LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 06-22-2008, 12:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Addicted2Speed
(Thread Starter)
Torque wrench recommendation

I'm starting to get serious in this hobby. I think it's time to invest in a torque wrench. What is the typical torque range of the bolts on a V6 Tiburon? I would like to buy just one if possible since they're so expensive.

Please throw in a brand and model name (i.e. Craftsman, Kobalt, Harbor Freight, etc.).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

garcbomber is infamous around these partsgarcbomber is infamous around these parts
Re: Torque wrench recommendation

Snap-On(125 lb) will accommodate any bolt you need to torque on the car...
Even though most of the time I just use my right tricep to toque bolts....

Last edited by garcbomber; 06-22-2008 at 12:43 PM.
#3 Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
NewTiburon.com God

gt_tibby will become famous soon enough

my cousin has the snap on one like mentioned, and it works like a dream

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 06-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

paxx is an unknown quantity at this point

F snap on.. too expensive. Craftsmen has a couple of nice torque wrenches, if still too pricey look into husky. All have lifetime warranties.
#5 Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
krazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond repute

either snap on, or crasftsmen. dont buy somthing cheap that your car depends on if not done right.... that does not sound right. but you know what i mean

2008 toyota prius-Intake, exhaust, lambo doors, leds, spoiler, and more
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
#6 Old 06-22-2008, 01:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

JPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to all

harbor frieght is great for deals, but not sure if i'd get a torque wrench from them....

As stated, I'd go with craftsman, kobalt, or husky... they are all pretty much the same quality and price and all have warranties. Not sure what the TW warranty is since its not a standard wrench, so make sure you get the details if that concerns you. I would be surprised if, like paxx said, they are warrantied for lifetime since they require adjustments and calibration. I would think they would be warrantied more like power tools.

I don't know if husky and kobalt have instore exchange like craftsman does either...

Snap-On will be of high quality, but you're gonna pay a pretty penny for it. It will also have some kind of warranty on it.

All the warranty info is available online at the respective sites.

I'd also just get a 3/8 wrench. No need for the 1/2. Most bolts that would be of concern for you can be handled with a 3/8 wrench. Hell, I don't have one, nor do most people, so I just bolted down my manifold with a standard ratchet.

I givz u post count bak. hW
thank u. It was hell being a newb again....
#7 Old 06-23-2008, 01:56 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Wagtoda3rd is a glorious beacon of lightWagtoda3rd is a glorious beacon of lightWagtoda3rd is a glorious beacon of lightWagtoda3rd is a glorious beacon of lightWagtoda3rd is a glorious beacon of light

I got a husky. Craftsman doesnt offer lifetime warrenty on their torque wrenches anymore so **** that. Husky is lifetime warrenty on top of being 30$ cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.