*****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread***** - Page 3 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 137 Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jsar
Re: *****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread*****

i hve two sets of the valeo extreme clutch kit which come as a set with the lighten flywheel. The flywheel on both sets are still in good condition. I would like to try out the dxd clutch but hope can save some money if can use back the valeo flywheel.

Can the valeo extreme lightened flywheel mate with a dxd stage 5 clutch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The Magic of Gear ratio

- RIP

- The Phantom of Korea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 137 Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
dlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to alldlanes is a name known to all

XTD should not be up there. Their clutches are garbage. The only decent thing they have made for the tib is a chromoly flywheel.
08TiburonSE likes this.

03 Tiburon GT 6 speed Assassin supercharged, NGM race shortblock, Stage 2 heads, NGM stage 1 cams, NGM 90mm throttle body, Hydra 2.6 EMS, 460cc inejectors, Bosch 190lph fuel pump, SSA headers/cat-back, 3.5" SRI, NGM twin disc clutch, Phantom grip LSD conversion, KJB delrin cable bushings, Mishimoto radiator, Ark 22mm rear sway bar, Vogtland springs, Koni adjustable shocks, MOOG endlinks & tie-rods, XG350 brake conversion.
post #53 of 137 Old 06-26-2009, 04:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

TDL 23 is an unknown quantity at this point

do not get South Bend...my throw out bearing will not stay in tact...the car wont move with the south bend stage 2 clutch in...

current:stage 2 south bend clutch, clear corners (black bezel), ark n2 dual exhaust, custom painted red engine bay accents, injen cold air intake, 5% tint, white L.E.D under-glow, shorty antenna, custom FFF T badges, 2 JL audio 10's, 1200 watt JL audio amp, kenwood head-unit

future: black 17' wheels, RRM/Ark strut bars, shaded tails, short throw shifter with red line goods brake/shifter boot, interior dress up, FL conversion
post #54 of 137 Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Atreus can only hope to improve

I need a new clutch for my 04 5sp 4cyl. I'm definately not buying another stock clutch. Future mods will only be i/h/e and motormounts. Which clutch is the best bang for the buck?

post #55 of 137 Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

GetMitchOrDiTryn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys my stock clutch is showing the typical signs of wear at 46k. I'm looking into buying a clutch/fw combo after i save up the $. i dont understand much of the stages or set ups of either so i was wondering what could i get that would be good for spirited driving, (i dont race on tracks) and still possibly be ok if i ever did decide to go f/i.. my car is a daily driver also. thanks for any suggestions.

Tibby's sold and gone... I have some stock parts PM me if your interested!
post #56 of 137 Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

gravija101 is an unknown quantity at this point

. i just bought an 03 gt 6speed and i put a new OEM clutch in it because it was not going into gear,and it was having a rough time shifting. the new clutch didnt do anything. the problem remained. i read in a mechanics program called "mitchell" and "alldata" that all 03 tiburons manufactued before april of 03 (mine) have a design flaw in their OEM clutches and they make a new modified one.. with a dual mass flywheel... (900$) my question is , if i just buy a cheaper flywheel and clutch that matches it will my problem be fixed? if so, what can i get in the 600 price range?(for both clutch and flywheel)
08TiburonSE likes this.
post #57 of 137 Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

linaowns is an unknown quantity at this point

I need help too! I have an 03 v6 tibby with about 88k miles on it. and apparently the owner before me replaced the clutch right when he got it, but he replaced it with an oem clutch (which i heard doesnt handle the horsepower of a standard 2003 v6 tiburon ). Anyways, i'm not planning on getting FI or anything but my clutch is slipping when I shift fast and engagement is hardly noticeable at all. I already removed the little devil spring in the slave cylinder but that didnt change anything at all ??

also! speedzone told me that my clutch needs some kind of conversion to switch it to stage 1 (which is what i am hoping to get ). is this true? if so, what kind of conversion?
help :]
post #58 of 137 Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

driveitlikeyoustoleit is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 04 2.0 and my clutch is starting to slip a bit. im going to have to replace my clutch within the next couple months and was thinking about getting an upgrade clutch and lightwieght flywheel. no real big mods (i/e/h) etc... whats the best clutch for my money? without spending like 600 between them both? anyone had some good experiences wiht any good clutces? anything will help....
post #59 of 137 Old 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

SLG45 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an 07 4 cyl...will the same clutch fit it from the 03-06 cause thats when all the years for the clutch classes seem to end?
post #60 of 137 Old 09-30-2009, 05:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

any information would help have to buy one asap..
post #61 of 137 Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 AM

KevinBrz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

yes, the clutch for the 2006 is the same as 2007-08. We have the SPEC line of clutches available if you're interested. Any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports
post #62 of 137 Old 10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

KJB...is the fidanza flywheel u have the 35mm one??
post #63 of 137 Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

oughta_sight is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to get a zoom clutch for my 2003 v6 6speed and the company said they r no longer producing clutches for the Tib
post #64 of 137 Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 PM

UpstateNYtib will become famous soon enough

04 v6 6spd looking to upgrade from stock, starting to slip
----->whats the best bang for your buck on the market now?<------
i've always gone with cltchmaster but they seem to be having trouble with consumer feedback, the clutch isnt something i want to skimp on.

thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunwoo92 View Post
My garage was closed. but why?? the carbon dioxide that comes out from the exhaust is dangerous or something?

post #65 of 137 Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

B-bridges-88 can only hope to improve

yea im lookin 2 replace my clutch i got a 03 gt v6 it has the 90000 on the stock clutch i dont have much money right now so could i just buy the clutch disk i found act disk for 95 .. or should i just try and hold off till i get the money for the whole cluch set
post #66 of 137 Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Jsar

Time to change my clutch. Any stronger clutch than the valeo extreme clutch kit develop yet?
08TiburonSE likes this.

