*****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread***** - Page 4 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 137 Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
rickg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread*****

I have an '03 GSR 6 speed and replaced OEM clutch with a Spec Stage 1 clutch and an Ark Chromoly Flywheel about 3 weeks ago. Engaged nicely for first two weeks and still does when cold. Once everything is warmed up, am experiencing major chatter and abrupt engagement in first and a little in second. Clutch has been babied during breakin. Anyone experience similar conditions? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 137 Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Jaret

I wanted to say nice job!
I have a fidanza stage 2 clutch and flywheel.. And she is a nasty b*tch!
I have never driven a clutch so willing to chatter, and it grips too well in the high reverse gear, I would only get it again if I didnt ever have to drive in snow.. It's manageable in the summer, but reversing in the snow is a scary proposition..
post #78 of 137 Old 03-13-2011, 02:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

schwinn853 is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear newtiburon.com is blowing my mind every day! Any question I have can be found already answered. Makes it tough to think of things to post haha.

post #79 of 137 Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 PM
LsB
NewTiburon.com Newbie

LsB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: *****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread*****

Are you still having trouble with the chatter? I'm trying to figure out which clutch and flywheel combo that I want to go with. Your setup has been recommended to me....
post #80 of 137 Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Tcarboy7 will become famous soon enoughTcarboy7 will become famous soon enough

the chatter is probably from the heavy duty flywheel, i'm pretty sure a small amount of chatter is normal with this set up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6SPD
BONE STOCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #81 of 137 Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
bmxer has a spectacular aura aboutbmxer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsB View Post
Are you still having trouble with the chatter? I'm trying to figure out which clutch and flywheel combo that I want to go with. Your setup has been recommended to me....
Who are you asking? My South Bend is running good ...no chatter at all now.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up

-
-
post #82 of 137 Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

doubleclutchit is an unknown quantity at this point

i read this whole thing and the question still hasnt been answered, what is the best combintation of clutch and light weight flywheel for a supercharged tib , that wont slip or crap out after a couple thousand miles and can handle some abuse
post #83 of 137 Old 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com God

nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleclutchit View Post
i read this whole thing and the question still hasnt been answered, what is the best combintation of clutch and light weight flywheel for a supercharged tib , that wont slip or crap out after a couple thousand miles and can handle some abuse
v6 clutch master hands down stage 4 and fl flywheel
also spec but it will take longer to break in the clutch ..i had both and i prefer clutchmaster

post #84 of 137 Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleclutchit View Post
It hasn't been answered because it can't ... I've been using the South Bend Clutches with an aluminum flywheel ... no issues whats so ever. I had a stocker with 60K and it was abused and no issues what so ever. So, your results will very ... get what everyone says you should and your expectations are most likely going to go beyond what the clutch is capable of .... something to think about.

-
-
post #85 of 137 Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

1ccs-todd is an unknown quantity at this point

great post. im overloaded with choices now
post #86 of 137 Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Gambinno is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be needing to do a clutch job soon myself on an 06 2.0 motor and I have a question maybe you can help me out with. Before I get crucified, yes I did search but but I got too many different answers.
1. Does it come with a dual mass flywheel stock. (I believe it does but I'm not 100%)
2. Can I replace it with a single mass?
3. Am I retarded for even considering this?

You need people like me, so you can point your finger and say, "that's the bad guy."
post #87 of 137 Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

King is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first time on this so forgive me if this has already been asked but I didn't see it. I am doing a clutch on my 03 Tiburon (the 2.7L) and was wondering about the flywheels, do they come with the bushing that is in the center of the flywheel? Mine seems to have broke and i would like to know if i need to stop at the dealership to get a new one or not.
post #88 of 137 Old 09-18-2011, 02:10 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
MisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really niceMisterTib is just really nice

There is no bushing or 'pilot bearing' like on some rear wheel drive set ups. There is a stamped steel piece, it's only purpose is to give the clutch alignment tool something to 'sit' in. And as long as we're on the issue of clutches, like bmxer, I'm running a South Bend clutch, it's been great!

NGM/Alpine Stage 2,NGM Budget short block, NGM reflash, Injen CAI, Hot Shots, Mussa single, Fidanza, South Bend OFE,Ralco STS, Kart Boy shifter bushings, Weapon R Dampner,Sun Hyper Ground, Amsoil dual-remote bypass filter . 277 HP 243 TQ 7.5 psi, Mustang Dyno
"I don't mind if she whines, it means I'm getting blown!"

