Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

Go Back   New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums > GK Performance (03+) > V6 - Naturally Aspirated
NewTiburon.com is the premier Hyundai Tiburon Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Closed Thread

MrPhotoman
NewTiburon.com Unemployed

Sex: Male
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough

Old Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-24-2005 , 06:42 PM

Well we all know about those pesky canister close valves! Mine went bad and caused a cell when I left the dealership Friday for the o2 ECU recall. When I took it back today he said the canister close valve was sticking so they replaced it. What the hell does the canister close valve do? It made the CEL go away so I am happy.

BTW, that was my first trip to the dealer since I bought the car over a year ago. I thought for sure I voided my warranty! After the ECU flash the parts department manager and the mechanic wanted to speak to me, I thought oh great here it goes! Well they just wanted to tell me that my car looked great, he loved all the mods and wanted to know what all I had done to it. He said he was worried that I had reprogrammed the ECU and said that if I did I should check to see if it erased anything when he updated it. The parts manager said that he has been doing some mods to his tiburon as well and wanted to know some places to buy parts, etc!

My ECU must have been doing a crappy job of reading the o2 sensors before the reflash because it runs great now! This has been such a reliable car so far!

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp

Last edited by MrPhotoman; 01-24-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    Quick reply to this message  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

shady
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
shady will become famous soon enough

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-24-2005 , 10:50 PM

I wish I had your luck. I've had my tiburon for less than a month. So far: doesn't start below 20 degrees without 3-4 stalls, remote locks quit working today, CEL occasionally, etc. But, so far everything is warrantied it just sucks taking it in all the time.

DemonEyez
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DemonEyez is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-25-2005 , 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotoman
Well we all know about those pesky canister close valves! Mine went bad and caused a cell when I left the dealership Friday for the o2 ECU recall. When I took it back today he said the canister close valve was sticking so they replaced it. What the hell does the canister close valve do? It made the CEL go away so I am happy.

BTW, that was my first trip to the dealer since I bought the car over a year ago. I thought for sure I voided my warranty! After the ECU flash the parts department manager and the mechanic wanted to speak to me, I thought oh great here it goes! Well they just wanted to tell me that my car looked great, he loved all the mods and wanted to know what all I had done to it. He said he was worried that I had reprogrammed the ECU and said that if I did I should check to see if it erased anything when he updated it. The parts manager said that he has been doing some mods to his tiburon as well and wanted to know some places to buy parts, etc!

My ECU must have been doing a crappy job of reading the o2 sensors before the reflash because it runs great now! This has been such a reliable car so far!
anything to do with the gas tank?

cus if so mine went bad a long time ago too

BLOOORB

PewpMaster
NewTiburon.com God

PewpMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-25-2005 , 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
I wish I had your luck. I've had my tiburon for less than a month. So far: doesn't start below 20 degrees without 3-4 stalls, remote locks quit working today, CEL occasionally, etc. But, so far everything is warrantied it just sucks taking it in all the time.

sounds like you have a lemon.. i have 3 bad cylinders in my car right now and it was sitting for a month in sub zero temps and started up no problem on the first try... this car i think is very reliable, especially if you leave it stock or close to stock... even boosted it's a great car.

i wish my dealership was that cool... i took my car in cause i thought the synchros were going out (turns out that the shop that did my clutch/flywheel put the wrong ****in tranny fluid in) and they saw the CAI clutch and flywheel and told me that there would be no warranty work done. luckily i found a place that did look at it without *****ing about the mods and it turned out to be the wrong god damn tranny fluid as stated before...

it seems like finding a cool dealership is a hit or miss situation. i don't understand why people are so quick to sell you something and talk about how much aftermarket **** there is (which wasn't all that true when i got mine), and then when you go and put **** on your car then throw a fit. not to mention they even sell modded tibs... ****in hypocrite bastards.

twiztidwraith
NewTiburon.com Rookie

twiztidwraith is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-29-2005 , 11:39 AM

what's a cel *covers head*

YellowTuscRcr
NewTiburon.com Post Master

YellowTuscRcr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-29-2005 , 11:42 AM

check engine light

Honk if you love peace and quiet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrPhotoman
NewTiburon.com Unemployed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
MrPhotoman will become famous soon enoughMrPhotoman will become famous soon enough

Old Re: Canister Close Valve caused a CEL!! 01-29-2005 , 11:42 AM

I think that is when your gf gives you a bj in your car, someone walks by and looks in the window then you throw your jacket over her "aka covers head" so they can not see what she is doing to you.

j/k

not sure what that cel is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidwraith
what's a cel *covers head*

Mods: seafoam: +487whp, pulstar plugs: +914.3whp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.