Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

new to Tiburon and need help ASAP

596 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dmdicks 
#1 ·
ok, so im sure this topic has already been discussed but i am new to forums and also new to the tiburon scene.. so with that being said ill get right to it. i replaced the my clutch and after i got everything back together my car goes into gear real hard and even when my clutch is all the way to the floor if i just push my shifter towards first or any gear it starts rolling.. any ideas on what the hell is going on ? i have a 04 gt v6 special edition.. havent been able to drive my car in over a month because of this and its starting to become very irritating. both myself and my mechanic are stumped on this.. ive replaced flywheel clutch disc pressure plate and slave cylinder master is not leaking and slave is new OE from Hyundai dealer..

#2 ·
Does it grind going into gear with the engine running?

Did you replace the clutch slave cylinder at the same time as the clutch, or later on while trying to resolve the issue?

OEM dual mass flywheel and clutch assembly, or converted to single mass?

Sorta sounds like the ToB is not fully into the pressure plate but not totally sure.

Why was the clutch replaced originally?

How long have you owned the car?
How many miles on the car?

#4 ·
128k miles and i got it in december drove it for 2000 miles and clutch started slipping really bad so i decided to change it.. i did change it to the single mass slave was replaced at the same time. no idea about the release lever honestly.. maybe thats where i went wrong with it.. this is my first hyundai so its all new to me.. coming from older hondas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.