Last edited by MisterTib; 09-20-2011 at 01:03 PM.
post #89 of 137 Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tibby2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, i have an 07 tiburon gt v6 limited, I'm keeping my car N/A for the next few years or so, and I'm planning on bumping the power up to about 210 whp, do you think i can cheap out on a stage 1 exedy clutch, or should i get fidanza?
post #90 of 137 Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

CPTTibby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys i need help on a good clutch and lightened flywheel. I have a 06 Tiburon 2.0 and have a custom exhaust system on with a SRI as well. Any great recommendations on a combination for me? I need to get a clutch asap since mine is basically dead. The OEM clutches are just too weak. I dont know much about clutches and flywheels and read up on some, but still not too sure on what is a great combination. Thanks in advance people!
post #91 of 137 Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

chows is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys suggest me with good clutch kit w flywheel, planning to upgrade to stage 2. so please every one give me some places where can i buy clutch kit w flywheel. 03&6-speed&2.7. I have to change tibs parts asap.
post #92 of 137 Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The Blackshinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, my clutch is on its way out and I want to order a new on ASAP before it dies completely. I have an 05 GT with intake, headers, exhaust, and MAFterburner. I will be installing new cams withing the next 4-5 months. My car is a daily driver, but I also do a lot of spirited driving. My question is what stage clutch would be better suited for me based on the mods and my driving style? I cant decided between the clutch master stage 2 or the stage 3. I will be pairing it with a Fidanza flywheel.

RIP Nick Stoliarov (EliteWarMachine) 1/20/87 - 7/11/08

post #93 of 137 Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

joeyinthemix is an unknown quantity at this point

need more info please!!! mine is a 2006 SE 6 speed..i want to go a clutch stage 2 ........what is the best clutch under $600?

" Now me and the mad scientist will have to rip the block apart , fix the rings you just fried", You had me? You never had me , you never had your car" You owe me a 10 second car, ouch" I love quoting Fast and Furious
post #94 of 137 Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

EJCampos33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyinthemix View Post
need more info please!!! mine is a 2006 SE 6 speed..i want to go a clutch stage 2 ........what is the best clutch under $600?
Id go with ACT. Great product, reliable and looooong lasting. N/A, id go stage 2.
post #95 of 137 Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Try South Bend. All I use and NO problems at all.

-
-
post #96 of 137 Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

BabyShark24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone--

I replaced my OEM setup at 52K w/ a CM Stage 1 and Fidanza FW (9.5#). I'm at 122K now on my 04 GT 5-speed. Due to performance mods, I'm definitely going stage 2 this time. While I'm deciding between CM and ACT,l need to know if I can use either or both with the Fidanza FW I already have, or is it just better to upgrade the whole setup? Also, what is the the difference between sprung/unsprung?

2004 Rally Red GT V6 5-Speed Manual

post #97 of 137 Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

drivefast.diefun

I'm planning on getting a Stage II Clutchmaster's clutch & ARK flywheel.... is this a good combination?

post #98 of 137 Old 04-24-2012, 04:28 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
M.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivefast.diefun View Post
I'm planning on getting a Stage II Clutchmaster's clutch & ARK flywheel.... is this a good combination?
Yes.. I'm pretty sure you can pair up almost any clutch/flywheel in this thread together. The stage of clutch you need is solely based on the power output of your car and the way your drive it.

Has anybody had any experience with the Ralco RZ Chromoly Flywheel??
Thanks!

EDIT: Also, anybody know the torque rating for the SPEC stage 2 and 3? i can't seem to find

Intercooled T3/T4OB .63 AR Turbo, 2Step Colder Plugs, 460cc Injectors, Fidanza, SPEC Stg3, Stg4 LIM&UIM, TIG, Rear Strut Bar, Rear Sway Bar, HIDs , CCFL AEs, Basstib STS, Raceland, Camber Bolts, FIC6, WOT Box, Headers, TWM Bushing, 94a Poly MMs, Rear Battery, AFR, Boost, Oil Press Gauges Next: 190 fuel pump, More boost, WMI
Shop manuals

Last edited by M.Kyle; 04-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
post #99 of 137 Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

rideordie is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an 03 gt v6 alll stock but my tob is done and im replacing everything, im gentle with the car and dont beat on it cause i am worst enemies with gas stations lol, i was about to order a stage 2 clutch masters and fidanza flywheel, but idk if i should do stage 1 cause its all stock and i granny shift all the time lol
post #100 of 137 Old 05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

maegnas21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great info thank you for the post it has been very helpful in buying a new clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.