*****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread***** - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #26 of 137 Old 11-04-2007, 02:31 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jsar
Re: *****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread*****

Hi Gentleman,

I have a daily driven 06' Tiburon 2.0L 5 speed model boost to ard 300+ whp now, intending to go for 400whp on my next turbo upgrade(GT2871R or GT3071R). My Valeo clutch (350hp) is abt to wear out soon. Heard good things abt the Clutchmaster stage 4 with Fidanza flywheel combo. How is the drivability on these clutches? Anyone have the part number for this combo and where can I get them the cheapest? Thought abt trying out the stage 3 ACT clutch, but do not know which lightened flywheel is compatible. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
Jsar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The Magic of Gear ratio

- RIP

- The Phantom of Korea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 137 Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

whoutellin10 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i remeber right when i bought my fidanza flywheel, it was matched best with the cm clutches. I have heard many good things about cm stage 2 and 3. i have the stage 1. Mine grabs alot better than stock and i can drvie it everyday no problem. My friend from around here has the stage 3 CM with CM flywheel and he drives it everyday. His setup grabs very well. He has told me that he can chirp his tires into 4th gear. (the clutch is his only main upgrade besides a chip).

Clutchmasters stage 1 clutch, w/ Fidanza flywheel, CAI with AEM cone filter, 18in HP racing lightning rims, lowering springs, Mussa catback, Tuscani conversion, CF VIS Evo hood, sony/infiniti audio system, vent glows via DD. GREEN SG underglow. CHI TOWN!!
post #28 of 137 Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

04blueshark is an unknown quantity at this point

'04 V6 6speed w/ Stock clutch...and of course slipping issues. What's up with Valeo's conversion kit to a solid flywheel? Pros, Cons? Also I've seen that there are two different sizes or types of flywheels and maybe clutch's for the '03 to '06 2.7's. How do I find out which one I need.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by 04blueshark; 02-21-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: additional question

post #29 of 137 Old 03-02-2008, 02:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

dsmomar is an unknown quantity at this point

see i got a different proble see if u can help.i got the fidanza/cm combo and the clutch sucked worse thing i have ever used.the center hub was not the right size at first and then it turnd out that it was to thick and eventualy shot a spring . even though it is freakin oviouse that it is their fault CM told me they have nothing to do with it and they would not warranty.so they basically stole my 500 bucks.watch out with them they don't back their products.
to give an idea , the hub was so thick it caused the baering to hit the small hump in the back of the tranny and rub the springs
post #30 of 137 Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

tsinen2007

i am getting a dxd clutch in my car but i can not afford a flywheel right now. Cant i get the stock flywheel resurfaced?
post #31 of 137 Old 05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

06redtib

i had the dxd clutch pair with cluthmasters flywheel for the 2006 i4 tiburon and it gave up after 8 months. the springs broke out and all the kevlar lining on the pressure plate side was gone. returned it to sbc and they gave me the money back. i was in a hurry, i was replacing my tranny when i found the messed up clutch so i had to go to the dealer and get a new factory one. also i kept the cluthmasters flywheel whith the factory clutch and it works good so i guess the flywheel wasnt the problem.
post #32 of 137 Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 AM
NewTiburon.com God

JAY-R

i didn't want to make a thread... so can some1 help me out what i need to get... my car was made may 19, 2006. so what type i need to get for the Fidanza flywheel... HY5 or HY3

My Tuscani--->
post #33 of 137 Old 06-22-2008, 01:26 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
bmxer has a spectacular aura aboutbmxer has a spectacular aura about

The part number is 193141 for the 2.0L with a 5spd

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up

-
-
post #34 of 137 Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 AM
NewTiburon.com God

nerv

what sup guys
i have 5 speed gt v6 and i am now shopping for c/fw. Now this is what confused me
i check valeo web site and according to them
5 speed v6 part number 52152601 8 1/2 x 7/8 x 20
6 speed v6 52252603 8 7/8 x 13/16 x 20
now this is where is confused me
5 speed 2.0 4 cyl 52152601 8 1/2 x 7/8 x 20
so do i have dual mass f/w or did i get lucky got a solid

post #35 of 137 Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 AM
NewTiburon.com God

This needs to be added to front page:
South bend DXD Series of clutches.

Kits from a heavy duty replacement to 480hp holding monsters ... both 2.0L and 2.7L. Pedal pressure is only slightly increase with the DXD-F and the four puck only has a slight chatter, very drivable

Great customer support from Paul who has over 30 years experience with clutches. And prices can't be beat ... plus they're locally grown!!

