Actual size of the gas tank?? - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#26 Old 06-03-2004, 03:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tibbyjohn39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Actual size of the gas tank??

i just filled up tonight... 13.078 gallons from JUST above the empty line with the gas light on for over 10 miles.... pump turned off and i kept it going for another half gallon or so and then i started worrying about overflling....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 Old 06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

tibfan is an unknown quantity at this point

[Frankly if I can get over 320 miles out of a tankful (in the car) then I don't really care if the tank holds 14.2 (dealer claim) or 17 (other folks)...I just enjoy the drive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#28 Old 06-05-2004, 03:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

JaxChris is an unknown quantity at this point

14.5 US Gallons is the volume of just the gas tank. But your gas tank has a pipe of about 1.25" diameter leading from your gas door to the gas tank. Filling up that pipe will let you hold extra gas, but it's not adviced. Reason for this is because that pipe just slides into your tank with just a rubber grommet keeping it "snug".

That grommet won't always be nice and tight over time and allowing gas to sit in that pipe will increase the rate at which that grommet ages. So one day that gas in the pipe will be wasted money because it will start to leak out thru it when your tank is overfilled.

Also, all gas needles fluctuate. They are just an approximation. And I believe, may be wrong, but I believe all US sold vehicles must have their gas light come on when there is atleast approximately 50 miles of gas left in the vehicle. Your computer is told what it's peak mpg is and figures, based on a varying gas gauge, when you have 50 miles worth of gas left.
#29 Old 06-05-2004, 03:43 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

ShiftMatiX is an unknown quantity at this point

i just put 47 Litres in my gas tank And i still have some...lights wasnt even on. And i didnt even top it.

canadian tibs i have 55 L tanks methinks

btw at 0.99$ per litre = wallet rape

2003 Silver Tiburon - STOLEN
2004 Black SRT-4

Last edited by ShiftMatiX; 06-05-2004 at 03:56 AM.
#30 Old 06-06-2004, 02:22 AM
NewTiburon.com God

SecondGT
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris
And I believe, may be wrong, but I believe all US sold vehicles must have their gas light come on when there is atleast approximately 50 miles of gas left in the vehicle. Your computer is told what it's peak mpg is and figures, based on a varying gas gauge, when you have 50 miles worth of gas left.
i had about 75 miles left (3 gallons) on my Probe when the light came on, and my durango's light came on when there was about 4-5 gallons left (60-75miles). i think its different for every car

2003 GT 6-speed w/ many mods -SOLD-

1995 Corvette 6-speed
2005 Tucson GLS 2.7 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.