#26 Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
barker7676 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bikes in a TIb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr4Mylady View Post
Before I bought my bike rack, I tried fitting my specialized hardrock in the back. The seats don't go down do they...?
I think folks are surprised you don't realize your seats go down...

2003 Silver Tib GT 6spd, Assassin S/C and tons of other goodies... *for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
h8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really nice

Haha, really. How could you not realise they go down?
#28 Old 04-24-2012, 04:28 PM
NewTiburon.com God

saikoi

<........Silver Street Shark........>

^ Bfresh - Thule Base rack. Just cuz its $200 (new) doesnt mean you cant find one for alot cheaper in used form.

FOR SALE / PART OUT : 2003 TIBURON GT V6 w/ 6-SPD : 88k miles : PM for more info!!! Located in Lancaster/Lititz, PA (17543)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#29 Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Gravatrax is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr4Mylady View Post
There is my bike rack. Only picture I got.
Nice. Sorry I didn't keep up with this thread

I think I'm gonna go with the Saris, Pretty inexpensive too only 135$ for two bikes. I have the low rise spoiler. How does it feel? Pretty secure?

I don't think I'm going to be getting the rack right off the bat. I can deal with taking the wheel off but down the road. SO for now Ill definetly wrap it in a blanket or sheet. Kinda have to after hitting up a trail.

Last edited by Gravatrax; 05-08-2012 at 03:42 PM.
#30 Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mohr4Mylady is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravatrax View Post
Nice. Sorry I didn't keep up with this thread

I think I'm gonna go with the Saris, Pretty inexpensive too only 135$ for two bikes. I have the low rise spoiler. How does it feel? Pretty secure?

I don't think I'm going to be getting the rack right off the bat. I can deal with taking the wheel off but down the road. SO for now Ill definetly wrap it in a blanket or sheet. Kinda have to after hitting up a trail.
Yeah It feels great on there. I always watch it in the mirror when I go over railroad tracks and what not. It's a great bike rack. I put folded up little towels under the 3 arms that touch the car though because I dont want any marks. Learned the hard way =[
#31 Old 05-26-2012, 03:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

My Saris Bones 2 Rack. For the most part seems to be pretty sturdy, its a little wobbly but a little play isn't such a bad thing. I have the bike pretty close to my car and the pedal is rubbing on hatch so i put a was cloth over it to prevent it from doing damage.
#32 Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

Whoa sorry the pictures are so big, should have resized them :/ My bad.
I think Ill get the Saris Bike Cable lock. They are about 8 feet long and that owuld be plenty to possibly secure the bikes rack to the rack Probably run it through the spoiler back over through the saris rack's hole thing, around the frames and possibly even the wheels if it permits.
#33 Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 PM
shh... I'm printing!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
GK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to beholdGK27V6 is a splendid one to behold

Twice I have put a bicycle in my Tib. Just fold the rear seat(s) down and push the passenger seat forward. Done. No need to remove a wheel or anything. Put the front of the bike where the passenger seat is and the rear wheel at the end of the hatch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#34 Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of

I have a hitch on my car (was already like that) so I can get a bike rack and put it there!

In your case, the bike rack that attach to the trunk is a good option, but put some piece of rubber where the bracket will hold to the car because it can scratch the paint really bad (it happens to my GF's car).

But, I was able to put my mountain bike (22" wheels) in the car without removing the front tire. The hatch was closing perfectly. Just put the front wheel at a vertical position between the folded back seats and the front seats... I don't know if you understand what I mean, but if you do it that way, it is the same thing as if you were removing the front wheel.

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.