*****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread***** - Page 5 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #101 of 138 Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tylerruge is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *****The Definitive Clutch & Flywheel Reference Thread*****

I have a 2003 tiburon gt 6 speed with aftermarket headers exhaust and intake. I am looking to buy a smooth shifting clutch but I want one that can handle a little extra power. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated considering I really have no idea about clutches. I was thinking stage 2 from what I have read and am willing to spend about 400 to 700 dollars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 138 Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
M.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really niceM.Kyle is just really nice

Stage 1 or 2 full surface disk.
A full disk will give you smoother shifts making it easier to DD.

Intercooled T3/T4OB .63 AR Turbo, 2Step Colder Plugs, 460cc Injectors, Fidanza, SPEC Stg3, Stg4 LIM&UIM, TIG, Rear Strut Bar, Rear Sway Bar, HIDs , CCFL AEs, Basstib STS, Raceland, Camber Bolts, FIC6, WOT Box, Headers, TWM Bushing, 94a Poly MMs, Rear Battery, AFR, Boost, Oil Press Gauges Next: 190 fuel pump, More boost, WMI
Shop manuals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 138 Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Accelerator

A new product from Clutch Masters
FX350: Street/Race

The FX350 System uses the Power Plus I Pressure Plate with Clutch Masters New Formula Button disc. This clutch is designed for the street enthusiast or weekend racer who plans to abuse their vehicle on an occasional basis and have a spirited driving style. The FX350 clutch system has a higher holding capacity than a segmented Kevlar lining without compromising the street friendly characteristic Clutch Masters is known for. For year’s enthusiast have had to compromise durability for drivability and vise versa, however with Clutch Masters New Formula button we have closed the gap between these two tradeoffs,

That's gonna be my next clutch!

2008 Tiburon GS 5 speed (Sorry for my English)

post #104 of 138 Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
h8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
That's gonna be my next clutch!
Holy hell that things pricey.

The part number for the tib is 05055-HDFF-AP.
post #105 of 138 Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Accelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8 View Post
Holy hell that things pricey.

The part number for the tib is 05055-HDFF-AP.
AP - It's with Aluminum Flywheel

2008 Tiburon GS 5 speed (Sorry for my English)
post #106 of 138 Old 02-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
mrtibs

Clutchmasters stage4 with F1 flywheel. Smooth as silk so far, just got it back today...

Way better than the VHR setup I had before, a lot more road friendly and can hold more power...

03 GT Stage one Alpine S/C, SSA Headers, Clutchmasters Stage 4, F1 Flywheel, Magnaflow cat, Cherry bomb resonator, FlowMaster Mufflers, Oil catch can and 6 pretty yellow spark plug wires.
post #107 of 138 Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Prescott141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, im looking to spend about 600$ on a clutch kit. I plan on get the f1 chromoly flywheel. but i need to know what clutch will mate up with it. i have a 2003 gt 5 speed. production date nov 2002.
post #108 of 138 Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Kyle View Post
Yes.. I'm pretty sure you can pair up almost any clutch/flywheel in this thread together. The stage of clutch you need is solely based on the power output of your car and the way your drive it.

Has anybody had any experience with the Ralco RZ Chromoly Flywheel??
Thanks!

EDIT: Also, anybody know the torque rating for the SPEC stage 2 and 3? i can't seem to find
Ditto! I'm looking for input on that flywheel too! It's listed at 13lbs, perfect for what I want but can't find any info on it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turn to handling first. Turn up the crazy and rip off the knob...

Contributors: ARK Racing, Ingalls, UltraRacing, YaYa, Energy Suspension, Nolathane Australia, Moog, Stoptech, EBC, TWM, EvoFusion, ASA Wheels, KOYORAD, and of course...good ol' eBay!!!

My build ->
post #109 of 138 Old 06-08-2013, 11:04 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
04_TIB/GT is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking to replace my clutch now that I am going Stage 1 supercharged. I have been a South Bend fan since I put one in my tuned Powerstroke and had good luck with it. Now I am looking at going with a stage 3 clutch on my Tib but South Bend only offers the Stage 2 for it. Part number is K05058-HD-DXD anyone have this clutch/flywheel setup in there Tib?
post #110 of 138 Old 06-11-2013, 06:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

krummy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2005 hyundai tiburon gt and the stock clutch is starting to go out on it, would i be safe to just buy a stage one clutch kit? Would i be able to swap this out without any other modifications? Thanks for the info.
post #111 of 138 Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Requiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by krummy View Post
I have a 2005 hyundai tiburon gt and the stock clutch is starting to go out on it, would i be safe to just buy a stage one clutch kit? Would i be able to swap this out without any other modifications? Thanks for the info.
If the kit includes the:

TOB
Alignment tool
Flywheel
Clutch

Then you are good to go man. Just need time and tools, unless you want a shop to do it.

