Originally Posted by Octanerush
I'm definitely interested in this kit and actually saw this kit when i was researching push start button systems a few months ago. but i'd like to know a few things first.
1. is there a safety for manual cars for the remote start system (I installed a remote start on all my cars and usually too lazy to run the manual transmission module, my last car ran through the garage door, now i install the MT module lol)
2. how does the steering lock get bypassed?
3. that digital keypad thingy, it looks like it's installed behind the windshield (from the inside of the car) is that true? if so that's quite neat.
4. what is the range on the remote? (2 part question)
-what is the outer range of the proximity sensor (farthest point to the car before it unlocks), (I don't want to be in my room and my car stays unlock)
-what is the maximum distance you can remote start your car from? (my current remote start system is rated at 1600 feet, although i bet it's only under certain conditions)
Thank you for asking~
1. You must be kidding~~! ran in to garage door? !!! lol
There is one cable/connection you need to connect to handbrake (for manual tranny) in order to make the car start or turn off, means that the hand brake must be up in order to make the car start or turn off. So if the hand brake is down it won't respond to remote start nor ignite.
And for auto tranny there are 2 options 1 is same as manual and the other is to connect to shift P(parking) and will work in the same way. Car must be in P in order to start on/off and will never turn off in D,N,R so if you push the start button accidentally when driving it won't turn off~ safety measures.
2. You have to sacrifice a key, have to cut a key and leave it in ignition key fob. It will keep steering wheels unlocked~ but some really good installers they do leave steering wheels unlock with out the key.
3. Yeap~ it goes in the windshield and has level of sensitivity you can set. Low, mid, high. this is because in Korea due to high heat, they tint the windshields also~ (crazy~) so for dark tints needs to be in high sensitivity but for clear ones low is more than enough~
4. - Don't worry, It's about 2~4 feets.
- About half mile but all depends on the surrounding building, cars and the condition of the battery in key fob.
If you have more questions~ please ASK~