LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
06jack85 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Talking Best tires evar!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to chip in my two cents. I may have found the best tire in a stock size for a Tibby! I bought a set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's in size 215 45ZR17, and they might be the best tires I've ever had. They suck in snow (as all 45% aspect tires do,) but on dry road they are phenomenal, and on wet road they still aren't bad at all. I bet I'll trash my gearbox before getting rubber in 3rd gear with these tires. No joke. Plus, they are only $117 a piece at Pep Boys, where you get a buy 3 get one free deal. If anyone else uses these tires I'd like to hear what you think of them. Also, if anyone has found a better bang for their buck, I'd like to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

jwilly
Re: Best tires evar!

ordering them thursday ill let ya know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DC Sports 3-1 headers, custom catback with magnaflow resonator, AEM intake, ASA GT5 17x7, kenwood double din, OEM highrise, 55w ddmtuning hid 10k highs and lows, 35w ddmtuning hid 8k
#3 Old 07-25-2011, 07:26 PM
NewTiburon.com God

nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06jack85 View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to chip in my two cents. I may have found the best tire in a stock size for a Tibby! I bought a set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's in size 215 45ZR17, and they might be the best tires I've ever had. They suck in snow (as all 45% aspect tires do,) but on dry road they are phenomenal, and on wet road they still aren't bad at all. I bet I'll trash my gearbox before getting rubber in 3rd gear with these tires. No joke. Plus, they are only $117 a piece at Pep Boys, where you get a buy 3 get one free deal. If anyone else uses these tires I'd like to hear what you think of them. Also, if anyone has found a better bang for their buck, I'd like to know.
thank you ..someone agreed with me these tires are **** for daily drivers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Tcarboy7 will become famous soon enoughTcarboy7 will become famous soon enough

i have BF GOODRICH KDW's...that are like 150 a piece but i love them lol, good job finding a nice tire

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6SPD
BONE STOCK
#5 Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Spartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of light

not a bad price. I'm going to need to get some all-seasons for my stock wheels soon, because I haven't saved enough yet to get slicks and autocrossing has just been murdering my street tires.

#6 Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Driver

I came into this thread thinking 'that'd be crazy if they're the same tires I just put on.' Sure enough.

2003 Silver Tiburon GT auto, High Rise Spoiler, Smoked Tails, Injen SRI, FL coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.