LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sharkracergt is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
2003 Tiburon GT clutch problems??

Hi, my friend just recently had her clutch go out on her around 31k miles on her 2004 Tiburon GT. The dealership told her it was due to her driving. She has found around 200 forums so far from other Tiburon owners who's clutches have gone prematurely. Is this something I have to worry about? It looks as though I have to considering everyone else is having their clutches go on them. I consider myself a good driver. I own a 2003 Tiburon GT with 42k miles on it and no problems yet except the door lock problem wich everyone else has as well. I'm really scared of losing my clutch like these other people because it's been estimated to be around an average of $1700.00 to repair it. I don't have that kind of money so I guess if my clutch goes, I'll be walking. Atleast I'll save money on gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-14-2005, 04:00 PM
NewTiburon.com God

landshark1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2003 Tiburon GT clutch problems??

my service advisor told me it is because of an extra crappy design, and the fact that the tiburon used a dual-mass flywheel. not sure what that means, but they told me to stay away from manuals. this all after i bought an auto so..... whatever. most of the people replace the clutch anyways. just do a search and you will find numerous threads on this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 09-14-2005, 05:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

PSPTibby is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get an aftermarket clutch cheaper and have someone else do it.

03 Rally Red Tiburon GTV6 6spd/Injen CAI/White ADR 17" Rims/RRM Strut brace/2 sony 10" subs/RF AMP/Borla Catback/Sharkracing short shifter/Tinted Windows/CAR PC/Espelir Springs/NGK Iridium 1 step colder/slotted/cross driller rotors/powerstop pads/rotora steel brake lines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 09-15-2005, 01:43 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

cold as ice is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, I have 35,500 miles on my Tib and my clutch went out. I had to spend a week fighting with the dealer and Hyundai about it. I did my research and found all about it. You need to obtain a copy of the TSB from hyundai web site about this know problem.
My dealer replaced my clutch flywheel, barrings and housing all under warranty.. but like I said it took a lot of fighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.