Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Headlight problem

664 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Vilemourn 
#1 ·
Okay, so I recently had my HID bulbs and ballists replaced. My problem is my drivers side light shines upwards while my passenger side light shines downward. I took it back up to the shop and the guys and I looked for a "adjuster" for the bulbs, nothing. So my question is, has anyone had this problem/how can I fix the position they shine.

On a side note , I do not enjoy the new interface this site has now, and thus so am still learning my way around. If you do have any advice a response would be appreciated, but a private message will be more efficient. Plz Plz Plz community!!!

#2 ·
High beam alignment is based on how the headlight assembly mounts to the car.
The low beams is based on how the bulb fits the housing as well as the adjustment on the metal just above the headlight assembly. There are "left/right" as well as "up/down" adjustments available.

Make sure the bulbs are correctly seated.

#4 ·
In the metal frame that holds the 2 top headlight mounts are holes ~3/8" diameter. A long (~8" long) phillips screwdriver goes straight down through the hole to a "gear" to make low beam adjustments.
There is a "label" molded in the headlight plastic, but you need good light to see it.
One adjustment is up/down, the other is left/right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.