- The Magic of Gear ratio

- RIP

- The Phantom of Korea
post #67 of 137 Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tiburon_habanero is an unknown quantity at this point

Well guys I drive crazy every single day and kill a set of front good tires every summer and here is my result with DXD........................................................................ ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ....................................................................

I put in fidanza FW and Stage 3 (OFE Series) at the same time I install and alpine Supercharger Stage 2....What happen? well that was almost 20K milles back and about 3 to 4 years...My clutch never ever slip (the tires did) and about 2 moths ago my setup fail while the clutch was still holding the dam valeo throw out bearing broke and I can't engage the state of the art DXD clutch any more I still have to put all apart to see how it looks but it did drife nice until the bearing give up......This specific clutch drives like a dream thanks to a full disc with marcel springs and one side ferroceramic and a super metal organic on the PP side..

I DID FIND THE PERFECT CLUCTH AT LEAST FOR ME BUT DID ANY ONE KNOW OF A throw out bearing OTHERE THAT THE ONE MADE BY valeo f.... VALEO IS THE WORST THING EVER HAPEN TO HYUNDAI.................................................

290cc hyundai injectors for sale
[url]

*************************************************************************** *************************************************************************** *****************************************************************

Fidel Castro is the man
post #68 of 137 Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

D7Tuscani is an unknown quantity at this point

guys, i drive a 06- 2.0 -5spd, looking to get a clutch/flywheel kit soon. was thinking of going valeo or maybe cm, has anyone gone through their upgrades since their last post? what did you guys end up trying and what pro and cons did you find? also has anyone heard of F1 racing clutches or has tried exedy?
post #69 of 137 Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

deathdealerxx can only hope to improve

hey so i have a 2.7 se 2007 and im having clutch problems, sometimes its hard to shift into first and sometimes i have to turn my car off to put it in reverse or ill have to pump the clutch a couple times. i have plenty of clutch fluid and ive done the slave cylinder mod. didnt help with shifting too much.. need to get a new clutch and flywheel. was wondering if the ark 13 lb flywheel and the spec stage 2 clutch would be a good replacement?
08TiburonSE likes this.
post #70 of 137 Old 02-26-2010, 05:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

deathdealerxx can only hope to improve

and if i get the ark flywheel i have to get an unsprung clutch.
so which should i get the ark flywheel and the spec stage 2 unsprung clutch
or fiadanza flywheel and the spec stage 2 sprung clutch or clutchmasters stage 2?
please help>...
post #71 of 137 Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

BF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura about

Ok need a definitive answer to this question.

Are the Clutches and Flywheels for 6 speed and 5 speeds the same.

Are the clutches and flywheels for 2008 6 speed the same as the 2003-2006 cars.

Been looking everywhere and the only listed clutchs adn flywheels for 2008 are OEM replacements, and are not on any of the vender sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Blue View Post
Brian...I'm going to slay you if you don't stop making worthless threads....
less than 24 hours later
Quote:
...I'm going to kill you...
the takahashi240 spellchecker... for those of us whom refuse to spellcheck even when there are mutiple ways readilly avaliable to us.... we simply just dont care..
post #72 of 137 Old 04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
NewTiburon.com God

BF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura aboutBF15 has a spectacular aura about

WOW this thread must be dead!!!! BUMP

Quote:
Brian...I'm going to slay you if you don't stop making worthless threads....
less than 24 hours later
Quote:
...I'm going to kill you...
the takahashi240 spellchecker... for those of us whom refuse to spellcheck even when there are mutiple ways readilly avaliable to us.... we simply just dont care..
post #73 of 137 Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Xfacad3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I have a 2006 V6 tuscani. Is the stage 4 CM kit and fidanza flywheel a good combo if i am going to upgrade with an asassin S/C? also should i get the 4 or 6 puck one? thank you, please PM me an answer thanks a bunch
post #74 of 137 Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
mrtibs

what about the eclutchmasters? I heard they copy good designs...
post #75 of 137 Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

LiquidFireTibby will become famous soon enoughLiquidFireTibby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtibs View Post
what about the eclutchmasters? I heard they copy good designs...
i was wondering this myself. i dont really have $800+ to spend on clutch and FW but mine went and i need my car back ASAP!

(WREKCED)
System Upgrade STS - ARK Front Strut Bar - XG350 Brakes - 12" Drilled Rotors - KJB Shifter Base Bushings - KJB Delrin Shifter Bushings - CAI - Tuscani Emblems and Center Caps - OEM High Spoiler - KDM Side Markers - 35w 6000K HID low beams - 35w 6000K HID Fogs - Audi Style DRLs - LED Gills - Shorty Antenna - NGK Iridium IX plugs - Nology HotWires - Aluminum Pedals - SPEC Stg 1 - ARK 11 lb Chromoly Flywheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.