LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
04TcAniLuV is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Key FOB trouble - common?

So my key fob stopped working. Naturally I assumed it was the battery and changed it but its still not working. The red light wont even light up on the fob itself. Any ideas what it could be? I saw in a few earlier posts people mentioning key fob issues. any ideas, let me know - never had one die on me before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

tibbysabes
Re: Key FOB trouble - common?

same thing happended to me. in fact the damn thing still doesnt work. i changed out the batt twice but still same situation. Now i just do it manually and stick the key in the door. I dont even wanna know what the dealer is going to charge and figured i will get an aftermarket alarm system soon anyway.
#3 Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
NewTiburon.com God

KevinSmith will become famous soon enough

Sometimes the key gets out of sync with the car. Try this:

1. Put key in ignition.
2. Turn ignition to the ACC ON (all the way on but not started yet)
3. Hold the LOCK (or is it unlock?) button down on the key fob for about 5-10 seconds.

The lights should blink on and off. And then it's set again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf03tib View Post
Everytime a Honda gets beat an angel gets its wings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You wash your car like it was your firstborn child, you tend to its needs like it was your own body, you protect it like it's your family, then you drive it like you stole it.
#4 Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 PM
NewTiburon.com God

heratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of lightheratik is a glorious beacon of light

Your battery could need set more securely in the keyfob. Check out this thread...

Managing That Unruly Factory Alarm

Hello, my name is heratik and I'm a recovering boost addict.
#5 Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

1wild1

6 years...third set. There is an issue with them. Not sending signal. It isn't the battery and it isn't a reset...yes I do know the reset well have had to use it several times...lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

tibbysabes

i too have done the reset at least 10 times. after the reset it works for about 5 locks and unlocks then back to stage 1. just fed up with dealing with it and dont really care. the stock alarm sucks anyway lol
#7 Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

04TcAniLuV is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for all the feedback. I will try reset. I have been just using the key in the door like its 1992 - kinda bootleg but whatever. thanks
#8 Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Tiburon05i4

My keyfob didn't have any issues until I had to change the battery, once I opened it up and changed the battery I have had to reset it a few times, and to take out the battery again and again. I don't think it likes the new battery for whatever reason

I recently pulled the actual encasing to the battery off of the chipset by accident... And now need a new keyfob... yaaay

The funny thing is, since I closed it all together again it still works since the battery holder still makes contact with the chip. But eventually I will just solder it together again before buying a new one
#9 Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

hmxtibby is an unknown quantity at this point

How about mine. I have had to change my whole security system twice and I still have problems every once in awhile.

#10 Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

redcoop is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon you guys, just resolder the battery holder to the PC Board. Had to do mine a couple of times. It should be part of the 20K service schedule LOL. Just a cr@ppy design. Live with it .
Ciao

#11 Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

bradley_80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya when I first bought the car the dealer told me the key fob didn't work; followed the steps above on how to sync it again then it worked. Most recently though, i was having trouble with the remote so I replaced the battery. That didn't help, was told the battery holder/wires needed to be soldered blah blah blah. Was getting a remote start so i figured it was probably cheaper than a new key fob anyways lol
#12 Old 01-07-2010, 01:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

ShouGun will become famous soon enough

yea changing the battery didn´t help, took it apart and indeed, the battery holder had come loose. Went the easy way and now using my second fob until that stops working too. Good reason to buy a better aftermarket alarm
#13 Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
aushiasami

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbysabes View Post
i too have done the reset at least 10 times. after the reset it works for about 5 locks and unlocks then back to stage 1. just fed up with dealing with it and dont really care. the stock alarm sucks anyway lol
these tibs have an alarm?? my car never came with a key fob

#14 Old 01-07-2010, 01:30 PM

jeih332003 will become famous soon enough

ive got an original key fob for my 03 i dont use because i installed a viper alarm along with a remote start anyone want it pm me all id want you to pay for is shipping

#15 Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jgordon0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushiasami View Post
these tibs have an alarm?? my car never came with a key fob
Yea, even though you don't have the fob, if you locked the car with it and then unlocked the car with the key, the alarm would sound, vice versa, disabling the engine.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4
Mods: Fujita SRI, ARK Shorty Antenna, Red-Outs, Mesh Grille, Red Brake Calipers
Future Mods: Watch Spoiler Fade & Drivers Door Rust

NT Loves Insurance Fraud!.....127k and counting...
#16 Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com God

alpinewhite is just really nicealpinewhite is just really nicealpinewhite is just really nice

you can get new/used fobs on ebay pretty cheap. just have to re-program them.

~~2007 Volkswagen GTI DSG~~ Neuspeed Intake, blackout sidemarkers, bicycle rack.

#17 Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Tiburon11725 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinSmith View Post
Sometimes the key gets out of sync with the car. Try this:

1. Put key in ignition.
2. Turn ignition to the ACC ON (all the way on but not started yet)
3. Hold the LOCK (or is it unlock?) button down on the key fob for about 5-10 seconds.

The lights should blink on and off. And then it's set again.
These steps are indeed correct but I will clarify the buttons in #3. You do steps 1 and 2, then you actually hold down lock and unlock at the same time, then yes, the lights should blink, especially the directional arrows on the dash.