-
-

Last edited by bmxer; 08-15-2008 at 01:02 AM.
post #36 of 137 Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

04TiBgTv6SpD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tibulator View Post
Just ran into the same problem...any idea what size it is supposed to be? millimeter wiseetc.?
i went throught my first clutch at 16k never raced on my clutch dont ride the clutch or anything hell i lost my liscense for 6 months and couldnt drive and i had to pay to replace it now once again at 38k my clutch is out wtf cant hyundai make a better god d*M clutch that can handle being driven everyday?
any suggestions on new clutch

D C Sport Headers ----Poison Flared WideBody------- AEM CAI ---------Ark STS ---------Tsw Nogaro 17x8 20mm offset------ 20% tint all around
post #37 of 137 Old 09-09-2008, 04:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Rhino is an unknown quantity at this point

i just had a Spec Stg 2 and aluminum flywheel installed. I currently have about 550 miles on it and it feels just like a good stock clutch. I paid right at $800 for the C/FW combo. Would HIGHLY suggest this clutch to ANYONE looking for a good aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

Exterior:Tint, S2K antenna,
Performance:Injen Sri, Spec Stage 2 Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel, DC Sports, ceramic coated Headers, SSA Exhaust W/ Magnaflow Resonator.
post #38 of 137 Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
NewTiburon.com God

I'm at around 500 miles, mostly freeway, and there is a lot of chatter at times, but its starting to go away ... total for the clutch and a Fidanza 7lbs flywheel ... $680

-
-
post #39 of 137 Old 09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

klouud will become famous soon enough

I currently have a Competition Clutch 2400 series wtih 50% more holding power and a Fidanza lightweight flywheel. I want to upgrade to a CM stg 4 with 6 puck. Will i need to re-surface my flywheel (whatever that means) after the upgrade?

tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanderk View Post
you know.... it almost lookes like a penis: penis charged FTW lol

post #40 of 137 Old 10-31-2008, 04:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

lmsw1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an early 2003 ( pre 4-03) 5 speed gt. i am in the process of replacing my clutch and flywheel. It is a mess, the clutch was replaced by the previous owner with another oem. It is apparently the larger one found in late 2003 models. Centerforce makes a clutch for the pre 4-03 and the late 2003-05

Last edited by lmsw1989; 11-03-2008 at 02:16 PM.
post #41 of 137 Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

SDTibMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone help me please? I bought the Clutchmaster FX200 sprung clutch with a Fidanza flywheel and it is not fitting properly. When my mechanic lays the clutch in the flywheel it seems to thick so when put back together it doesn't spin properly. I don't know much about any of this but what my mechanic told me. I called Clutchmaster and they said its probably the wrong flywheel. Does this sound right to anyone? I really need help because I am already getting charged for having my transmission dropped twice now its sitting up on the rack all torn apart and I have no idea what it could be.

Mussa Dual Exhaust / Tuscani Badges / B&M Short Shifter / Custom Headlights / Bomz CAI / Espelir Lowering Springs
post #42 of 137 Old 12-04-2008, 02:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

twistid-tib is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a spec stg2 clutch and there lightened flywheel. i would personally not recommend spec to any one. i dont mean to hate but they are crap. i gave it 1000 mile break in period b4 i ever got on it and 500 miles later it chatters like no 2maro. and it has also started to slip going thru every gear. i am very disappointed in this product i am going to be calling them very soon and hopefully trying to get my money back and/ or getting them to replace it seeing as it is still under warranty. i would not recommend this clutch setup. my friend has the clutchmaster stg 3 and findanza fly wheel setup and its the best setup personnaly. when it comes down to it i am going to buy that setup. thank you for your time and i hope this helps some one

cai,ssa exhaust, stg3 clutch/fly, d/s rotors, tinted tails, tints, hid low/fog, shorty antenna, twm short shifter. soon=drop
post #43 of 137 Old 12-27-2008, 05:38 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

CelticShark420 will become famous soon enoughCelticShark420 will become famous soon enough

hey I have one last question, whats this 500 mile break in period, does it just suck for that 500 miles, or is it like, standard everyday grandma shifting?

i mean, wtf mate?

p.s. clutchmasters flywheel? anyone? beuller?

if not, im feelin the CM stage 4 - 6 puck and Fidanza flywheel.... opinions?

Mussa DST: : : : : : : : : ClutchMaster St.I : : : : : : : : : KYB-GR2's
Mussa CF Hood : : : : : Fidanza eff.dub. : : : : : : : Fujita F5 SRI
Tein-S Springs : : : : : : : : : ARK STS : : : : : : : Wilwood F&R BBK
ARK FStB/RSwB : : : : : : : CF Hatch : : : : : : : : : : DC Headers

Last edited by CelticShark420; 12-27-2008 at 05:50 PM.
post #44 of 137 Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

FlashBox5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBox5 View Post
check this... I've got the 03 GT V6 6-Speed, I ripped thru the original clutch within 10k miles?? So I get the dealership to replace it for me. I notice 10k miles later its startin to slip again so I went out and got the Findanza light weight Flywheel and ACT Stage 2 Clutch and have it installed by a local performance shop and they dont fit So I check the boards and Apparently I have a tib made within the first 6 months of 03 and it has a smaller assembly. Does anybody know if theirs a clutch out there that will fit my application or should I count on Spendin $800 every year for a stock clutch?
So I'm Guessing theres still no aftermarket clutch for the early 03's with the smaller setup?

