guys don't want to do this, because I sure as hell ain't participating. It is painful, difficult, and insanely time consuming to do it right. Even more annoying when you get to the end of the last roll and need a lot more.

TibbyTurnedTuscani
Always Here To Help

TibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of lightTibbyTurnedTuscani is a glorious beacon of light

Old Re: eDead 45 Sound Deadener Review 03-04-2010 , 01:06 PM

Sounds good Chad.... Well I can't wait to see pics (not sure if you posted any since I cant see any here at work).

*** The Helper-Mod of The People ***

Current Modded Toys List: GSXR-650, IceBear 150cc Scooter, Manco 6.5hp Go-Kart, 4x4 Ranger 4.0L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.