Then turn the key to off, and pull the key out, and give the buttons a try

This had happened to me 3 times, and this worked every time. Both sets did this to me : =/ but its a easy fix
#18 Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
dlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoop View Post
C'mon you guys, just resolder the battery holder to the PC Board. Had to do mine a couple of times. It should be part of the 20K service schedule LOL. Just a cr@ppy design. Live with it .
Ciao
Yah, this pretty much fixes your fob woes. Did this years ago. It's very common from what the dealer told me. They recommended electrical tape until I buy a new one, but I just soldered mine and it's been working great for 2 yrs now.

03 Tiburon GT 6 speed Assassin supercharged, NGM race shortblock, Stage 2 heads, NGM stage 1 cams, NGM 90mm throttle body, Hydra 2.6 EMS, 460cc inejectors, Bosch 190lph fuel pump, SSA headers/cat-back, 3.5" SRI, NGM twin disc clutch, Phantom grip LSD conversion, KJB delrin cable bushings, Mishimoto radiator, Ark 22mm rear sway bar, Vogtland springs, Koni adjustable shocks, MOOG endlinks & tie-rods, XG350 brake conversion.
#19 Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM

L-ski will become famous soon enoughL-ski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgordon0505 View Post
Yea, even though you don't have the fob, if you locked the car with it and then unlocked the car with the key, the alarm would sound, vice versa, disabling the engine.
this is true and I hate it haha. My fob will make the lights blink but NOT lock the door, then when i go to open it with the key after manually locking it, the alarm goes off, this is usually at like 3am waking the entire neighborhood up. Hyundai knows how to make a horn thats for sure...

Stance in my pants

Raceland Coilovers~~~17x9 +24~~~ 205/40~~~25mm rear adapters~~~18 wheeler shift extension~~~Fart cans n stuff
#20 Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
dlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to all

This is the weak point where I needed to solder mine.

03 Tiburon GT 6 speed Assassin supercharged, NGM race shortblock, Stage 2 heads, NGM stage 1 cams, NGM 90mm throttle body, Hydra 2.6 EMS, 460cc inejectors, Bosch 190lph fuel pump, SSA headers/cat-back, 3.5" SRI, NGM twin disc clutch, Phantom grip LSD conversion, KJB delrin cable bushings, Mishimoto radiator, Ark 22mm rear sway bar, Vogtland springs, Koni adjustable shocks, MOOG endlinks & tie-rods, XG350 brake conversion.
#21 Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 AM

Danin Re'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon11725 View Post
These steps are indeed correct but I will clarify the buttons in #3. You do steps 1 and 2, then you actually hold down lock and unlock at the same time, then yes, the lights should blink, especially the directional arrows on the dash.

Then turn the key to off, and pull the key out, and give the buttons a try

This had happened to me 3 times, and this worked every time. Both sets did this to me : =/ but its a easy fix
My lights, turn signals on dash or otherwise, don't flash when I do this and the fob still doesn't work.

Just tonight, I went outside to grab something out and the car wouldn't unlock with the fob. I noticed that the red light on the fob, when pushing lock or unlock, blinks rapidly for a few seconds then goes out.

When trying to reset, with the directions above, the red light blinks rapidly while holding the lock and unlock buttons, for as long as I hold the buttons, but nothing else happens.

Any ideas?

A conversation between me and a patient the other day:
"Your heart is beating too fast. I'm going to give you this medication that will momentarily stop your heart. It should restart in a few seconds."
"Stop my heart? Do we really have to do that?"
"No, but it will stop on it's own here shortly anyway and then it'll be harder to restart."
"Oh, okay then."
#22 Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 AM

Danin Re'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danin Re' View Post
My lights, turn signals on dash or otherwise, don't flash when I do this and the fob still doesn't work.

Just tonight, I went outside to grab something out and the car wouldn't unlock with the fob. I noticed that the red light on the fob, when pushing lock or unlock, blinks rapidly for a few seconds then goes out.

When trying to reset, with the directions above, the red light blinks rapidly while holding the lock and unlock buttons, for as long as I hold the buttons, but nothing else happens.

Any ideas?
Yeah... nevermind. Acc....

"Your heart is beating too fast. I'm going to give you this medication that will momentarily stop your heart. It should restart in a few seconds."
"No, but it will stop on it's own here shortly anyway and then it'll be harder to restart."
"Oh, okay then."
#23 Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Hater With No Friends

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Why the flying **** did you bump this? Old thread is old. It is against the rules to bump a thread older than a month.

Mr Köppen is so like the fat woman full of vitality. ! !
#24 Old 05-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Danin Re'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03redTuscani View Post
Why the flying **** did you bump this? Old thread is old. It is against the rules to bump a thread older than a month.
Obviously just to annoy the hell out of you. Why else would anyone post in an old thread?

"Oh, okay then."
#25 Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Hater With No Friends

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danin Re' View Post
Obviously just to annoy the hell out of you. Why else would anyone post in an old thread?
Any NEW and/or UPDATED information. None of which you provided, as everything on this topic has been discussed here or elsewhere.

Not to mention that the thread was originally created over a year ago. I doubt the OP is still having this issue.

Mr Köppen is so like the fat woman full of vitality. ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.