Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Post# 100. I can $ell now...but!

539 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  oni888 
#1 · (Edited)
Great achievement, I reached 100 posts today, allowing me to sell goodies here to my fellow shark owners. Don't like stories, skip the next two paragraphs.

Seeing all these oem parts laying around is like seeing my kid's life photo album. Each one has a bit of a story behind it reminding me of the Tib's exciting ownership. While a lot of people rebadged, debadged or shaved and tossed their drunken H (my first mod). I still have it. Why? I don't know! It's never going back on the Tib anyways. I can't explain it nor justify tossing a perfectly good badge hahahaha.

How about the slave cylinder valve? (Yup, I still have it) Nobody forgets the first time you took the Tib out after that mod! Good or bad, still a memory only to be remembered by the sight of that thing.

Anyways, the reason I have made it to 100 is because of this great forum. It stays alive thanks to all of you committed/passionate tiburon owners that are giving away your wisdom for us newbies who aspire to continue the passion for our beloved Tibbies and keep them on the roads.

Special thanks to, @Charlie-III @NewTibOwner2011 @bblackmoor @dmdicks @kellydood @Phoebus @KelConquer @NoSloppy @Acura_Kal

Your knowledge has helped me greatly on this journey.

THANK YOU, or how we say it in PR, MUCHAS GRACIAS.

See less See more
#2 ·
¡De nada!

Congrats on the 100th post. :)

I'm glad that I could have helped you at some point!

Ironic fact: I was actually wondering if Spanish was your mother tongue, because I was just reading a previous post from you before this thread and I saw you spelled "major" as "mayor" which I've only seen done before by my Spanish colleagues. :)

#3 ·
Good eye my friend. I'm amazed you only found that so far. I try my best and thanks for letting me know. You will never find it spelled wrong again, at least not from me, Hahahahaha.

One of my life plans is to enter through the "Falls" and exit through Montreal, back to state side. See the Red Sox and the Jays battle it out on your turf in Toronto. Go to Kingston, then Ottawa and finish it off in Montreal. Maybe I can fill up the Tib's trunk with that good wine you guys have over there. I have a lot of respect for Canada and its people, just because of personal experience. Thanks for everything.

Reactions: Acura_Kal
#9 ·
One of my life plans is to enter through the "Falls" and exit through Montreal, back to state side.
I go walk/hike around the falls and gorge a few times a month. I only live about 15 minutes away.

I'm somewhat jaded at this point, but I still remember the first time I saw the falls and how impressive it seemed. The Canadian side is much nicer with more things to do but the American side has better hiking trails on the lower gorge (Devils Hole).

#4 ·
Nice man, I have owned my Tib new since 2006... and just got around to checking out this site last month-for shame. I have no doubt I missed it in its prime, when the Tiburon was in production, as it's a low down dirty shame to see all the X'd out broken links pics on DIYs and other members rides. I echo the sentiments on the shoutouts as I've learned a several bits of knowledge Tib. specific and beyond from the above posters.

#5 ·
Glad to be a help! I have nothing but love for the assistance and knowledge I have received as well. Priceless.

Reactions: BattleChaser
#6 ·
1- congrats on the milestone.
2- while I appreciate some of the comments towards me, I have nowhere the Tib knowledge others on this site have. I hope too more adding general that can be used many places, and once in a while I can pass on Tib specific info.

Keep in mind, after we bought our Tib a few years ago, I looked for forum info. After slogging though multiple sites, I found NT and thought it was a wealth of Tib specific info, thus I'm still here.

Soooo......whatcha selling? LOL......:grin2:

Reactions: BattleChaser
#7 · (Edited)
1- congrats on the milestone.
2- while I appreciate some of the comments towards me, I have nowhere the Tib knowledge others on this site have. I hope too more adding general that can be used many places, and once in a while I can pass on Tib specific info.
Too humble!

Keep in mind, after we bought our Tib a few years ago, I looked for forum info. After slogging though multiple sites, I found NT and thought it was a wealth of Tib specific info, thus I'm still here.
I guess I got lucky. It's the first one I found and only one I've ever been on!

Soooo......whatcha selling? LOL......:grin2:
Agreed....do tell!

#8 ·
No problem at all and thank you, majority of the knowledge I have on our car has been learned via this forum over the past 3 years, anything else I've learned has typically been a hands-on mistake due to not researching enough aha. I pass on as much knowledge as I can so that Tiburons all over can be fixed properly and stay away from the salvage yard.

Btw, I keep all of my old parts as well. Including the delay valve lol. Mostly because sometimes you just don't know if a mod you made will work correctly, always good to keep those old parts just in case. But I'm also very sentimental (all around) and with my car as well :)

I'd also be interested in hearing what you've got for sale!

#10 ·
Wow, I'm amazed on how hungry this forum is for parts, or just wealthy people, ;) . Right now, I don't have anything to sell. Most of it, is all oem stuff I have laying around. Few extra things from visits to the yard but that's about it.
@h8isgr8 I'm jealous of the fact you are 15 minutes away from there. I bet its really nice up there and it would make an awesome place to line up a bunch of Tibs for pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.