2006 Lapis Blue V6
Stage 4 Sniper: 575CFM @ 185000rpm

"I don't usually downshift, but when i do, it's next to a Prius so they can hear me hurt the environment." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #112 of 138 Old 09-06-2013, 02:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Danewilbanks is an unknown quantity at this point

My OEM clutch is slipping pretty bad right now, and I'm looking to step it up.
You're clearly more knowledge contained about the quality of them.
I'm not looking to go F/I, but i'd like some advice on a clutch kit that pulls best for street performance, and for life of the clutch.
I'm looking for a full kit clutch, flywheel, throwout. etc.
Any advice for me?
post #113 of 138 Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Danewilbanks is an unknown quantity at this point

OH and I have an '04 v6 2.7 SE
post #114 of 138 Old 11-22-2013, 07:29 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Risenangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope someone can answer question too as I'm in the market for a clutch flywheel setup as well.
post #115 of 138 Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jalexis4192 will become famous soon enoughJalexis4192 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nweaver71 View Post
Hi there guys!
Quite recently my clutch really decided to take a dump on me and since its taken 2 of my motor mounts already I decided to park it in the backyard. Anyways, I'm a bit away from getting it replaced but would welcome opinions now. I'm currently running with and ECU tune, Intake, headers, exhaust, and performance cams. Its a 2003 2.7 six speed. I am looking to preferably get a full stage 3 kit or higher since I plan on supercharging within the next year. I was wondering If anybody had any companies or setups that they would recommend, and if possible how much they paid for kit itself.

"My life's ridin' on the Autobahn on autopilot"
post #116 of 138 Old 12-25-2013, 01:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Abrams56 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish a had a manual instead of an auto
Tibsy likes this.
post #117 of 138 Old 05-16-2014, 03:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Ford is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 06 six speed SE. I'm replacing my fly wheel and clutch. It has a dual mass flywheel. Are there any substitutions I could use in place of the dual mass? Without making any changes to the transmission?
post #118 of 138 Old 12-14-2014, 03:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Dillon burke505 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need some answers please cuz im going crazy on all these diff clutches. I bought my tibb off a friend and he installed the fidanza FW and fidanza clutch. I need a new one i cant even drive it. Im guna get a new friction plate for the FW i stead of reaplacing it and want to pair it with a clutchmasters. Will this pair work and be good to where it will work n last long?
post #119 of 138 Old 12-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 225 Post(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon burke505 View Post
I need some answers please because I'm going crazy on all these diff clutches. I bought my Tib off a friend and he installed the Fidanza FW and Fidanza clutch. I need a new one because I can't even drive it. I'm going get a new friction plate for the FW instead of replacing it and want to pair it with a Clutchmasters. Will this pair work and be good to where it will work and last long?
If the friction plate has failed, likely the pressure plate & flywheel have issues as well. With what is involved in the parts swap (unless you're doing it), it's cheaper in the long run to replace the whole set (flywheel, friction plate, pressure plate & TOB).

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .

Last edited by Charlie-III; 12-14-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fix original post typos....
post #120 of 138 Old 12-14-2014, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about6_cyl_to_kill has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
If the friction plate has failed, likely the pressure plate & flywheel have issues as well. With what is involved in the parts swap (unless you're doing it), it's cheaper in the long run to replace the whole set (flywheel, friction plate, pressure plate & TOB).
I think he was saying he's going to replace the friction plate because that's the point of having it in the first place. If the clutch has failed, replace the clutch and the only friction plate. The actual flywheel is fine, unless something went catastrophically wrong in there.

Dillon - Yes a Clutch masters should fit with a fidanza

Turn to handling first. Turn up the crazy and rip off the knob...

Contributors: ARK Racing, Ingalls, UltraRacing, YaYa, Energy Suspension, Nolathane Australia, Moog, Stoptech, EBC, TWM, EvoFusion, ASA Wheels, KOYORAD, and of course...good ol' eBay!!!

My build ->
post #121 of 138 Old 12-14-2014, 04:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Na everything is good but i was driving to work n ppl at work said they can hear the TOB going. Thats what i think it is cuz when i want to put it in 1st its amazingly hard to put it in. And when i do have it in 1st the car would move and sound like i have the clutch halfway giving no gas like its about to stall out when the pedal is to the floor
post #122 of 138 Old 01-18-2015, 01:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

So i orderd my clutch masters kit sprung and was wondering if the sprung hub will fit on the fidanza FW on onther thread it wouldnt n only the unsprung will. Has anybody got the sprung hub and had no problems?
post #123 of 138 Old 01-24-2015, 02:23 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Goblinator is an unknown quantity at this point
So I have a 05 v6 6speed thats in need of a new clutch, I've been doing a ton of reading on here but have one question.

If I were to buy a kit like the one linked below will I need new bolts for the flywheel to crank shaft and clutch to flywheel?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VALEO-HD-CLU...3D151061494900

Also this kit is just used as a reference probably not the one I'll order. Still open to brands, I'm just looking for a firm pedal daily driver. Any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance.
post #124 of 138 Old 02-08-2015, 02:41 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Alright guys im in need of some very URGENT HELP!!!!! I havent had my tin on over 2 months its BS. I gotta CM stage 1 and after having my bud pull my trans off to figure out i dont have a Fidanza FW n got effd by a friend that said he put it in there. So i gotta return my friction plate and buy a fidanza FW which i have already. So tonight were on the lift the 2nd time, get the subframe dwn. Pull the FW and clutch off. TURNS OUT, it was a single mass conversion, and that middle part on the stock FW is NOT the right peice. ON TOP OF THAT, whoever did the job is an idiot. Cuz the FW wasnt flush to the block and the middle part started to crack in a circle like the bolts were over torqued. Now someone please tell me they still have there stock FW so i can use that middle peice for my Fidanza FW PLEASE!!!
post #125 of 138 Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Lol so uhhh after being told that a fidanza FW and clutch masters stage 1 will pair together,,,, well it didnt. Idk what it is but the pressure plate is not flush to the FW. Soo eff this eff that havent had my car in over 2 months cuz of so many problems with this thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.