Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Code Issue

547 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  caconman424 
#1 ·
Recently threw a po121 code and have since diagnosed that the TPS readings are in spec.

My car has been experiencing bucking stumbling issues intermittently.

Please let me know if anyone has had this issue before and what happened?

I'm thinking a lymph node, exhaust clog, or Ecm could be a possibility.

Thanks!

(04' GT)

#2 ·
What did you do to verify it was within spec?

Just to be sure, typical testing includes checking the signal power for 5v with a multimeter, verified a good ground using an ohm test, and doing a sweep of the sensor itself with a multimeter and watched the voltage gradually raise to make sure no flat spots are seen. You see .5v while throttle is closed, and about 4.5v while at WOT. Anything byond those numbers typically will set that code.

Also verify the electrical connector is nice and tight on the sensor itself.

If you havent done all of the above, I would double check that.

If everything does check out, youre next bet is to test how the ecu is sensing the signal by using a scan tool, but ill explain later if you would like.

If all checks out, keep searching for other issues as the tps is probably not your issue. Does the car do show symptoms at idle or under load? Or both? Could be a vacuum leak or a fuel issue as well. Hope that helps

#3 ·
caconman424 thanks for that great advice.

After cleaning the TPS it must have been in limp mode, because not a lot of power was coming from acceleration. After resetting the code, the difference has been night and day.

All your information is great and helpful if symptoms should reoccur. I'm just thankful that everything is back to normal and didn't hurt the vehicle's performance..

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.