Does anyone wanna buy my ACT Stage 2 and Findanza Light Weight Flywheel?

AEM Cold Air Intake
Eibach Pro-Kit
AMSS V6 Headers
Greddy Evo-2 Cat Back
Progress Rear Sway Bar
RRM F/R Strut Tower Bars
RO_JA R2-5 18"
Rotora BBK

Last edited by FlashBox5; 12-30-2008 at 11:03 AM.
post #45 of 137 Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 PM
NewTiburon.com God

nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBox5 View Post
So I'm Guessing theres still no aftermarket clutch for the early 03's with the smaller setup?

Does anyone wanna buy my ACT Stage 2 and Findanza Light Weight Flywheel?
did this act stage came with the tob

post #46 of 137 Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

wrecklesstibb04 is an unknown quantity at this point

so i need a new clutch and flywheel ...... im thinking about going with the clutch masters and fidanza but dont know were would be a good place to get it ? plus dont know what stg to go with and what i need for my 04 v6 6 speed...... but i was also thinking about going with zooms stg 3 clutch and zoom lightweight flywheel ...... i just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about their products if their good and all

well not bone stock anymore check out my car domain has all my mods and upgrades thanks

post #47 of 137 Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

gravija101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , i just purchased an 03 tib v6 6speed , when the guy sold it to me (private sale) it has no problems, it drove just fine... but that night when it got cold (April) i tried starting it up and putting it into first gear.... i had to literally force it in gear and when it got there a loud straining noise came from the engine department, like a high pitched humming or vibration.... so thinking that the clutch was toast i brought it to a shop and put in a new OEM clutch kit... brought it home and the problem was not fixed..... it seems it will only shift after it has been warmed up for at LEAST 10 mins... then it doesn't shift great , but it will... i have no problems shifting while driving, its just the start up... i read this post and im not sure what a clutch master is... and if the flywheel is the problem here.... when the mechanic took my car apart he said the flywheel was a little charred up but it was 900$ to get a new OEM one. so Ive been just warming my car up and driving it for the past few weeks...... does anyone have a solution/recommendation to my problem? does it hurt my car driving it like this?
post #48 of 137 Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
NewTiburon.com God

openthewell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravija101 View Post
Hi , i just purchased an 03 tib v6 6speed , when the guy sold it to me (private sale) it has no problems, it drove just fine... but that night when it got cold (April) i tried starting it up and putting it into first gear.... i had to literally force it in gear and when it got there a loud straining noise came from the engine department, like a high pitched humming or vibration.... so thinking that the clutch was toast i brought it to a shop and put in a new OEM clutch kit... brought it home and the problem was not fixed..... it seems it will only shift after it has been warmed up for at LEAST 10 mins... then it doesn't shift great , but it will... i have no problems shifting while driving, its just the start up... i read this post and im not sure what a clutch master is... and if the flywheel is the problem here.... when the mechanic took my car apart he said the flywheel was a little charred up but it was 900$ to get a new OEM one. so Ive been just warming my car up and driving it for the past few weeks...... does anyone have a solution/recommendation to my problem? does it hurt my car driving it like this?
Sounds like you either need to adjust clutch pedal or the fluid in the transmission is no longer doing its job. How many miles are on the car?

Sold the Sniper, now I'm getting passed by snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi
Stupidity, Man's greatest predator. Shame the poor animal didn't get to feed that night.
post #49 of 137 Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

gravija101 is an unknown quantity at this point

the car has 58k on it... i just talked to a kid in my english class, he said shift into 3 then 4 then first or reverse, doing this lines up the syncros i guess? it seemed to work this morning but it was hot outside.... i bled the slave out twice. there was a lot of air in the line. but it didnt fix the problem. could it be the syncros? and if so whats the fix?
post #50 of 137 Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
NewTiburon.com God

openthewell will become famous soon enough

Here's something to try. What you'll want to do is start the car, and while your sitting still, push the clutch in quickly, count to 3 and then try and put it in reverse. If after 3 seconds you hear grinding, your clutch probably isn't fully disengaging properly. If it shifts fine, it might be your synchro's or your gear oil. With almost 60k on the transmission, who knows when or if the oil has ever been replaced, that could cause hard shifting.

Sold the Sniper, now I'm getting passed by snails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi
Stupidity, Man's greatest predator. Shame the poor animal didn't get to feed that night.

Last edited by openthewell; 04-28-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.