Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Ok how many people are using aftermarket clutches

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  crocadilen 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with gear grinding so how many New Tiburon members have replaced the stock clutches and why?T :3_vliegen hank you I have to go pick my car up tomorrow from Hyundai and I need to have a plan.Croc

#2 ·
2003 v-6 6spd, had around 27,000 miles when clutch went bad. Premature wear I believe.
Clutchmasters stage2 + Fidanza flywheel from NGM solved that problem with the quickness.

#4 ·
crocadilen said:
I am having a problem with gear grinding so how many New Tiburon members have replaced the stock clutches and why?T :3_vliegen hank you I have to go pick my car up tomorrow from Hyundai and I need to have a plan.Croc
every now and then my car likes to grind second. i have heard from other people with tibs say their second grinds too...... is it that gear in your case or is it all of them? just wondering if my clutch is going bad or if its a tiburon problem.

#5 ·
because i was installing a turbo and figured why not put in a clutch at the same time...(the motor was already pulled)

Clutch Masters Stage 4 (4 -puck)

#7 · (Edited)
QCtib said:
every now and then my car likes to grind second. i have heard from other people with tibs say their second grinds too...... is it that gear in your case or is it all of them? just wondering if my clutch is going bad or if its a tiburon problem.
lol hearing that makes me feel good.You are right it only grinds second.I have owned this car for almost 2 years and this is the first time it has grinded second though??I just had the clutch ,flywheel and throw out bearing replaced.I would like to think that would make the gear shifting perfect now.I will take the mechanic around and see if it goofs up.Thank you Croc.

#9 ·
xFloggingkylex said:
clutch went out at 25k, replaced with a stage2 clutchmasters with matching flywheel and LOVE it. didn't have gear grinding problems though, just slipping. You may want to check/replace your tranny fluid to see if that can help without breaking the bank.
lol while they were looking at the grinding I had them do the 30k mile tune up and one of the things they did was flush the transmission fluid.Maybe that is why it stopped grinding for them.I hope that is what the problem was.Thank you Croc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.